Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Incoming Patch Highlights

2»

Comments

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

I dont actually know what any of those changes really do but its funny to me cuz it just looks like a bunch of nerfing.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by lizardbones   Originally posted by sigurd57 It is a fair priority, and it's not just a mechanic for HIGH END players.   Basically, the game as it sits today has the most worthless crafting ever.. UNLESS.. You're Biochem. So basically what's happening, rather than improving the usefulness of other crafting professions, lets just go ahead and make them ALL useless.   According to the post, it was becoming something that was preventing people from getting into the raiding...if you didn't have Biochem and couldn't use those purple items, then you were not invited to the raids or to the raiding guilds. It was becoming a requirement and not a choice. Their decision makes perfect sense in that regard. From the actual post: TL;DR: Fancy words for ‘we nerfed BioChem and Cybertech endgame products’ because they were so good that players started considering them mandatory. Your choice of profession is not supposed to be the deciding factor for participation and success in endgame content. We still believe that BioChem and Cybertech are very worthwhile Crew Skills, especially considering the significant fortune players with these professions are able to realize on the GTN... they are however no longer the ‘golden ticket’ into endgame content.

No it does not make perfect sense!Instead of nerfing the items into oblivion, they could have made them BoE and non-reusable, so crafters can actually sell what they craft and everyone being able to use them!Now nothing basically changes, as they still give an extra advantage over someone who doesn't have Biochem! Unless they nerfed it TOTALLY into oblvion, so that this crafting profession now becomes totally useless at max level too, like all the other crafting professions.  

The idea is that everyone picks a crafting profession because they like it, not because it makes them viable at end game or because it's the profession that makes them the most money. Crafting professions are a money sink, with individual benefits. With that being the case, it makes perfect sense to level things between crafting professions.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• GrintchGrintch Member UncommonPosts: 132

Making changes to placate the PVP'ers have ruined many games in the past. It looks like the same thing is happening here. Very sad.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

**snip**

The only thing they had to do, is make them BoE (Bind on Equip), so crafters can actual sell them and so everyone is able to use them! And make them not reusable.

**snip

^ Seems to me there's some players with some comon sense.

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

Originally posted by evianwater

The game's launch was amazingly smooth, if Rift hadn't launched just before it it would've been the smoothest launch I've ever expirienced. Both Trion and Bioware set new standards for polish and server stabillity on release (Do people not remember how horrendously bad the launches of EQ2, WOW, DDO..etc were ?)

How old were you when EQ2 and DDO launched... neither of those were nearly as bad as people love to complain about. SWGs launch was horrendous in comparison.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I'm glad others are seeing the truth about TOR. The game was not ready for release. Not because they needed more time to polish what they had, but because major elements of the game needed to be overhauled or redesigned before the game even considered a launch.

Crafting and itemization are a horrible mess and so is the economy as a result. The three warfronts and the lack of level Tiers there are a joke. I know they have some Warhammer Online devs working on TOR. Battlegrounds were one of the few things WAR did right, should have tapped those resources and come up with something much better.

The first few Flashpoints are good, then they decline in quality very quickly, signaling that they were taked on with out enough development time to bring them up to par with the first few.

The UI is horrible and made worse by the total lack of customization.

The list goes on and on.

The Voice Over Story lines are pretty excellent. Another year to bring the actual MMORPG part of the game up to par and this could have been a $Billion+ revenue maker over time, instead EA blew it by rushing it to market well before it was ready. Some EA suit will probably get a nice quarterly bonus based on the box revenue, when they should have been fired for sacrificing long term sustainable revenue for a quick revenue fix.

Nerfing the few crafting professions that work, rather than fixing the ones that don't, just highlights the problems they are trying to sweep under the rug.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by sigurd57 It is a fair priority, and it's not just a mechanic for HIGH END players.   Basically, the game as it sits today has the most worthless crafting ever.. UNLESS.. You're Biochem. So basically what's happening, rather than improving the usefulness of other crafting professions, lets just go ahead and make them ALL useless.   According to the post, it was becoming something that was preventing people from getting into the raiding...if you didn't have Biochem and couldn't use those purple items, then you were not invited to the raids or to the raiding guilds. It was becoming a requirement and not a choice. Their decision makes perfect sense in that regard. From the actual post: TL;DR: Fancy words for ‘we nerfed BioChem and Cybertech endgame products’ because they were so good that players started considering them mandatory. Your choice of profession is not supposed to be the deciding factor for participation and success in endgame content. We still believe that BioChem and Cybertech are very worthwhile Crew Skills, especially considering the significant fortune players with these professions are able to realize on the GTN... they are however no longer the ‘golden ticket’ into endgame content.

No it does not make perfect sense!Instead of nerfing the items into oblivion, they could have made them BoE and non-reusable, so crafters can actually sell what they craft and everyone being able to use them!Now nothing basically changes, as they still give an extra advantage over someone who doesn't have Biochem! Unless they nerfed it TOTALLY into oblvion, so that this crafting profession now becomes totally useless at max level too, like all the other crafting professions.  

The idea is that everyone picks a crafting profession because they like it, not because it makes them viable at end game or because it's the profession that makes them the most money. Crafting professions are a money sink, with individual benefits. With that being the case, it makes perfect sense to level things between crafting professions.

Keep rereading till you get it.

These nerfs accomplish absolutely NOTHING at the bottomline! NOTHING!

The only thing they achieved is pissing off a great portion of their playerbase, just like with the HighRes texture debacle. Nothing more.

Biochem and (in some way) Biotech were the only two professions that still had any value having at level50.

Instead of fixing it the proper way, like me and many others already suggested, they use a Sledgehammer to basically try ruining these two professions as well.

Bioware seems to be in a Total Panic mode (ever since the end of beta) and lost total control over the game!

The only thing they have been doing since end of beta is using the Sledgehammer and Band aids!

And for what? For the ONE PART of the game that is an absolute mess already? Namely PVP!

Most of the PVP'ers are already done with this game and will be gone either this month (or next month tops!)

So instead of salvaging what can be salvaged.... namely try keeping the PVE people happy and have at least them subscribe and stick to the game.... they gonna piss them off too now??

What a joke...... /sigh

Originally posted by sigurd57 It is a fair priority, and it's not just a mechanic for HIGH END players.   Basically, the game as it sits today has the most worthless crafting ever.. UNLESS.. You're Biochem. So basically what's happening, rather than improving the usefulness of other crafting professions, lets just go ahead and make them ALL useless.   According to the post, it was becoming something that was preventing people from getting into the raiding...if you didn't have Biochem and couldn't use those purple items, then you were not invited to the raids or to the raiding guilds. It was becoming a requirement and not a choice. Their decision makes perfect sense in that regard. From the actual post: TL;DR: Fancy words for ‘we nerfed BioChem and Cybertech endgame products’ because they were so good that players started considering them mandatory. Your choice of profession is not supposed to be the deciding factor for participation and success in endgame content. We still believe that BioChem and Cybertech are very worthwhile Crew Skills, especially considering the significant fortune players with these professions are able to realize on the GTN... they are however no longer the ‘golden ticket’ into endgame content.

Keep rereading till you get it.

These nerfs accomplish absolutely NOTHING at the bottomline! NOTHING!
    The only thing they achieved is pissing off a great portion of their playerbase, just like with the HighRes texture debacle. Nothing more.

Biochem and (in some way) Biotech were the only two professions that still had any value having at level50.

Instead of fixing it the proper way, like me and many others already suggested, they use a Sledgehammer to basically try ruining these two professions as well.

Bioware seems to be in a Total Panic mode (ever since the end of beta) and lost total control over the game!

The only thing they have been doing since end of beta is using the Sledgehammer and Band aids!

And for what? For the ONE PART of the game that is an absolute mess already? Namely PVP!

Most of the PVP'ers are already done with this game and will be gone either this month (or next month tops!)

So instead of salvaging what can be salvaged.... namely try keeping the PVE people happy and have at least them subscribe and stick to the game.... they gonna piss them off too now??

What a joke...... /sigh

This is what happens when you have a bunch of armchair designers and armchair futurists. Namely, a few people screaming that the entire game is ruined because of a small change to one small part of the game. They confuse "things that I want" with "things that are good for the game".

The changes people are asking for would not change any of the balance issues...they would just turn the Biochem products into required baseline items instead of an optional bonus for the people who leveled Biochem. The issue of Biochem being 'too good' would not be fixed.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

This is what happens when you have a bunch of armchair designers and armchair futurists. Namely, a few people screaming that the entire game is ruined because of a small change to one small part of the game. They confuse "things that I want" with "things that are good for the game".

The changes people are asking for would not change any of the balance issues...they would just turn the Biochem products into required baseline items instead of an optional bonus for the people who leveled Biochem. The issue of Biochem being 'too good' would not be fixed.

I guess you haven't played MMO's for too long to understand that no matter what the size of the bonus is, it is an advantage that quickly turns into a requirement no matter what, when you can't get that advantage through other means!

So with what they tried to achieve with the Sledgehammer will only work when they make the bonuses the same to what can be gotten via vendors, which would render Biochem useless to have at 50 as well as the rest of the professions.

Crafting in MMORPG's is about Community! You craft stuff that is not only usable by yourself, but also what you can trade/sell/give away to other people on your server!

The moment you start making items, like these reusable Medpacks that give a bonus higher than anything else in the game and make them BoA, you are in for trouble! Which is what exactly is happening and will continue to happen!

It's a stupid stupid design decision, clearly showing Bioware's inexperience with Multiplayer games, especially MMORPG's.

I am not interested in either of these two professions, as I like armor crafting more (have both synthweaving and armormech on two chars), which are sadly useless at level50. But I do understand why people are angry, as these nerfs accomplish absolutely nothing, but pissing off people who invested heavily in leveling up their profession.

I guess you haven't played MMO's for too long to understand that no matter what the size of the bonus is, it is an advantage that quickly turns into a requirement no matter what, when you can't get that advantage through other means!
    So with what they tried to achieve with the Sledgehammer will only work when they make the bonuses the same to what can be gotten via vendors, which would render Biochem useless to have at 50 as well as the rest of the professions.
    Crafting in MMORPG's is about Community! You craft stuff that is not only usable by yourself, but also what you can trade/sell/give away to other people on your server!
    The moment you start making items, like these reusable Medpacks that give a bonus higher than anything else in the game and make them BoA, you are in for trouble! Which is what exactly is happening and will continue to happen!
    It's a stupid stupid design decision, clearly showing Bioware's inexperience with Multiplayer games, especially MMORPG's.
    I am not interested in either of these two professions, as I like armor crafting more (have both synthweaving and armormech on two chars), which are sadly useless at level50. But I do understand why people are angry, as these nerfs accomplish absolutely nothing, but pissing off people who invested heavily in leveling up their profession.

I've played enough MMO's to know that in theme park mmorpg, crafting is a time and money sink, not an end in itself. It's not about community at all. That's the other style of mmorpg.

I've also played mmorpg long enough to recognize Chicken Little Syndrome. The developer makes a change to something that is skewing in game behavior and people start running around like it's the end of the world. A week after the patch goes live it turns out the change is no big deal. In this case the people who wanted to level Biochem will keep the profession, they'll still get a personal bonus like they're supposed to, and the people who didn't level Biochem won't get excluded from high end raids because of their profession choice.

In short, this isn't a big deal at all.

• BrynnBrynn Member Posts: 345

Actually, the posters over- complaining about TOR and waiting for GW2 or Secret World, are the very ones who will be complaining about those games once they are playing them. They should stick to WoW so we don't have to tolerate them.

• GlitchorGlitchor Member UncommonPosts: 16

Cybertech

• Wynz-Tek grenades now require 400 Cybertech for use.

• Wynz-Tek Grenades have had their damage reduced to bring them more in line with grenades of similar level.

• The Wynz-Tek Firestorm grenade’s damage has been reduced to bring it in line with grenades of similar level. It now deals damage every 3 seconds over 12 seconds. 

I don't understand.. why bring them intline with normal granades,  shouldnt something that had  a requirment of something like this, be more effective than somethign you can just get from anywhere?

nothing worth saying =-)

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

I'm glad you guys read a little bit of the massive patch thats coming and then complain that the little tiny part you are aware of isn't enough.

Good, cus this isn't the only thing on the patch by any means, so you are complaining and crying for no reason at all.

Yay for everyone being too lazy to google or ask questions, everything has to be spoon fed by someone going "Here comes the airplane!"

Disgusting.

• HurricanePipHurricanePip Member Posts: 167

Originally posted by sigurd57

It is a fair priority, and it's not just a mechanic for HIGH END players.

Basically, the game as it sits today has the most worthless crafting ever.. UNLESS.. You're Biochem.

So basically what's happening, rather than improving the usefulness of other crafting professions, lets just go ahead and make them ALL useless.

Rift crafting 2.0?

If you don't worry about it, it's not a problem.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Tbh, I dont even know what that IS they mention here. ^^()

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• DaddyDarkDaddyDark Member Posts: 138

the unlimited usable items are nerfed, so that people will pick up useless professions which make crappy  armor and weapons