Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: The 2011 Players' Choice Awards

Comments

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Originally posted by Deliambermad

wth is WoW doing here???

The secret world? does anyone still believe in funcom??

What are you talking about. They gave launchdate for TSW to April 2012 over 5 months ago and the game is most decisively on track. How many other developers give their audience that amount of commitment that early.

I have not tested the game but have seen vids from other. And even me, being mostly interested in fantasy only think this game looks very clever and interesting. Keep an eye open for this game.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• TrelTrel Member Posts: 1

I liked most of the options on the poles except for Innovative's choice of WoW and the entire Rising star category. What exactly is a "Rising Star" in the mmo industry. Sounds like just another category for people to vote for the "Most Anticipated" mmo of 2011. That and WoW was never innovative, unless you considering taking everything available in the original market of its launch and lumping it into 1 solid mmo. 2011 did not bring any innovative feature for WoW either.

I also love the fact that EVE is winning for Game of the Year. As a long time EVE player I can say that had this pole gone up when the whole monaclegate thing was going down, EVE wouldnt even be competing for this. But now that CCP has dedicated so much work and effort into revamping everything about EVE, the game is hands down the most improved MMO of 2011, and still my favorite even though I am also playing Swtor and played RIFT as well.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Eve is winning game of the year, but CCP tries to milk the playerbase in monacle gate and half of them leave for Perpetuum. Now all is forgiven lol

Only wish the people who played Themeparks were that loyal.

Originally posted by Blackjak03

im sorry but rift does not deserve game of the year :/ just another version of WoW but with better graphics 

For such a clone please tell every damn body to stop attacking it and also asking for other devs to copy them. I sure as hell know TOR fans can not stop comparing TOR launch with Rift launch.

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

Can vote with chrome.

• EvgireonEvgireon Member Posts: 71

I've been playing EVE since 2008, but because CCP dropped the ball I voted for Rift even though I've never played it hahahaha.

• Poster07Poster07 Member Posts: 5

Voted for Rift as game of the year, but I dont mind at all if EVE will won, even if I played EVE only as trial and its not exactly for my taste. But I have to admit, EVE is different and pretty much a sandbox game. When people vote, they should think with their brain and not only vote following their instincts nor emotions.

Regarding Rift, the game maybe need more content and lore, but for sure it has the best and most inovative dev team in today's mmo industry. Even if I want to see them winning the award, I hope they will not get a very popular status as that will ruin the game and the great community they have now, see swtor and how they got invaded and raped by the WoW comunity. WoW should win the award for the worst and most agressive community ever in a mmo.

• DemenshaDemensha Member UncommonPosts: 76

Surprise!! Surprise!! No " none of the above " vote option like last year. Shame on you MMORPG.fail

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

mmmh bad year is bad :)

There must be an option for "The whole genre is going to s***".

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

WoW is innovative - in the wrong way - Panda monks!   LOL

• kattehuskattehus Member UncommonPosts: 375

Wow at the whine about "none of the above"-option lacking. If you don't think any of the listed deserve a given award, just don't vote.

|< I 1 1 I |\| 6 _ Z 0 |\/| 8 I 3 5 _ 5 I |\| C 3 _ 1 9 9 0
    -Actively playing Eve.
    Follow my tweet (:
  • TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Eh - whatevs

• vlad7388vlad7388 Member Posts: 1

How EVE Online with such a disgusting customer support can claim to be the Game of the year? :lol:

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Wow, what a substandard year...Well, I cast my vote anyway - apparently in line with the majority on every poll *shudder*

• XstylesXstyles Member Posts: 107

All games on the list are horrible thus I don't know what to vote. I don't even know any of the games on the "rising star" list

• GreenzorGreenzor Member Posts: 165

EVE Online game of the year hands down.

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399

I love how most of the GOTY nominees were not even released this year? EVE Online? WoW? What the hell?

Of the ones I have played, I would have to give it to RIFT. It had a lot going for it except the fact it was too easy and happened too fast. If it wasn't made for the casual gamer exclusively, it would have been an even better game. Longer grind to level cap, and more difficult content would have been great.

But overall, their class design and dungeon design were top notch, making the game very dynamic and fun. There are definitely some flaws, but gameplay is what I enjoy most.

• samz812samz812 Member Posts: 1

how WOW even fits into ANY of those catagorys i will NEVER know i mean it cant be inovative as its done NOTHING NEW!

although EVE online got of to an AWFULL start this year since cruicible its picked up and is on its way back to awesomeness so that will have to tkae GOTY for me

SW:TOR this was the biggest dissapointment since STO , promised alot but after looking at it, its pretty much the same as all the other hack and slash games and the old new thing is voice acting for quest givers, hardely something to be noteworthy.

• NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205

innovative means something with new methods; advanced and original   --- I can't say that some of the games listed are that... when one is almost a copy of another one in the list.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

i can see why Swtor isn't on the goty and why you can vote for it in other areas.  i think if youre gonna be up for a goty you need to be out for more then half the year, but since the game is playing in the last few days of 2011 that makes it so you can vote for it in other areas.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• Tordak89Tordak89 Member Posts: 1

Eve online deserves the title of Best Game of 2011. Despite the fact there were some hatreds with the community, the Carbon engine is something magnificent. And Crucible is the best expansion I've ever seen.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Would be nice to see a 'none of the above' option added to these polls

• jha85jha85 Member Posts: 1

Vote for The Secret World and Bloodline Champions! :-)

• audorinaudorin Member Posts: 11

I can't express how much I'm looking forward to TSW ( The Secret World ). It seems so deep and well thought out. I've seen what Funcom are capable of both ways. The most fantastic games of all tim ( The Longest Journey and Dreamfall ) and of course the upset: Age of Conan. 

Now they have Ragnar Tornquist back in the lead, and I just can't see it going bad. The dreamworld engine is really showing what it is capable of. Follow betacake.net and you might get a few glimps of how TSW is now. There should be a clip available there before the day is over. I saw it last night, and my jaw litteraly dropped to the ground.

I cross my fingers for a succesful launch in April! 

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Originally posted by audorin
    I've seen what Funcom are capable of both ways. The most fantastic games of all tim ( The Longest Journey and Dreamfall )...

Thanks for reminding me of these great games, may have to dust off the disks sometime soon.

• kalakujakalakuja Member Posts: 24

BLC!

This discussion has been closed.