Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild for full-time jobs and college students (Heroes-of-fate.com)

Comments

• EvereghaloEvereghalo Member Posts: 51

It is all good.  I do not have one up yet, I was going to get one.  I do not mind waiting till the end of the weekend, I have been very busy myself.

EVERYONE GO CHECK YOUR EMAIL!

• Short2CentsShort2Cents Member Posts: 6

Just about finished downloading the client for this weekend and happened to see this post about this weekends beta.  We need to decide what home world were all going to play on....

Edit: well decide on a server in the next few days, so check back before the weekend!

Here is the article about home-worlds and this weekend BWE:

http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-and-transferring-worlds-in-guild-wars-2t

• mmorpgmanermmorpgmaner Member UncommonPosts: 241

I am in. I have a pretty wide social life, I work on my own commission terms so I am free most of the day. I have had periods of being a hardcore gamer in the past, Darkfall online was my real choice of game but i've dove into many MMO's. Guild wars was the original MMO that got me into gaming, and I am avidly looking forward to GW2. I haven't currently purchased GW2, but plan on getting it this friday on pay day. I'd like a chance to be apart of the guild, I do not check MMORPG that often but if you could please get back to me at [email protected] I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Originally posted by Short2Cents

Just about finished downloading the client for this weekend and happened to see this post about this weekends beta.  We need to decide what home world were all going to play on....it really doesnt matter which one unless there are other people someone knows that have committed to a server (which is unlikely as they just went up) so Im gonna say......Lets go Deldrimor!  Everyone join Deldrimor home-world this beta weekend unless there are objections (which means recheck this forum before this weekend to double check).

Here is the article about home-worlds and this weekend BWE:

http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-and-transferring-worlds-in-guild-wars-2t

I object.

I am talking to some people in other guilds that I think would be great to buddy up with in game at launch and they have yet to figure out a server.  I should get the information back tommorow, so please just sit tight for a Day.

2cents can you edit your post please.  Plus I would like XDrac and AZ to chime in on this too.

• xDracxDrac Member UncommonPosts: 201

How about Darkhaven?

Web & Graphic Design - www.xdrac.com

• NickraiderNickraider Member UncommonPosts: 131

Can add me to "IN" category! I'll be on this friday but only for a short while and gone the rest of the weekend :(

Other Names:

Revelation

Euphony

Senescence

Conundrum

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

There are a lot of Guild Wars guilds moving over to Guild Wars 2, mine included.  Almost every guild I know of is "employee friendly" (as I phrase it).  My guild will be on Darkhaven, it's a tiny guild of friendly people that don't spend thier lives focused on gaming.  We don't recruit by any means other than playing with each other first and chatting.  If one of us likes you, an officer will chat and play then we invite you.

I don't want to steal your thread; I just wanted to let people know there will be a lot of estiblished guilds moving.  I wish you lots of luck.

Im good with Darkhaven, I was between Deldrimor and Darkhaven based off people I know joining these servers.  Evereghalo does this work with the people you are buddying up with?  

Im good with Darkhaven, I was between Deldrimor and Darkhaven based off people I know joining these servers.  Evereghalo does this work with the people you are buddying up with?  

Like I said, I have yet to hear anything back because I sent them an email last night.    I will check it regularly and post the info then send messages out again to everyone that has shown interest.  

I know, me and my names... but how about 

Bloodglow? :P

• jerome1986jerome1986 Member Posts: 34

Evereghalo  join the server that the official mmorpg guild is joining, they've already picked one already.    Trust me a lot of casuals and full-time workers are going to join the official mmorpg guild, so it makes sense to be close to those kind of ppl right?

they've chosen US SERVER: MAGUUMA

I would actually rather be on a server that has a diverse group of guilds, and a server that will have a few hard core guilds so that the servers WvW is strong.

I think if we were the only guild catering to skilled but busy players would be best for us.  I think it is important to be on a high pop server to both recruit and meet other guildds and people we would like to play with at launch.   If we need to we can also server transfer once as a group for fun because of the free gems, but IF that is needed we can discuss it on vent.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/world-choice-guilds-and-communities-t37040.html

Is a list of committed guilds, and after talking to a few guilds right now I suggest "Sorrow's furnace"

Because it will have strong PvP guilds and is the guild designated (I am pretty sure about this) for ExDaoc Players.

PvE and PvP in this game is 5 person oriented, but WvW you need to rely on your home server's community.  I think this server will allow for the potential for competative WvW which even if you are not all about PvP/WvW the server bonuses are nothing to scoff at.

Lastly, it is always nice to be winning in WvW when you log in. 

I have also been told Asura and Sylvari will not be ready at the start, I will most likely be human and my toons Name will be Evereghalo or Jaren and will be a guardian and/or elementalist. 

I would suggest everyone interested should post back on here and check back for this thread late thursday night or friday morning.   To maximize enjoy

• AchrisosAchrisos Member UncommonPosts: 54

How many players are you up to now?

• JrogalskJrogalsk Member Posts: 34

I haven't been on this thread in a while. But I will be in the beta this weekend. Sign me up for this guild please!

PS. Are we going to be playing this weekend together? Which server are you guys going to pick?

Originally posted by Jrogalsk

I haven't been on this thread in a while. But I will be in the beta this weekend. Sign me up for this guild please!

PS. Are we going to be playing this weekend together? Which server are you guys going to pick?

Yeah, we would like to meet up and get a feel for eachother, have some fun together and enjoy GW2!

We didn't officially pick any server yet so make sure to check back on friday or tomorrow!

• JrogalskJrogalsk Member Posts: 34

Awesome! Do we have a guild name yet?

We're still deciding on one, so feel free to toss in ideas if you have any, or give us your opinion about names we've already posted! :)

Edit:  - Also, this might help in choosing a server

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/srmfg/homeworlds_of_various_online_communities_for/

Originally posted by Achrisos

How many players are you up to now?

Confirmed players around 10.  If you count friends of ours and people that have said their interested at least 20

Im not sure Sorrows Furnace is a good fit for this guild seeing as were all college students or full time workers that may not be able to spend 40 hours a week playing.....and seeing as thats one of the heaviest hardcore-oriented servers it doesnt seem like its a good idea.  I mean, sure we might win WvW a little more but in PvP we may not be able to do as well.  I like Darkhaven like xDrac but if we need to compromise Maguuma has less hardcore guilds committed and would still give the heavy population.

Im not sure Sorrows Furnace is a good fit for this guild seeing as were all college students or full time workers that may not be able to spend 40 hours a week playing.....and seeing as thats one of the heaviest hardcore-oriented servers it doesnt seem like its a good idea.  I mean, sure we might win WvW a little more but in PvP we may not be able to do as well.  I like Darkhaven like xDrac but if we need to compromise Maguuma has less hardcore guilds committed and would still give the heavy population.

That is the point.

1) If we are one of 10 casual guilds on a server full of casual guilds how are we to stand out from a recruitment perspective?

2) Even with a high population of players on those servers the casual nature still has the potential for low log ons or short log on times by different players.  This can and I would bet gold will lead to coordination problems in the long term, espeically at launch and for the second rotation.  Some of those dungeons are several hours long, especially if you are wiping.

3) Your home world effects your WvWvW gameplay more than any other personal choice of game play than any other the others really.  So having a strong server geared toward that will enahnce WvWvW and for those PvEers allows for those buffs that occur throughout the duration of the 2week period to keep up and grow high. 

W v W is frustrating.  And I can tell ya now if you are trying to play this game style and you have a lot of zergers and no organized game play will be very frustrating.  So why limit potentially positive experiences.

4) Everyone has burnout, what would give us a GREAT niche would be the casual guild on a server of hardcore PvPers because if someone gets a bad semester, has a nerd rage, or nears burn out this guild would be a strong consideration for those skilled players.   If we go to a server with all the mega website guilds like MMORPG or Guildwars2guru then I can predict that most people will be in multiple guilds and there will be even less or no guild identity.   It will be very difficult to get new people to grow the guild, esp if the whole "prestige" system (I think that is what it is called) works where your players have to be logged in represetnting that guild.  I could be mistaken.

5) There is no way in which, so long as we recruit well before launch, that it will adversly affect our game play being on this hardcore server.  You can make assumptions that they will be azzhats or dyks but that happens on every server whoever is the best acts like that. 

6) Even though people interested are not going to have a lot of free time, I still want to participate in a high level of play. I know xDrac that you have been focused on that when you first found this group and a server like this would faciliate this nicely.

This is why, because several casually oriented guilds will make a casual server. At least being on a hardcore server you know people in your party won't want to give up, afk every 10 minutes, or not have the game experience to clear content. And then when you decide to play, those playing will either A) Be hardcores that are always on and don't have to go take out the trash, or B) possibly other casual players that when they are on playing take it seriously.

With a strong rep, as a guild, for being good players is not going to be tarnished if it is full of people that can only do 5 to 20 hours a week to play. 

• AhmedZakariaAhmedZakaria Member UncommonPosts: 36

Originally posted by Evereghalo

I would actually rather be on a server that has a diverse group of guilds, and a server that will have a few hard core guilds so that the servers WvW is strong.

I think if we were the only guild catering to skilled but busy players would be best for us.  I think it is important to be on a high pop server to both recruit and meet other guildds and people we would like to play with at launch.   If we need to we can also server transfer once as a group for fun because of the free gems, but IF that is needed we can discuss it on vent.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/world-choice-guilds-and-communities-t37040.html

Is a list of committed guilds, and after talking to a few guilds right now I suggest "Sorrow's furnace"

Because it will have strong PvP guilds and is the guild designated (I am pretty sure about this) for ExDaoc Players.

PvE and PvP in this game is 5 person oriented, but WvW you need to rely on your home server's community.  I think this server will allow for the potential for competative WvW which even if you are not all about PvP/WvW the server bonuses are nothing to scoff at.

Lastly, it is always nice to be winning in WvW when you log in. 

I have also been told Asura and Sylvari will not be ready at the start, I will most likely be human and my toons Name will be Evereghalo or Jaren and will be a guardian and/or elementalist. 

I would suggest everyone interested should post back on here and check back for this thread late thursday night or friday morning.   To maximize enjoy

evereghalo is correct. to be a recognized guild, we will need to be on a server with diverse guilds, not a casual dominated server.

we will beta on SORROW's FURNACE.

We will see how the server feel's and obviously will reevaluate for a final choice come real launch.

Still working on names! SHooting to have one picked by next week

• AirhammerAirhammer Member UncommonPosts: 21

I'm a little late to the party, but Id like to check you guys out this weekend. I usually play with just RL friends, but Im tired of activities hinging on every person being there. Like to be a part of a guild when I don't feel guilty not logging on for a day! Let me know

Airhammer

It is never too late man.

So the server is decided for now.

Sorrow’s Furnace

It shall be. But we'll need a name one way or the other for the BWE, else how are we going to name the guild?

Also I would suggest to compile a IGN list, just in case. Mine will be a

xDrac - Norn (or Human) Warrior

Elodie - Human Elementalist             <- my gf, not an alt.

• JamesLewisJamesLewis Member Posts: 23

I too am interested in this but am ffrom the uk. Private message e or e-ail me on [email protected] to discuss it further as I am busy all today so won't be able to pop on yhere all the time