Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Blizzard Removes RMT to Get South Korean Approval

123457»

Comments

• MacroHardMacroHard Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by Sojhin

RMT auction house is a system I support. Many of us now have our own house(s) and a family. By extension enjoying a gaming passtime with a few bucks to spend on this hobby only seems to erk those that have a envy crutch.

how wrong you are.  I idealize no one that would rather spend money (past buying the title/sub) then playing a game all the way through.  Do I have hundreds of dollars to blow on a game I've already paid for?  Yes, yes I do.  Will I be spending it merely because I can?  No, no I won't.  Why?  Because I'm smart enough to have realized that paying to skip over a game is a horrid way to take one's self right out of the immersion.  Players are so uneducated/ignorant about game economies and the consequences that RMT has on it.  So you go pay more money and ruin the game for yourself, and I'll play fully and have a lot more fun.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

lol- ur messing with their job market. farmers will have no jobs!

iam glad US has the RMT! only way itll keep me playing D3. and id rather have my currency goto the original developers!

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565
    Originally posted by creedgaming

Look at all these fools , banning RMT in a game doesn't do anythingg but create a gray market with fraud.... By saying we're not going to let RMT in our game it does nothing... WoW doesn't let RMT , they've spent more money then any MMO in history trying to get it out , and banned millions of players over the years for trading accounts , etc... Well when gold is less then 50 cents a million when it was $20 per 1 gold when the game is in beta hows that working out for ya? Are they getting rid of the farmers in WoW? Have you played WoW lately , have you gone somewhere , where you havent got a message come to Youraidiot.com and save 10% on your next order using Promo code: FOOL .... Lol.. 

There are a lot of people that dont want to do any RMT if its considered cheating and is not supported by the company. They dont want to have anything to do with third party companies they feel they cant trust. Or they dont want to cheat... But when its legit and supported they will do it. This means that way more people will do RMT when its supported and legit.

People prepared to pay real money to strange third party companies are a minority. Even if its very obvious its going on its still a minority. When its legit and officially a part of the game a majority will do it.

Its just like drugs. If you make them legal more people will use them. But perhaps there would be less crimes related to drugs. And it would be safer to use drugs for people that do it anyway. But if you really hate drugs you would never support that idea anyway. Because in that case you want less drug users. Not more. And that is all that matters.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

this thread was necroed from 4 months ago

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

Cash shops and the RMT... what used to be the policy on buying/selling ingame gold and items?

That's right gold farmers/items sellers etc got banned.

The line was draw in the sand so to speak. It was pretty clear people selling/buying gold, items, or even just buying max level characters was bad for the game. I mean do you want the best items in the game to be bought in a RMT auction house?

Now Blizzard says we can make more money buy crossing the line and becoming the RMT seller. Pay to win is fine.

Is it a wonder why any real gamers think RMT is horrible? Who wants to play a game where the defining factor is who spent more money?

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Ceridith

I'd actually consider playing Diablo 3 if there were an RMT-less NA version...

Oh well, TL2 still looks better to me anyways.

I'd only consider it if the game, its progression, and loot tables weren't designed with the RMAH in mind.  They can remove that, but it'd still feel gutted to me.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.