Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A fair summation of MO

13»

Comments

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

Originally posted by drakes821

He has just as much right to come here as any of us and help defend the game.

As they say: Good games don't need defending. Obviously he's here to defend MO, so what does that say?

• drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

Originally posted by kakasaki

Because he is acting like an unprofessional twit. And why should he be afraid? It is just a forum, how can you be afraid of words? The bias is not the problem, the constant baiting and put-downs is. He has a right but he is not one of us. He is a compensated agent of a developer thus he should be acting like any paid professional should and not like a twit.

I didn't mean literally affraid, I just ment that he's going to a pretty hostile site (yes, MMORPG.com is full of disgrunteld trolls who all know how to make a perfect MMO) where he has no controll over what people do or don't say and participated in the discussions.

And if you can't handle being put down on game forums then you don't have to read them. Just because he works for the developer doesn't mean he can't defend the game or put you down. He has just as much rights on these forums as you do whether you like it or not. If that bothers you I'm sure you can find a corner to cry in ;).

Originally posted by Rawiz

As they say: Good games don't need defending. Obviously he's here to defend MO, so what does that say?

First off the defending part was my words not the GM's, so thats unfair to say. As for his presence here it tells me that he beleives in the game and doesn't mind communicating directly with players/potential players.

I'm just getting really fed up with this site and MMO communites as a whole...ALL a lot you people do is b*tch about games you don't play and hype games that aren't out, only to find out the hyped games aren't what you thought they were and then you repeat the cycle. You can't even have a discussion about a game here anymore it just turns into a troll war and arguing.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Because he is acting like an unprofessional twit. And why should he be afraid? It is just a forum, how can you be afraid of words? The bias is not the problem, the constant baiting and put-downs is. He has a right but he is not one of us. He is a compensated agent of a developer thus he should be acting like any paid professional should and not like a twit.

I didn't mean literally affraid, I just ment that he's going to a pretty hostile site (yes, MMORPG.com is full of disgrunteld trolls who all know how to make a perfect MMO) where he has no controll over what people do or don't say and participated in the discussions.

And if you can't handle being put down on game forums then you don't have to read them. Just because he works for the developer doesn't mean he can't defend the game or put you down. He has just as much rights on these forums as you do whether you like it or not. If that bothers you I'm sure you can find a corner to cry in ;).

Originally posted by Rawiz

First off the defending part was my words not the GM's, so thats unfair to say. As for his presence here it tells me that he beleives in the game and doesn't mind communicating directly with players/potential players.

I'm just getting really fed up with this site and MMO communites as a whole...ALL a lot you people do is b*tch about games you don't play and hype games that aren't out, only to find out the hyped games aren't what you thought they were and then you repeat the cycle. You can't even have a discussion about a game here anymore it just turns into a troll war and arguing.

1. I have no problem with the game (well apart from not liking it). I have a problem with the company and its representative on this site.

2. Not arguing he has a right to be on here. But there is such a thing as professionalism. He is on this site as a representative of a company that provides a service. As such, there are certain standards one should adhere to. If you don't understand that, I am sorry for you. 

3. That is his job. He was asked to do so by his "boss". It just tells us he can do his job, nothing else.

4. If you are so fed up with this site and MMO communities as a whole, maybe you should stay away and find a corner to cry in yourself. I'll save you a spot. image

5. Well you seem to be doing well in the trolling and arguing department so I guess you fit right in here with  the rest of us misfits! image

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Also whats up with all the personal attacks on GM Theia? I think it's awesome a GM visits these boards and isn't affraid of being confronted by the hoards of unhappy people. Sure he's a bit biased but aren't we all? He has just as much right to come here as any of us and help defend the game.

It could have something to do with him coming here trying to mod the MMORPG forums like he does over at the MOFO. You know, telling people to be more positive, to "can the doomsaying", etc. He didn't come here for objective discussion, he came here to hype. When he found out people here won't buy into empty catchphrases and PR peptalk, he gets defensive and cries about bias and negativity.

Also, I think it's offensive that a paid employee of a company actively trolls a 3d party forum under his official username. It just screams of amateurism that a company pays people to do that.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by Biskop

Also whats up with all the personal attacks on GM Theia? I think it's awesome a GM visits these boards and isn't affraid of being confronted by the hoards of unhappy people. Sure he's a bit biased but aren't we all? He has just as much right to come here as any of us and help defend the game.

It could have something to do with him coming here trying to mod the MMORPG forums like he does over at the MOFO. You know, telling people to be more positive, to "can the doomsaying", etc. He didn't come here for objective discussion, he came here to hype. When he found out people here won't buy into empty catchphrases and PR peptalk, he gets defensive and cries about bias and negativity.

Also, I think it's offensive that a paid employee of a company actively trolls a 3d party forum under his official username. It just screams of amateurism that a company pays people to do that.

Before someone else jumps the chance to point this out, I am pretty sure Mods/GMs of MO are not paid but are volunteers. That does not mean he should act any less professional however.

• ArawniteArawnite Member Posts: 163

It's sad that the two best attempts (DF and MO) at creating a fantasy pvp sandbox were completed by companies that have shown to be lacking in both integrity and ability. They do more to damage the overall perception of this niche game type than improve it, and I wish they would just shut down and stay out of game design.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by Toferio

Before someone else jumps the chance to point this out, I am pretty sure Mods/GMs of MO are not paid but are volunteers. That does not mean he should act any less professional however.

True hence why I stay away from the word "paid". However, I assume there is some sort of compensation involved (free game time and the like). Regardless, he is acting in an official capacity as a mouthpiece for a company. 

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927

True hence why I stay away from the word "paid". However, I assume there is some sort of compensation involved (free game time and the like). Regardless, he is acting in an official capacity as a mouthpiece for a company. 

Theia is not a volunteer but an actual SV employee.  At least that is what he said in his earlier posts.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Theia is not a volunteer but an actual SV employee.  At least that is what he said in his earlier posts.

Lol, really? That puts lots of his actions in a whole different light then in my eyes.. lacking professionalism indeed.

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150

Your "metaphorical euphemism" makes no sense (this coming from a native english speaker whos a college English Major). And making fun of foreign person because they don't undertand your incorrect "metaphorical euphemism" is pathetic.

I was using words that represented "shit", which I did not want to particularly use and risk getting my post moderated and have some of the meaning lost in moderation. Not going to hold that against you for not figuring out, but what reeks of hubris in your post is you claiming to be "a college English Major" over the internet on some random game forum. This is the internet son, the land of exaggerated dreams and where even a bum can claim to be a millionaire. So you coming here and putting down your "English Major" badge on the table while committing spelling mistakes in the very post you claim to be such is what is truly pathetic. Its hordes not hoards. What should I say here...'Remove the log in your own eye then you will be see clearly enough to remove the speck in your brothers'?

Besides, this Theia guy has claimed to be the person who translates a "foreign person's" (Mr CEO) 'Engrish' to passable English. So when a British native, who works (probably even gets paid to do so) on translating garbled english into something that is used for official statements feigns ignorance on simple puns and slang then Im pretty sure he doesnt need random Forum Major to come out and put down the law regarding "foreign" relations and etiquette. Most likely he picked that single line, amidst a plethora of more serious issues he ignored, in hopes of trolling me to reply with a statement that would be [mod edit] worthy, but I guess that fact was too hard for you to understand as well.

@deathshroud:I used to think you were one of the more level headed pro-SV posters on these forums, but Im starting to question that logic. You have gotten so used to the hardships SV has put you through that you seem to have grown an immunity to any BS hurled at you by SV, not to mention your memory has mercifully taken a turn for the best where you are forgetting the time period or magnitude of issues MO has had.

Now if I tell you that the "beta-disks" were called so because SV said that ONLY the people who preorder the disks would get into the game beta. Or the fact that when you loaded the CD all it did was point you to a site, pretty much like an adware, where you then had to download the entire game, patch and all, down from an external source even though you had a 90euro CD at hand. Or the fact that when the game was released, the option to unregister from paying a sub was removed on the SV site so people WERE billed whether they liked it or not for the 1st month and only way to get your money back was a chargeback with your CC. Im sure you will reason with how all these problems were not caused by SV, maybe it was somehow the players fault to begin with, but all your reasoning doesnt change the actual facts one bit.

The irony is I had forgotten all about the missing message boards that were to be included in the dawn 'patch' but you yourself brought that up in another post while simultaneously claiming that SV delivered all features "promised" uptil date. This is why you need to reread the quoted poster in the OP since the only reason why MO is running is because of such dedicated fans and fanboys.

Originally posted by RainBringer

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

Also I do play the game. I have played off and on since the beta.

{mod edit}

Originally posted by MordragMO

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

But it's whatever, I'm done responding to this as I feel these post (mine included) have nothing to do with Mortal Online and are getting off topic.

I personally don't agree with the MO Forum post that refers to the game as a "support state". I play MO because I think it's a solid game...it has problems no doubt but I think that the developers are at least taking the game in the right direction and I'm having fun with it. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder so if others do view it as "support state" material I would understand.

A year or so I would have totally agreed, for a long time I didn't think the game was worth the subscription, but they changes SV have made are making the game better IMO.

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

That explains much. So you after all arent a random Joe who drops by random game forums just to bait other posters, but a fan (or fanboy) who has come down to defend the game, gotcha. Dint get the chance to read the rest of your post before it got edited, but I would consider myself lucky for not biting onto more of your flamebaits.

A year or so I would have totally agreed, for a long time I didn't think the game was worth the subscription, but they changes SV have made are making the game better IMO.

I beg to differ. What you may call better is what I call adding in core features years after release. In its current state I dont think this game is worth the box price, leave alone a sub. Every patch AKA "free xpac" till date has been one massive failure after another. While the poster in the OP considers this game to be in support state, I consider this game to be in a far, Far worse state that is being supported by a handful of players. The only xpac patch, ever, that did not break more features than what it added was the TC patch but not because it actually added a complete feature but because it did not break the game in the process. That says a lot for any MMO oout there which charges AAA prices.

When they have actually added what they have promised in the upcoming patch, then come back here and express any joy you find in playing this game and people might agree with your POV. But as of now its only smoke, mirrors and a whole lot of snake oil that this guy Henrick has been peddling to his playerbase right from this game's inception. History as my witness, SV have always been promising the world but havent even been able to provide a sandbox to play in. 

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

i have had more fun with mo and it has kept me playing longer than any previous mmo i have played. Im not saying its better made than them all but it does certainly have an audience who can enjoy the game whilst overlooking the bugs because it provides the sort of mmo they are after and at the same time they have fun playing it. I see no harm in that and i see no reason why people cant play MO and enjoy it.

I do not think MO is in a support state at all. I do think its needs alot more content since your really looking at only a solid 6 mnoths worth of gameplay out of MO before your starting to look at other games if you like it. But i have had an active sub since release until now i had an eve sub but i dropped that and jsut stuck with the mo one.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

Old 16th January 2012, 03:14

#1 (permalink)

default Returning Player looking for PK Guild

So I played in beta and about a week after launch but quit because the game was too buggy. With all the changes to the game I feel it's headed in the right direction and I ready to start playing it again.

I'm looking for a PvP PK guild that likes killing other players and having fun (and fair if possible) PvP fights. I don't mind taking orders and helping out the guild, but I don't want to have to farm mats for a month to "prove" myself if you get what I'm saying.

I also am located in the US and prefer if you have some type of voice communications to use.

As for my PvP skills they were good, but so much has changed in the game it may take me some fights to get back up to speed. I've been playing a lot of Darkfall and Mount and Blade so hopefully that helped keep my skills up somewhat.

Anyways feel free to PM me or post here if you have any offers/suggestions.

I guess you can call on and off beta and a week after beta and just now returning.

• darkcircuitdarkcircuit Member Posts: 211

Originally posted by darthturtle1

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

#1 (permalink)

So I played in beta and about a week after launch but quit because the game was too buggy. With all the changes to the game I feel it's headed in the right direction and I ready to start playing it again.

I'm looking for a PvP PK guild that likes killing other players and having fun (and fair if possible) PvP fights. I don't mind taking orders and helping out the guild, but I don't want to have to farm mats for a month to "prove" myself if you get what I'm saying.

I also am located in the US and prefer if you have some type of voice communications to use.

As for my PvP skills they were good, but so much has changed in the game it may take me some fights to get back up to speed. I've been playing a lot of Darkfall and Mount and Blade so hopefully that helped keep my skills up somewhat.

I guess you can call on and off beta and a week after beta and just now returning.

pwned!

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

#1 (permalink)

I have played off and on. I've come back for two 1-2 month periods since the beta...just didn't feel the need to post that in that LFG post as I've made new character each time so no one would remeber me.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Originally posted by GMTheia

a piece of turd to that which is a fudgie?

....?

Oh Im sorry, I never would have guessed that you being Henrick's Swedish to English translation spellchecker would have to endure the trouble of not understanding a bit of mild metaphorical euphemism.

If you want a more precise explanation of the quoted text then I meant to say:

Comparing dismal numbers from one failing game to abysal ones from another in the genre of games that is called MMORPGs, where they very first M stands for MASSIVE, is a very Very poorly thought out defence.

I hope you get it now Starvault's GM Theia. If not then I can use google translate to convert it into broken swedish and have Henrick translate it into english jargon which you can then spellcheck and get the basic gist of, but I pray that we wont have to resort to such desperate measures.

Your "metaphorical euphemism" makes no sense (this coming from a native english speaker whos a college English Major). And making fun of foreign person because they don't undertand your incorrect "metaphorical euphemism" is pathetic.

Hahaha, k

On a related note, if Theia wasn't posting like a living advertisement to threads on this board, he might get better treatment.

• steelfrenzysteelfrenzy Member Posts: 147

You have all the right in the world to defend something that you enjoy.

Fact is, though, that Mortal Online is built upon lies and deceit. There are so many issues, and there's really no reason to state them all when many of the faults are constantly stated in these forums. Their player-base has been dwindling for ages now, and it will only continue to do so. In my opinion, that alone says more than words ever could.

Also, lying about how many players were present during the event is what I would come to expect from someone who chooses to represent Mortal Online. If you'd rather blame it on misinformation, or whatever else, it stands to reason that you're as inept as the company you're representing.

• darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

#1 (permalink)

I have played off and on. I've come back for two 1-2 month periods since the beta...just didn't feel the need to post that in that LFG post as I've made new character each time so no one would remeber me.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Crappy? *russian voice*

He who keeps his cool best wins.