Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not believe a word of banned players in Iilum.

Do not believe a word of those banned players using low level characters going to Iilum , there is an explpit going on for players using low levels to capture a point in pvp and use it to spawn level 50 loot containers instantly, they can keep doing this all day resulting in infinite amount of credits. Those who got banned you deserved it. Dont come here or swtor forums cryin because you attempted to exploit the swtor economy. No pity for you guys. Those banned player attempted to capture a node usiong lwo low level toons to instant spawn loot containers, creating infinite credits for low level toons in Iilum.

As a swtor player, im glad bioware caught you guys no pity for you cheaters before the economy was being killed by cheaters.

Comments

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

too late already believe them, companies are evil.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

BioWare Defense Force, UNITE!!!

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• Starwars001Starwars001 Member Posts: 85

what puzzles me is that the banned exploiters knew exactly what they were doing and got banned for it then wants to make a case for themselves on the forums. They tried to paint game companies evil for banning cheaters.

Ridiculous really. They knew why they brought their low levels in iilum yet they think the public will side with them.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    All exploiters should get banned. I'm quite happy they did. Now they can go cheat in other games and leave us be..lol
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

You know, this explains a lot. Was a thread yesterday about people being banned for getting loot too high for their characters, and it sounded like they just dared a higher level zone and got banned for it.

Sounded fishy then already, let the exploiters get banned.

Still, they should have fixed this before releasing the game, patch it in ASAP.

• spector75spector75 Member UncommonPosts: 168

While i agree in full the people who went to Illum for the purposes of capping points and gathering chests should get in trouble. I recieved a warning also, even tho i had NEVER been to the planet. My only crime was leveling up my slicing so i went to Corellia a planet that is designed for lvl 45+ at lvl 32. Corellia has 13 sliceable containers in a safe spot, i make roughly 30k every 10ish minutes. Is it an exploit that i worked hard to level a trade and found a place to level it up? Is it an exploit that there are 2 lootable chests in the middle of this safe zone that can easily be attained by lower levels?

p.s. Didn't get  banned just a warning.

• dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339

Isn't it funny that banned players cry about getting banned after knowingly exploiting a game? I think it is and I'm with the OP. You knowingly exploited it and therefore received a just ban. If you don't want to be banned don't cheat. Its simple and its common sense.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Starwars001

what puzzles me is that the banned exploiters knew exactly what they were doing and got banned for it then wants to make a case for themselves on the forums. They tried to paint game companies evil for banning cheaters.

Ridiculous really. They knew why they brought their low levels in iilum yet they think the public will side with them.

I think there is really one deciding factor for me of whether this ban was justified or not.

If this guy was just on Illum and looting chests that spawn naturally...then you shouldn't be banned for that. If BW leaves the zone open to all levels, they can't expect people not to loot the chests.

However, if the guy found an actual BUG that causes chests to spawn very quickly and was actively exploting this...then the ban was justified.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by Creslin321

Originally posted by Starwars001

I think there is really one deciding factor for me of whether this ban was justified or not.

If this guy was just on Illum and looting chests that spawn naturally...then you shouldn't be banned for that. If BW leaves the zone open to all levels, they can't expect people not to loot the chests.

However, if the guy found an actual BUG that causes chests to spawn very quickly and was actively exploting this...then the ban was justified.

I have been to high (er) level planets (including Ilum) and looted things, and my account is still active.  Unfortunately, the game companies are kind of stuck.  They won't comment on specific cases (and shouldn't) so it leaves those banned to trumpet their stories all over with no rebuttal.  This, sadly, has been going on since games began banning people (ermm...1989?)

• ScoutMastrScoutMastr Member Posts: 140

I'm still confused as to how this is an exploit. The game allows factions to reset the loot spawns by capturing an objective? Is that by design or is it a bug? If it's by design, then it seems like this was Bioware's doing by not anticipating that factions would simply work together to reset the spawns--they could've locked Ilum off until a number of players reached 50...like 50% of a server, then dropped in Ilum and let them fight over it. Putting it in when there aren't enough players to keep things honest is their fault and their fault alone.

Truth is, when it comes to pvp based objectives/loot, 100% of participants can agree to "exploit" if they want--afterall this isn't a real war, it's a game (meaning we're not really enemies). They tell us to fight over the loot, we say no thanks, we'll just share. No matter how you dice it--economy breaking or not--in my opinion, banning wasn't the right move, unless it was a bug they were exploiting.

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615

If something can be done legitimately ingame (IE no third party, hacking the server or whatever) nobody should be banned, banning players for faulty programming/design is just stupid to me.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by Warmaker

B.D.F 4 LYFE SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Originally posted by ScoutMastr

I'm still confused as to how this is an exploit. The game allows factions to reset the loot spawns by capturing an objective? Is that by design or is it a bug? If it's by design, then it seems like this was Bioware's doing by not anticipating that factions would simply work together to reset the spawns--they could've locked Ilum off until a number of players reached 50...like 50% of a server, then dropped in Ilum and let them fight over it. Putting it in when there aren't enough players to keep things honest is their fault and their fault alone.

Truth is, when it comes to pvp based objectives/loot, 100% of participants can agree to "exploit" if they want--afterall this isn't a real war, it's a game (meaning we're not really enemies). They tell us to fight over the loot, we say no thanks, we'll just share. No matter how you dice it--economy breaking or not--in my opinion, banning wasn't the right move, unless it was a bug they were exploiting.

It's a bug. They were warned. They continued to do it anyway. They got banned. Bioware will fix it.

Is this something that happened after the last patch? I know companies can't catch everything before release, but it seems weird that something like this made it past beta.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Originally posted by dlld

If something can be done legitimately ingame (IE no third party, hacking the server or whatever) nobody should be banned, banning players for faulty programming/design is just stupid to me.

It's like saying killing is wrong , yet you got people who become serial killers and what happens when they get caught? Either death penalty of prison for life.  It's like saying bullying is wrong , yet we're surrounded by intimidation. So because you can pick on someone 3 times smaller then you means it's the small guy's fault?   They have been warned about the exploit , yet they still abuse it. Punishment well deserved.   Exploiting after warnings is a crime like almost everything else in life.   They want to exploit? Let them go back to Maple Story or any NcSoft certified game.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Can high level players slice those chests with out it being considered an exploit? Or, is there some bug that makes it an exploit for everyone that takes advantage of it? Harvesting nodes in safe spots in zones above your level should never be considered an exploit, as long as the person is actively harvesting and not macroing a spot with a predictable respawn rate.

I have harvested higher level nodes in other MMOs. I've had higher level players get mad at that and even had a GM in one game question me, I assume after a higher level complained, but once he knew I was a real person and I didn't use any exploits to get in the position to harvest the point, he agreed I was fine.

If the post in this thread about getting warned for slicing a node in a higher level zone, just because it was higher level, is true, that's just wrong. If the developers want to limit this activity by design, they just need to tie a gathering skill cap to your character level.

Exploiting a node that respawns at a much faster than normal rate is something to take action on, finding a way to sneak a lower level character to a higher level node should not.

I have a feeling some of these bans or warnings could just be the result of higher level characters complaining and GMs who are not sufficiently trained to make a proper judgment, or just too devoid of common sense to rule on something not spelled out in black and white in some hand book.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

I just don't get why the original e-mail from EA was so vague... why did they make it seem like the exploit was him going to Ilum and not him spawning multiple loot chests (if what the OP says is true)? 

Unless the e-mail is a fake (which it might be), someone at EA just made their company look bad by not being able to 100% communicate the issue to the customers as well as any on-lookers. 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by Loke666

You know, this explains a lot. Was a thread yesterday about people being banned for getting loot too high for their characters, and it sounded like they just dared a higher level zone and got banned for it.

Sounded fishy then already, let the exploiters get banned.

Still, they should have fixed this before releasing the game, patch it in ASAP.

It shouldn't have existed if the dev team was smart about coding and testing said code before it got into testing.

There exists testers who look for said exploits and never report it then use them in release.

After many alpha and beta tests, there have been many bugs reported (even those of exploit level) which devs don't fix at release.

Then there are players who think anything that's in the game can't be an exploit. If they end up using exploits, they should be permabanned.  When they ask how should they have known it was an exploit, well, if you are milking it, you know.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Starwars001Starwars001 Member Posts: 85

there is an exploit in iilum where players move their low level toons in iilum and capping a certain area in the battlegroudn this causes loot containment to instant respawn over and over and over and over infinite amount of times in a loop. 

Forcing high level loot containment box to instant respawn over and over and over and over is not a use of game mechanics, it is clearly an exploit. However, players do it and ruin other players experience in iilum.

If this goes unpunished the auction house economy would be destroyed quickly. Im talking instant repsawn of high level loot containment boxes quick in an infintie loop, those players woudl get infinite amount of credits.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

The accounts should not have been banned.  Strip the credits, sure, but Bioware shouldn't ban players for such a big error on their part.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by RizelStar

Originally posted by Warmaker

B.D.F 4 LYFE SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So should people instead unite in the support of cheaters? Serious question.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

well, guess the game is not so linear lol

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Originally posted by spector75

While i agree in full the people who went to Illum for the purposes of capping points and gathering chests should get in trouble. I recieved a warning also, even tho i had NEVER been to the planet. My only crime was leveling up my slicing so i went to Corellia a planet that is designed for lvl 45+ at lvl 32. Corellia has 13 sliceable containers in a safe spot, i make roughly 30k every 10ish minutes. Is it an exploit that i worked hard to level a trade and found a place to level it up? Is it an exploit that there are 2 lootable chests in the middle of this safe zone that can easily be attained by lower levels?

p.s. Didn't get  banned just a warning.

Yes it's an exploit. It's also their fault. You didn't do anything wrong. That's why you only got a warning. They'll be removing those chests soon.

It's not an exploit. They place those container there to be harvested by people who have the right level for that job. Why would it be relavent if you have the right level to be on that planet? They allow you to go there, they did that on purpose as well. Allowing you to go to planet above you level.

If they did not want people to harvest those containers, they would not be there. if they would not want people to go to higher level planets, they would lock them. Everyone is working as it is intending really, you suppose to slice them when you can. They already lowered slicing reward anyway.

He was just getting the fruits of his labor. He worked to get to  a point to harvest higher level containers and he explored the world to find the containers. Seems all fair to me.

Originally posted by uohaloran

The accounts should not have been banned.  Strip the credits, sure, but Bioware shouldn't ban players for such a big error on their part.

You actually agree not to use exploits and such when you start using there services. Did they make a mistake? Well yes and they fix it in time, but the exploiters know it when they did it and where going against what they agreed upon and KNOW they could get punished. They took the risk and now have to life with the reward.

True enough a warning in form of stiping the credits and maybe even all items they had would have worked, but I do not really feel sorry for those who got banned

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

should have seen swifty this week he is in a fps (his video is probably online now)he was like wtf i shoy the player,so i believe there is a replay video in that game he follow  the culprit all the way to know what happened,in the end it was a not a hack but hole in the map he got throu that hole and was on the other side so shoot as log as you want technicly he was wasnt on the map ,i bet the game maker got wind of the hole in the map and is fixing it!i bet lot of cheater arent happy this situation,one less hole.i am all for a good win but a cheat hell no!

• Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610

If the game design has a flaw to allow this type of action then surely they cant ban for it, and furthermore if they class this as a "bug" and fix it, they will open up all kinds of trouble with the banned players - as bioware are admitting it was there own fault...

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

taking advantage of flaws the desiger havent patched yet is in the game chart tho!oh you can do it but you cant get caught!and now with lot of game having replay it is fairly easy to get caught ,what worked in cs or wow (because there were no replay video ,now is betting harder not getting caught ,wich is a good thing