Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A fair summation of MO

darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

Unread Today, 13:22

#7 (permalink)

I see MO in the "support-state". When you buy the game or a subscription you dont do it to play a solid game but to support the game cause there is no alternative. Which is very lucky for the devs. sadly i have no money at all .. I'm broke. So if you come back then just dont expect anything!

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cylox View Post

I see MO in the "support-state". When you buy the game or a subscription you dont do it to play a solid game but to support the game cause there is no alternative. Which is very lucky for the devs. sadly i have no money at all .. I'm broke. So if you come back then just dont expect anything!

pretty good advice 

<[GM]Discord> And in the country of sweden it takes time to put things in action [....]

Quote:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/70622-possible-return.html

I agree with this.  It is an unfinished game and if you have faith keep paying for it, it may one day get there.  Too bad I do not believe in charity for people who already have money.

Comments

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

You know, I actually just read this on the mo-forums 5 minutes ago, but I had already forgotten every single word and would never have opened that thread again, so thank god you're reposting everything here!

Thank you darthturtle1 for having such awesome copy/paste skills, i don't know what i'd do without you here to make sure I don't only have to read posts on one forum!

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by Gwahlur

You know, I actually just read this on the mo-forums 5 minutes ago, but I had already forgotten every single word and would never have opened that thread again, so thank god you're reposting everything here!

Thank you darthturtle1 for having such awesome copy/paste skills, i don't know what i'd do without you here to make sure I don't only have to read posts on one forum!

Ahhhhh, you overloaded the sarcasm detector! 

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

Originally posted by kakasaki

Ahhhhh, you overloaded the sarcasm detector! 

Hehe ;)

• darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

• dpollackdpollack Member Posts: 15

Support state? Are you serious? Game has been "released" since june of 2010.

$14.25 per month for what they are putting out is not reasonable. I remember it costing MORE then many other MMOs per month with VATS or whatever.

If you want to support them, then go right ahead (saying If i had the money I would, is useless). Personally I played my 1.5 month and shelved the game as a complete loss. No way they were gonna ask me for that much for their game... If they wanted to run their unfinished product on public support, should have been a much reduced subscription fee as subscribers were both dealing with all the awful bugs / hacks / missing features AND being the beta testers live. As features become complete you may increase the subscription fee. Keeping Mortal Online on welfare as it shovels out crap seems retarded.

Personally, if you are STILL subscribed since lauch you must be exteremely passonate (or mislead?) by indy projects, rich, or just to plain stupid to read the writing on the wall with this game.

From my understanding, pretty much even the most die hard guilds of MO have quit. Anyone newbies wandering into the wasteland that is MO is probably all deery eyed wondering why no one is playing this game.

• GMTheiaGMTheia Member Posts: 204

[Mod Edit]

When MO takes off as it will.  I *promise* I'll be here, with bells on.  And I'm saving up some lovely ones like: 

'MO defies the out of business doomsayers' 

'MO population is thru the roof' 

'Seems like we've been sold a load of b**** about MO - it's actually awesome!

'New GUI Rocks' 

'Better AI than I though possible in a MMO'

'Henrik basks in the adulation of Sandboxers' 

'GM Theia was right all along' 

heheheh

mmorpg.com is a great forum, with actually some very kind and helpful Mods and genuine heartfelt constructive feedback that we listen to.

I am not for a nanosecond saying that there aren't totally legitimate complaints about MO over here, there are, they are genuine and I've been working hard on vet rewards and other things to try and address some of the damage done int he past, but, seriously, please. 

We just ran the Mortal Pulse (45 BPM, like a marathon runner) - which was a lot of fun and I think the Community enjoyed it too. 

enjoy the announcment tomorrow /  next working day or so.

GMTheia

Originally posted by GMTheia

[Mod Edit]

When MO takes off as it will.  I *promise* I'll be here, with bells on.  And I'm saving up some lovely ones like: 

'New GUI Rocks' 

heheheh

mmorpg.com is a great forum, with actually some very kind and helpful Mods and genuine heartfelt constructive feedback that we listen to.

I am not for a nanosecond saying that there aren't totally legitimate complaints about MO over here, there are, they are genuine and I've been working hard on vet rewards and other things to try and address some of the damage done int he past, but, seriously, please. 

We just ran the Mortal Pulse (45 BPM, like a marathon runner) - which was a lot of fun and I think the Community enjoyed it too. 

Shockingly titled? What the hell are you talking about. Humm let's take a look at a few:

1. A Fair Summantion of MO (shocking?)

2. Town Control... Pointless? (Ok, not positive but hardly shocking. He did use a ?)

3. GMs Planning Discussion with MO Community Next Week: Mortal Pulse (oh no, so shocking!)

4. 07.01.2012. Situation in MO (how dare they! Darn trolls)

5. Is the lore behind MO vaporelore?? (k granted, give you that one)

6. The Outsiders: The First Sighting of the Demons in Mortal Online (yes very negative...)

7. Henrik promises "something big" is coming !!!!!! (shocking, I know!)

So, maybe two that could be called overly negative? So as usual you are exagerating and doing you passive-agressive troll thing. Sad thing is, it shows you lack of professionalism, your immaturity and your constant bating. If you really want to do MO a service, drop the whole GM crap from your title and stop being the official rep for SV in these forums, you are doing the game more harm than good by acting like the very same trolls you decry.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

I'm just guessing a couple things here about the big announcement:

1) They are going to be on Steam   or

2) Its going F2P

-In my opinion in addition to the mob-AI the game needs more fluff. I like pvp in mortal but everything else is focused around it. Thats why you have reds controlling half of Nave and alot of other players becoming uninterested.  Not to mention the need to squash exploitable mechanics.

Gwahlur I expect the same amount of sarcasm next time Theia, Username, or Rohn copy and paste something ok.

@ Thiea as far as the population

default Where did the ZERGS go?

Alright, a lot of people complain about 'Zergs'.

I have myself but I prefer running into groups of 20 people to the dismal shit that has befallen MO again. 

So a huge % of guilds quit? Again? I mean hell I was happy to see RUS again. 

And Seriously, did FEAR just give up on attacking AQ? ES is no longer attacking shit?

Game just died..again.

Welp, back to inactive again. Or to go play some SP games.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

How many people attended this massively multiplayer event?  Was it closer to 10 or 1000?

Edit to add:

Heres some free advice though:  Instead of complaining about posters or vaguely defined items.  How about you just counter with facts?  Not hopes and dreams.  See, when someone says StarVault is having an "Extraordinary Stockholder Meeting" to try and raise cash.. that is a FACT.  When someone points to the financial reports and says they are losing money, again.. and show the exact figures.  That's a FACT.   When someone comes on and says things are going to change at some vague point in the future... well.. that's an opinion or a hope... maybe even a dream.  What it isn't though... is a fact.

Anyhow.. my bet is that Henricks big announcement relates to finding a publisher for Asia or something along those lines.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

How many people attended this massively multiplayer event?  Was it closer to 10 or 1000?

Were you not there?! 

I'd have though it essential to keep up your level of understanding! 

GMTheia

Were you not there?! 

Most adults work during the day and it started at 1PM CST so that would be the middle of the day for most of North and South America.. But since you were there.. please do tell us "Was it closer to 10 or 1000"?

I think we both know the answer to that one

Edit again to add:

According to the forums and the apparent host... it maxed out at 104 attendees.   If you seriously think that 104 people gives a good pulse for an MMO.. well.. lets just say most folks reading this will instantly know the difference.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

[Mod Edit]

'New GUI Rocks' 

heheheh

Shockingly titled? What the hell are you talking about. Humm let's take a look at a few:

2. Town Control... Pointless? (Ok, not positive but hardly shocking. He did use a ?)

3. GMs Planning Discussion with MO Community Next Week: Mortal Pulse (oh no, so shocking!)

6. The Outsiders: The First Sighting of the Demons in Mortal Online (yes very negative...)

So, maybe two that could be called overly negative? So as usual you are exagerating and doing you passive-agressive troll thing. Sad thing is, it shows you lack of professionalism, your immaturity and your constant bating. If you really want to do MO a service, drop the whole GM crap from your title and stop being the official rep for SV in these forums, you are doing the game more harm than good by acting like the very same trolls you decry.

A fair summation of MO -- unlikely

Town Control... Pointless?   -- No just early days

Is the lore behind MO vaporelore?? -- No it's real I've seen it! Shame I can't read Swe (heheh) 

an insight of how a few can still think MO is a good game? -- hmm lots of people seem to be having fun...

Latest Drama: Only 1 house/structure per account  -- drama?  Was always in the rules... 

20 people? -- Noooo

Buggy game is buggy -- ok you have me there (lol) 

Long time player uncovers a cover up. -- pfft

Mortal Online - Big Pots - Unfair PVP - Non Competitive mmo. -- Actually they have a point there and we're lookin at that

MO focus group leader using trials -- ?

Seems there is no item tracking. - Oh yes there is 

^^ 

wasn't really trying very hard. 

GMTheia

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

Why does it matter how many people attended?

Did you expect it to be like a swtor or rift event? 

Were you not there?! 

Most adults work during the day and it started at 1PM CST so that would be the middle of the day for most of North and South America.. But since you were there.. please do tell us "Was it closer to 10 or 1000"?

The TS was community run and maxed at 200 - still in all fairness, it was intimate contact that most MMO folk dont get with a dev / in-game support team! 

GMTheia

Were you not there?! 

The TS was community run and maxed at 200 - still in all fairness, it was intimate contact that most MMO folk dont get with a dev / in-game support team! 

Really?   Well the person who runs the server and who you personally thanked for letting you use it left this post:

Unread Today, 23:04

Thanks everyone for attending I hope you enjoyed it. had 104 people on. Hope theres more to come. I'm thinking about starting some more Community jobs. As in Podcasts/a wiki that blows up quick and always stays true/etc etc.

[LoD] Zagar

So again.. who is telling the TRUTH? And who is wildly making things up and spreading falsehoods?  Seems like someone is caught in a blatant untruth.

Were you not there?! 

Exagerate much??  This was taken from the person who owns the teamspeak server..

Thanks everyone for attending I hope you enjoyed it. had 104 people on. Hope theres more to come. I'm thinking about starting some more Community jobs. As in Podcasts/a wiki that blows up quick and always stays true/etc etc.

[LoD] Zagar

[Mod Edit]

'New GUI Rocks' 

heheheh

A fair summation of MO -- unlikely

Town Control... Pointless?   -- No just early days

Is the lore behind MO vaporelore?? -- No it's real I've seen it! Shame I can't read Swe (heheh) 

an insight of how a few can still think MO is a good game? -- hmm lots of people seem to be having fun...

Latest Drama: Only 1 house/structure per account  -- drama?  Was always in the rules... 

20 people? -- Noooo

Buggy game is buggy -- ok you have me there (lol) 

Long time player uncovers a cover up. -- pfft

Mortal Online - Big Pots - Unfair PVP - Non Competitive mmo. -- Actually they have a point there and we're lookin at that

MO focus group leader using trials -- ?

Seems there is no item tracking. - Oh yes there is 

^^ 

wasn't really trying very hard. 

Obviously were since you went beyond the 1st page but whatever.  Also seem to miss the point: Titles threads like "A fair summation of MO" aren't shocking as you claim. The content of the thread may not be to your liking but the title is not overtly hostile or negative. Also, if you want to play this game, I can go page by page and quote you all the overly positive titles and see what we can come up with.

But hey, thanks for proving my point about professionalism and maturity! image

P.S. Nice quick edit. What, the leet speak was even a bit to much for you?

Originally posted by darthturtle1

Were you not there?! 

Exagerate much??  This was taken from the person who owns the teamspeak server..

[LoD] Zagar

okie Ithought he said it maxed at 200 np tho 

GMTheia

• wabben77wabben77 Member Posts: 47

who cares if it's off by 90 people, I hope mortal turns into a great game someday, been dying for a good sandbox that isn't in space :) be strong theia heh.

Originally posted by wabben77

who cares if it's off by 90 people, I hope mortal turns into a great game someday, been dying for a good sandbox that isn't in space :) be strong theia heh.

Trying! And thanks! But losing objectivity (if I ever had any) so time for another little break - back tomorrow!! 

GMTheia

Trying! And thanks! But losing objectivity (if I ever had any) so time for another little break - back tomorrow!! 

I totally agree with you for once.  About the if you ever had any objectivity..

The point was that the GM gave the number as evidence that the game's "Pulse" was strong.  Instead.. it turns out that he DOUBLED the numbers in his exageration which ironicly is in the same thread where he complains that people exagerate bad things about the game.

Some things never seem to change.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Hate to spoil it for you, but even for some unlikely reason SV manages to bring MO to playable state, it's population will never be "hru the roof", FFA PvP together will full loot and FpV is a very niche combo despite what many oldschool UO players may think.

Again, irrelevant of what MO may become in future, the current state of it (or past state by then) won't change, it is in relatively poor contition.

Originally posted by darthturtle1

I totally agree with you for once.  About the if you ever had any objectivity..

See! Miracles can happen!! I feel we've made a breakthrough Mr.Turtle! 

GMTheia