Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could a Dungeon Crawler be open world?

As i sit here learning Programming, 3d Max, and game engines, reading over Top 10 and MMORPG.com and watching old

youtube videos of games i grew up on I start to wonder, allot actually but I will keep threads very specific.

I guess I'll start with the question"Could a Dungeon Crawler be open world?"

Maybe my mind goes back to the days of Diablo on the Playstation1, wondering what everything would look like first person, opening doors and hearing "Fresh Meat" as I annoy the butcher for the 10th time that day. I wonder, If we all spawned in the same room that could branch off leading to many routes and situations, pathing into sky temples and underwater labyrinth's,maybe some "Safe Rooms" or "Neutral Zones" along the way in this twisting and turning track of random exploration.

If still given the possiblity to go alone or with friends, maybe setup traps or claim passage for you and yours. Well...Hmmm...I sit and question.

Comments

• grratchgrratch Member Posts: 49

It was called everquest

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by grratch

It was called everquest

I was thinking the same thing. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• McDougles1McDougles1 Member Posts: 35

Isn't that the biggest oxymoron, open world dungeon crawler?

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

Yes, look at Trengal Keep in Vanguard.