Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't call me a hater because I don't like the game

Comments

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484
    Originally posted by tank017

Originally posted by DexterMMO

When I don't like a game... I like to spend my free time talking about it. Cool huh.

Some people just like to come here and speak their minds on the subject they like,in this case MMO's..

whether it be positive or negative,this is what message boards are for.

wrong forums bro, most of those negative commenters have repeated the same crap for weeks now. Rules state that's trolling.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

I agree with the OP.

This isn't the game I was looking for. 

I want to go home and rethink my MMORPG-life.

Is the game 'okay'?  Yes.

Is it disappointing?  Absolutely.

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by Obi wan Kenobi

This isn't the game I was looking for. 

Hehe

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

When I don't like a game... I like to spend my free time talking about it. Cool huh.

Some people just like to come here and speak their minds on the subject they like,in this case MMO's..

wrong forums bro, most of those negative commenters have repeated the same crap for weeks now. Rules state that's trolling.

There is a difference between repeating your own negative comment or just posting it once and happen to have the same negative comment as someone else.

It is not trolling if you just share your negative opinion and it turns out to be similar to other peoples opinion.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Originally posted by Redcor

I saw Star Wars : A new hope in the theaters

I owned all the original toys

I know tons of trivia, have read the books , and love Star Wars lore.

I was overseas in the military so I missed SWG saddly but glad I missed SOE's destruction of it

I have followed SWTOR with baited breath. Joined A guild a year ago, anticipated , and waited

I bought the collectors Edition the day it came out and gleefully planned my attack, witch classes I would roll first

I jumped for joy when I got a beta invite

I nearly pissed myself when the opening movie was playing "I think it looked better than the last 3 movies"

Then my heart sank when I started to play, level after level was more and more dissapointing to me . From the character creation to the end I wondered were the huge amounts of money went. Then I figured it out. I went into marketing.   Time will show this for what it is.

So all of you calling people like me haters remember that none of us existed before the game came out and the real haters were at it before release. Many of us are just dissapionted that we don't like it and that it did not live up to the hype.  

I know some of you would defend a George Lucas turd  on the sidewalk from flies till it turned white , and I think its noble, but this one does not deseve your time.

Corparations like EA will be glad to feed us crap if we eat it up. And especially if we fight over it. I think its time for an occupy EA movement.

It's good you got that out.

Now the healing can begin.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

it goes both ways,some people who support the game also attack anyone who gives an inkling of negativity about it.

If those are the rules,then its up to the mods to deal with it.If they dont then maybe they dont see it as trolling.

so naa,I dont think these are the wrong forums.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by someforumguy

There is a difference between repeating your own negative comment or just posting it once and happen to have the same negative comment as someone else.

It is not trolling if you just share your negative opinion and it turns out to be similar to other peoples opinion.

I know it IS hard to believe possibly more than a single person dislikes the game for the same reasons..

• BrotherVaatiBrotherVaati Member Posts: 23

I think that its turned into "I hate it" "I love it" battle on these forums, noone seems to be able to give concessions, and its become less about why the game is good/bad, just that people have issues acknowledging that there are others that disagree, though sometimes they do it disrespectfully or in a inflamitory manner. What I've seen on this thread is about a total of 1 1/2 page of actual discussion about the game and the rest whether someone is justified in their opinion, whether something is trolling, fanboism, or hating, or whether this topic has been beaten to death (Plus that random Ghandi thing, that totally came out of nohwhere, did some derailing, and confused the shit out of me). And I agree with whoever said this, "if the Mods think its bad they'll delete it, and if you think its gone too far, report it. No need to "devolve" the conversation away from the issue."

And so I don't add to the issue of not contributing to the topic.

I've not played it so Its not my opinion, just my friends' observation:

- Expertise on the gear ruins PvP for non lvl 50's

-and like OP said, the architecture seems out of whack.

-There are some wierd spawning bugs I've heard about.

-And Imperial Agents, despite being Mirrors, apprently are OP to a degree in PvP

-Character creation is boring as nothing else due to the lack of aliens, just having very human humanoids.

The majority of them love it otherwise, those are what they've said could have been better.

• FraugnutzFraugnutz Member Posts: 69

It cracks me up when people say shit like "fans of  Star Wars and of Bioware will like this game, but..." and yet still cannot understand why it is so popular just because they didnt like it themselves. Do they realize that Star Wars is one of the most popular film franchises of all time and has millions upon millions of fans worldwide? Very much the same can be said about Bioware and the wild success of the Mass Effect franchise. To say: "fans of star wars and of bioware will enjoy the game" and then act surprised that many people actually do enjoy the game is the operative definition of COGNITIVE DISSONANCE. 

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Let's do a John Madden-esque play-by-play analysis of this post so we can determine where it went wrong shall we?

I was overseas in the military so I missed SWG saddly but glad I missed SOE's destruction of it

See now right here the OP's scrambling around setting himself up as a sympathetic figure to Star Wars fans, good move on OP's part.

I have followed SWTOR with baited breath. Joined A guild a year ago, anticipated , and waited

I bought the collectors Edition the day it came out and gleefully planned my attack, witch classes I would roll first

I nearly pissed myself when the opening movie was playing "I think it looked better than the last 3 movies"

So he keeps scrambling down here [draws meaningless line on screen] and now he's got himself set up firmly as someone who was really looking forward to SWTOR and then...

Then my heart sank when I started to play, level after level was more and more dissapointing to me . From the character creation to the end I wondered were the huge amounts of money went. Then I figured it out. I went into marketing.   Time will show this for what it is.

So all of you calling people like me haters remember that none of us existed before the game came out and the real haters were at it before release. Many of us are just dissapionted that we don't like it and that it did not live up to the hype.  

BOOM tough actin-tinactin!  Bullet pass to the wide receiver.  He's really made his point here, and remained civil the whole time!  People can honestly be disappointed with the game without being haters.  Oh wait, wait a sec!

I know some of you would defend a George Lucas turd  on the sidewalk from flies till it turned white , and I think its noble, but this one does not deseve your time.

AWWW NO!!! FUMBLE!  FUMBLE!!!  He tries to lay down the fanboi troll bait at the last minute and drops the ball!

Corparations like EA will be glad to feed us crap if we eat it up. And especially if we fight over it. I think its time for an occupy EA movement.

I can't believe it!  After laying down the trollbait he decides to put in some confused anti-corporate at the end...the other team has the ball now and they're running...running...TOUCHDOWN! 

Well Vic, I don't think the OP's going to be happy at the after game conference today.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Rofl Creslin that had me laughing my ass off. FUMBLE! haha.

And before people start calling Creslin a fanboy, read his post history, pretty sure he's been very critical of the game. He and I have had some arguments lately.

Lol nice post.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by Creslin321

Let's do a John Madden-esque play-by-play analysis of this post so we can determine where it went wrong shall we?

See now right here the OP's scrambling around setting himself up as a sympathetic figure to Star Wars fans, good move on OP's part.

So he keeps scrambling down here [draws meaningless line on screen] and now he's got himself set up firmly as someone who was really looking forward to SWTOR and then...

BOOM tough actin-tinactin!  Bullet pass to the wide receiver.  He's really made his point here, and remained civil the whole time!  People can honestly be disappointed with the game without being haters.  Oh wait, wait a sec!

AWWW NO!!! FUMBLE!  FUMBLE!!!  He tries to lay down the fanboi troll bait at the last minute and drops the ball!

I can't believe it!  After laying down the trollbait he decides to put in some confused anti-corporate at the end...the other team has the ball now and they're running...running...TOUCHDOWN! 

Well Vic, I don't think the OP's going to be happy at the after game conference today.

Funny as hell and very well done! image

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by dubyahite

Rofl Creslin that had me laughing my ass off. FUMBLE! haha.

And before people start calling Creslin a fanboy, read his post history, pretty sure he's been very critical of the game. He and I have had some arguments lately.

Lol nice post.

Thank you thank you, and yes definitely not a fanboy here :).

I actually enjoy all the arguments I have with you and others and generally respect most of the people (you included) I argue with :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

I have no issue with people disliking the game or even hate it everyone hass a right to there own opion,Plenty of games I hate I think Eve and Gw1 are both garbage always have the difference is I do not go post on there forums nor do I continue to post how much I dislike them in there forums. I think its fine for ppl to give there review of the game and if they hate.don't like it cool post it and move on no one wants to hear the same junk over and over we get it if you don't like it go play something you do and stop wasting your time.

I cannot understand why some people will continue to post on a games forums that they do not like I mean wouldn't your time be better served playing and discussing a game you actually do like?

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Hater

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ducesettutamducesettutam Member UncommonPosts: 85

Personally I think the game depends more on which character you roll and if you like their storyline. I'm loving my Bounty Hunter right now, but couldn't stand the Sith Warrior. Though I do have to say this line is awesome. Much respect to you.

I know some of you would defend a George Lucas turd  on the sidewalk from flies till it turned white

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588

Originally posted by sanosukex

many people feel the exact same way.. but don't worry I'm sure someone will come on here and say you SHOULD have known exactly what you were getting into before you played.. which is complete BS.. either way the game is fun enough for a bioware/star wars fan but is nothing revolutionary not even close.. its a mediocre game from many many aspects and if you are burned out on themeparks you probably will find many Issues while playing

I've never seen a revolutionary game. Each game tries to something different, but most is the same. And there was plenty of info and free beta time to find out all about it, except for some pvp info that didnt seem to get tested much. I don't understand all the talk of revolutionizing gaming and other BS. They said they were going to make a game that was like the popular current style and add story, VO, cut-scenes, etc. Well, that's what they did. It wasn't something I was looking for, so I didn't buy it. I did my research and relized i wouldn't like it. I wish I could come to the forums and find out some info on other games, but every thread seems to be the TOR fan vs hater/or disliker, i should say. The games out, doing well, can't we just move on?

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Originally posted by Karahandras

many people feel the exact same way.. but don't worry I'm sure someone will come on here and say you SHOULD have known exactly what you were getting into before you played.. which is complete BS.. either way the game is fun enough for a bioware/star wars fan but is nothing revolutionary not even close.. its a mediocre game from many many aspects and if you are burned out on themeparks you probably will find many Issues while playing

Since bioware were essentially bought by ea seems to me that they cut too many corners.  In effect bioware now seem to make games easy rather than good.

Personally wouldn't mind people defending the game so much if they had made it better.  Makes me wonder if it would be any better before ea got there hands on things.

Lets hope that ME3 doesn't fall to the EA model like DA2 did ( and swtor likely ). But sadly I am betting it will.

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Originally posted by ducesettutam

Personally I think the game depends more on which character you roll and if you like their storyline. I'm loving my Bounty Hunter right now, but couldn't stand the Sith Warrior. Though I do have to say this line is awesome. Much respect to you.

I know some of you would defend a George Lucas turd  on the sidewalk from flies till it turned white

I enjoyed BH story the most in beta. Jedi consular was so boring ughh.. Agent was pretty fun also ( only got to 10 though )

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

So you had expectations, that seem like they were built upon decades of hype.

Nothing could live up to that, nothing.

I'm sorry to hear you were disapointed but really with hopes as high as yours must have been from the build up you present, can you really blame anyone but yourself if you were let down?

• FextFext Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by Skymourne

"but this one does not deserve your time"  this is my complaint about what you stated.  I understand your frustrations, as there are many that truly wanted this game to be what they wanted it to be, however, that hasn't happened for some.  but please, don't tell me "this one isn't worth your time", as that may be true for you, it certainly isn't for me. I can't get enough. I'm waiting to get into my server now, hence why i'm here.  I understand that you don't like the game, but you speak for no one else but yourself, and telling those of us that are enjoying the game that it's not worth our time is rediculous. it's not worth YOUR time, and that's ok too.

Can you dispute what he said about the money and the marketing?

I feel much like Redcor, yet a slightly different way. I used to be a BioWare fan from the BG series up to KOTOR, Jade Empire and Mass Effect.  Then they released DA - after years of development, and tons of advertising. originally claiming that this is going to be a crpg revolution. The BioWare had the potential and I believed them. And they produced your average crpg with blood on toons added.

And it feels the same way with SWTOR. It's like that there is some designer with ideas then a sales manager comes in and says "No, we are going to do what already sells. This is too risky."

I believe that the designer is the old BioWare guy who is still good and the sales manager is EA employee.

It's just not about joy of gaming anymore, it's about money all the way round. Look at Mass Effect and ME2. 

If you look at the timeline, it breaks back in 2007 - ME released, BW goes under EA and then it's over.

• FextFext Member Posts: 34

But, can you really sell people the same stuff over and over again? As much as I love the KOTOR pedigree of SWTOR, I do hate the WOWish genes it got (since WOW went FUBAR already).

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Originally posted by allegria

Originally posted by Karahandras

Since bioware were essentially bought by ea seems to me that they cut too many corners.  In effect bioware now seem to make games easy rather than good.

Personally wouldn't mind people defending the game so much if they had made it better.  Makes me wonder if it would be any better before ea got there hands on things.

Lets hope that ME3 doesn't fall to the EA model like DA2 did ( and swtor likely ). But sadly I am betting it will.

I find this common attitude about DA2 baffling.  DA2 was way better than that stupid story of ME2.  LOLGIANTTERMINATOR.  It was a disgrace to the genius that was ME1.  Now DA2 wasn't great, but I don't get why people diss that and not ME2.  Of course ME3 won't be as good.  Bioware has simply gone downhill, and it has little to do with EA.  This sort of thing just happens to studios sometimes. 

• KotatsuKotatsu Member Posts: 57

People will like it and others won't. The company will have either a solid hit, an utter fail, or another MMO just hanging around on the market until they decide to pull the servers or just let it run until they've milked whatever they could out of it. I watched it, enjoyed the trailer which seemed a lot better to watch in HD on utube as opposed to the low quality version in-game, played the BETAs, and had my short-lived enjoyment during it. Game just didn't hold up graphically for me. I'm not expecting a DX11 MMO because I know it would cost devs more money and would screw a lot of players who don't exactly have a mid to high end PC, but there are games that are decent enough imo to just plain  crap but still retain good to amazing quality visual eye candy. It just doesn't seem to be much of a graphical upgrade from SWG. The PvP just felt a little laggy. The quests were decent but not enough to make me want to actually finish them or even recall why I was doing them. The whole light and dark side as you go through the quests while making choices was probably one of the most exciting features in the game for me. In any case the game isn't horrible. Obviously it has a sizable player base already and hopefull these guys will take some of that money and work on some improvements. I hope everyone enjoys and and I will check back in a few months to see if its made any progress enough to keep my interest.

(o'')-O Vs Q('' Q)

• nachofootnachofoot Member UncommonPosts: 122

Originally posted by Kotatsu

People will like it and others won't. The company will have either a solid hit, an utter fail, or another MMO just hanging around on the market until they decide to pull the servers or just let it run until they've milked whatever they could out of it. I watched it, enjoyed the trailer which seemed a lot better to watch in HD on utube as opposed to the low quality version in-game, played the BETAs, and had my short-lived enjoyment during it. Game just didn't hold up graphically for me. I'm not expecting a DX11 MMO because I know it would cost devs more money and would screw a lot of players who don't exactly have a mid to high end PC, but there are games that are decent enough imo to just plain  crap but still retain good to amazing quality visual eye candy. It just doesn't seem to be much of a graphical upgrade from SWG. The PvP just felt a little laggy. The quests were decent but not enough to make me want to actually finish them or even recall why I was doing them. The whole light and dark side as you go through the quests while making choices was probably one of the most exciting features in the game for me. In any case the game isn't horrible. Obviously it has a sizable player base already and hopefull these guys will take some of that money and work on some improvements. I hope everyone enjoys and and I will check back in a few months to see if its made any progress enough to keep my interest.

I am neither a hater nor a fanboy.  However, I really wanted to enjoy this game. 

What ultimately stopped me from playing past the pre-order was the quests.  They spent 7 years and told us that our choices would impact our character.  Apparently, it only impacts the look of your gear. 

For instance:  During the Jedi Knight story line, if you choose the dark-side and let the dark jedi Bengel Morr leave, you "reprogram" your companion droid to say that you captured Bengel Morr.  Despite trying to leave the main story line, you are guided back.

This discussion has been closed.