Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 - Mass info for the uninitiated

1234568»

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

So reading through, its the same MMo we have been playing with a slightly different look? XD

If its different, its something people can easily see. If you have to tell people that it is different and explain it, chances are its not as 'different' as you try to claim.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Wow amazing post actually and that stuff looks great on paper, but I was pretty much done a month after I hit the level cap.  All the things they set out to change, I wanted back.  So back I went to a game that offered more, what you call the gear treadmill I call sense of achievement somthing thats laciking in GW2.

Oh and your still on a treadmill in GW2 there is just nothing gained from runnign on it, unless you consider new dinner attire and tops hats worth treading for.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by snapfusion

Wow amazing post actually and that stuff looks great on paper, but I was pretty much done a month after I hit the level cap.  All the things they set out to change, I wanted back.  So back I went to a game that offered more, what you call the gear treadmill I call sense of achievement somthing thats laciking in GW2.

Oh and your still on a treadmill in GW2 there is just nothing gained from runnign on it, unless you consider new dinner attire and tops hats worth treading for.

Fans of valve do... or, y'know, they enjoy playing their game

How'd this pre release relic even get brought back up? It's kinda irrelevant I'd say now since there's more mainstream venues for consolidated information on the game. image

Still though, looking through this, there's very very few things in that list that are inconsistent with the content at launch, which is why I'm confused why so many people think that they were lied to or led to believe the game was something it wasn't. 

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Just loaded up the game for the free weekend.  I thought that there were no defined class roles?  To me that meant either skill based or multi-classing but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I am a ranger right now.  Is it just that I get abilities that let me do other things or is there multi-classing?
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by VengeSunsoar
    Just loaded up the game for the free weekend.  I thought that there were no defined class roles?  To me that meant either skill based or multi-classing but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I am a ranger right now.  Is it just that I get abilities that let me do other things or is there multi-classing?

There is no multi-classing like in GW1.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by VengeSunsoar

There's no multi-classing, but every class can fulfill a variety of roles (support, damage, survivability, control), they just do it in different ways.

i.e. as a ranger you can try and go for pure direct damage (longbow/greatsword), you can try to go conditions heavy (shortbow/axe+torch & traps). You can support w/ spirits / healing spring. However, regardless of what traits / role you pick the class revolves around using a pet, and sustained attacks.

Other classes function differently, and have their own unique ways of handling those same roles.

- Just a heads up, though, Ranger is one of the weakest classes atm (balance wise). It's still playable, but it's one of the most limited compared to other classes. A large part of this is due to their minor traits being significantly better than most of their major ones, making them highly dependant on their weapon & pet choices for build composition.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Thanks for the info.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • spikenogspikenog Member Posts: 283
    Great article, thanks for this!
  • polacalvitopolacalvito Member UncommonPosts: 3
    This game is a quest+quest+quest game until you reach max lvl...
    When you want to start some WvW fun is all about Zerg vs Zerg .. server with more numbers wins... most of the times you get the ridiculous outnumbered buff (useless in PvP).. i don't know why this game is so hyped.. 
  • loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    This game is a quest+quest+quest game until you reach max lvl...
    When you want to start some WvW fun is all about Zerg vs Zerg .. server with more numbers wins... most of the times you get the ridiculous outnumbered buff (useless in PvP).. i don't know why this game is so hyped.. 
    better avoid this last comment is out of place...

but it wouldd be nice the OP to be adjusted for the f2p accounts and the changes in HoT ..!

• trevor_winterbanetrevor_winterbane Member CommonPosts: 1

Originally posted by thekid1

I assume she was a bit overselling the point and she was actually referring to dynamic events?

So the changes made in the world are not permanent but only a few weeks or months.

It means the changes are permanent, until someone comes along and does something about it. The bridge used in the example can be blown up by monsters. Unless players come along and rebuild the bridge, it will stay down. And it will be down for everyone in that server. Events don't reset by default. Players have to actually push them back into the previous state

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I know some people like necro in this game, but this is going too far...
  • LPC_SparcLPC_Sparc Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Great post @Chelmo !

I think everyone needs to try this game! It seems no matter what happens I always keep coming back to/playing this game! There have been things that have made me mad in/about it (hey, nothing is perfect), but no matter what; it is STILL the BEST MMORPG out there "to date"! I certainly recommend people check out this game if they haven't already!