Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, it was an interesting run

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Spent the 3 weeks playing a couple of characters up to level 61 (Tyrant/Bishop) to see how things were on the new f2P Lineage 2 release, and decided that at least for now I was going to put the game on the shelf for future consideration.

The grind in the early going is non-existent, you can get from 1-42 in a matter of hours, however it starts to slow down after that and by time you get into the upper 50's you know for sure that you're grinding levels. (still not too bad, only 2-3 hours per level depending on what class you are).  I'm told once you get to level 76 and your final class expansion it really slows down to the more traditional L2 grind but that's to be expected.  There is a mechanic in place called mentoring which I'm told really improves on your leveling experience but I never got to try it.

Money and gear were never an issue, they give you free gear for each tier right up through level 76+, although the 30 day time limit on each tier sort of stinks since you can't play casually.  Reason I stopped my characters at level 61 was so they would be able to unlock the A level of free gear when/if I decide to return.

As far as money (Adena), I accumulated over 20M Adena of wealth but did spend a little cash in the shop (10 bucks) to help buy souls shots which you will burn through like water, but I didn't have to, just would have invested more of my in game cash instead.

Speaking of the cash shop, the hook I see is that around the time of your class change all the 200% exp boosts run out, so you have to buy potions/items from the cash shop to maintain a more rapid leveling pace.  Not mandatory of course, but then Lineage 2 is all about the end game sieges and if you're not at the top (including your gear) I'm told you can expect to rolled so your incentive to buy exp potions likely will be strong.

Now, the one real issue for me is that I decided to roll on the new Bartz Server thinking a fresh start would be a good thing, but I'm not sure I made the right decision.

First of all, on a new server, there's few people looking for mentee's since they're all busy trying to get to the top, (I saw some folks adverstising to pay people to mentor them) but I suppose in a month or so that situation will resolve itself. 

Second, there's no real economy outside of the selling of soul shots and a few other items.  With all the free gear up to level 76 there's little need for crafters though of course this will change as more players need the upper tier gear however I suspect it will be in rather short supply at first as few people play Dwarves which are the only race that can craft.

Third, I guess with the launch of SWTOR and other factors L2 still doesn't appeal to people in the United States, so while there are clans advertising for people who speak English, most are full of folks from Eastern Europe, Brazil, and elsewhere so I never found a clan to group with during my time slot, and L2 is a very lonely game if you try to go it solo.

Also, another issue with Clans is they are limited to how many members they can have based on their level, so they tend to be very selective and I always seemed to be 5 levels behind the minimum requirement in most cases. 

So, overall, not a bad game as far as F2P's go, all the content is available to all players and if you can get in with the right clan I think it could be an amazing experience.

There is a 2 character per account (per server?) limit, so in the end I decided to delete one of my characters (Tyrant) as there is a 7 day time frame to complete the deletion.

If/when I go back I may pick up on my Bishop, or try re-rolling a buffer class instead as they seemed like they might be more entertaining in the upper levels of the games.   (No real shortage of Bishops it seems)

Or I might seek out a clan first on any of the active servers, and then level up new because it really doesn't take much time at all to get back to where I was.

Oh yeah, one final note, atm the Bartz server is mad busy, there are a ton of people all crammed into the key hunting places and at times it can be a real challenge to find things to kill, but again, once the frenzy dies down I'm sure that will get a bit easier.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Comments

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

I dont know why you can only make 2 chars, i create a new NCSoft account and was able to create at least 4.

About craft you are right. Path to Awakening kill all the craft/economy from D to S Grade.

About Clans, you could try join a academy (its now untill lvl 76). I dont play in bartz, im in old Naia and here theres alot of clans recruiting ppl for academy.

If u wanna try a new char, try WARCRY (buffer with a amazing magic dps and with fighter skills too), if you dont mind playing as orc. Great in group and non stop in solo.

And i agree with you, solo progression in L2 is not fun at all.

Have fun  :)

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Ok its F2P so all im whining or complaining here is not valid its after all free to play right:)Well i play solo so obvious its harder but i stopping at lvl72 im not the person anymore to invest alot time figure out how to get all and play a class thats best for fast lvling.

I have feeling players can buy there way to top? I saw players on day one new aeria server already with S-Grade server was not even day old. So i investigate higher lvl areas lvl70+ mobs and already players hunt there that seems suspicious to me. Innova claims true free 2 play but paying giving you huge advantage.

So what means truely free mmo then?

I did a fare ammount of quest some give nice rewards and xp but it all go slow takes longer and longer adena is not easy and as solo i have hard time grind good spots becouse eather pvp is broken or i missing something but they can kill me without going red or just stun me while on mob and i die without any chance.

Almost everybody seems alot stronger then me upgrade weapon and armor, i can't sfford buying to much plus dont see how i can easely get the enchant scrolls to upgrade my weapon and armor. ive try TOI but these mobs kick my ass i realy dont see how i manage there. Im a phantom ranger get way to many evades and i do not much dmg with my soulbow.

I dont have any upgrades or good items to up my attack, defence or attackspeed i just can't afford constantly buying buffs or enchant everything that takes all way to long, i eather grind and lvl nicely or slowly progress and sell things craft or doing these farm quest getting items.

It seems im also not very handy anymore with point and click it seems clumpsy to me these days many times my cursor dont get connection with mob so i straight walk into it as ranger.

It took me already ages to get from 71 to 72 only 12m adena with only A-grade bow and armor its rather cheap to get i know but as solo player im just to weak hehe. Playing on aeria server i realy dont have any connection with player base they all way to occupied with themselfs nobody answers anything its like im playing with server full of bots who can pull 20mobs and kill them in no time (isee many pull a mob train around 20mobs and kill them under 10secs, i realy dont wanne play like that no fun in GODMODE) while i have trouble with 2 mobs surviving hahaha. No this game ain't for me anymore.

Oh and it seems majority plays MAGE kind of characters using magic and they kill so easy but i just dont like magic somehow in L2 but i like bows. And game even with bow is so depended on MANA but i can't get mana anywhere in shops and nobody sells them so im constantly out of mana or just dont uses skills that use many and slow me considrable.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

The Sentence "Truely free" with NCSoft is correct, at least for now.

You are playing in Innova, they have diferent rules so i dont know.

Im European and play on old NAIA (NCSoft server in USA with EU times).

We have the "path to awakening" that gives you top free armor, jewels and all weapons from D to S grade (S Grade is 90days, other grades are 30days).

You can allways create a NCSoft account and try play on NAIA server.

I dont have any experience playing as a ranger class, but i ear is expensive class, so in a NCSoft server you dont have any of this problems  :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Originally posted by Jabas

I dont know why you can only make 2 chars, i create a new NCSoft account and was able to create at least 4.

About craft you are right. Path to Awakening kill all the craft/economy from D to S Grade.

About Clans, you could try join a academy (its now untill lvl 76). I dont play in bartz, im in old Naia and here theres alot of clans recruiting ppl for academy.

If u wanna try a new char, try WARCRY (buffer with a amazing magic dps and with fighter skills too), if you dont mind playing as orc. Great in group and non stop in solo.

And i agree with you, solo progression in L2 is not fun at all.

Yeah, if I come back I'll prob reroll as Warcryer....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184
    on ncsoft's servers there is no limit on chars.

Originally posted by bugse82

I bealive its 7 or they change that in GoD ?

• StevaneStevane Member UncommonPosts: 35

The 2-character per account limit is a temporary limit for new-servers only, mostly to prevent name-claim abuse. The standard character amount per server is 7, and the new servers (Shilen, Magmeld, Bartz) will have the same amount available to them in the future.

• bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184

i meant the limit of 2 chars, but Stevane is acurate.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

ya swtor is gaining a niche player ,not really wow player yet mostly the other player are coming to swtor.i had issue cause this game need to be set to interlaced on my computer but once set at proper value,the look and movement are so smoth i love it