Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Down for maintenance. 1.0.1. PTR Patch notes

Comments

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430

It is what it is. If this fixes the bug a lot of accounts have with being unable to see/speak in guild or party channel, it will be worth it.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by fadis

SWTORThe Old Republic"

We'll be extending the #SWTOR maintenance, no current ETA. We will let you know when the servers are live. Thank you for your patience.

@Zackaryel Apologies, but no ETA at this time.

A couple of things.... it isn't an ETA.  ETA = estimated time of arrival... that makes no sense.  Also... don't thank me for my patience.  That's obnoxious.  ASK me for my patience. 

I hate support-speak.

Just do what Blizzard does and use the word "approximately". Ahhh memoriesss

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Originally posted by udorus

Soe is the only thing that has ever made EA look good, although having extended downtime to fix some minor bugs on what is probably the biggest day this game was going to have as xmas is over people have finally got home, xmas present games are unwrapped and inlaws have left means we get to return to our pc dens fire up the beast and ah crap its offline.

Seriously getting it wrong today is going to cost you a lot of fence sitter subs, i personally really like the game and will be subbing but still feel this is going to cost them big.

Totally agree on the whole Christmas sentiment. What an awful time to choose to do maintenance, especially one lasting this long. And now it's gone over the scheduled time and has no finish time set? Jeez, way to go Bioware.

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by Puremallace

SWTORThe Old Republic"

We'll be extending the #SWTOR maintenance, no current ETA. We will let you know when the servers are live. Thank you for your patience.

A couple of things.... it isn't an ETA.  ETA = estimated time of arrival... that makes no sense.  Also... don't thank me for my patience.  That's obnoxious.  ASK me for my patience. 

I hate support-speak.

I thought it was 'Working as Intended'. :-P

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

*sings*

"On the third day of Christmas my Bioware gave to me,

three hour queue's,

two bug fixes

and extended downtime at the time I'm free"

Just joking. I be patient and I can cope with this.

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

SWTORThe Old Republic"

I hate support-speak.

System Alerts (4)

1. [Server Status] Unavailable: Maintenance Extension

Hello Everyone! We are still working on the various items in today's maintenance and wanted to give you a quick update. We are going to extend today's maintenance window to ensure we have everything just right before we open the servers. We know you are all eager to return to the game and apologize to you for the interruption. At thistime, we do not have an estimate as to when the servers will come back up. Please check the Forums or the official SWTOR Twitter page for more information and updates. Thank you for all your patience today.

TRANSLATION:

Sup! We have no idea what the hell we are doing when it comes to MMO's and patches, but here is the breakdown.

While we try to figure out what we broke, we are going to extend the maintenance window, we do not know exactly what we broke, so we can't tell you how long everything will be down. We are very very sorry that we are incompetent, BUT we already have your money so there isn't shit you can do about.

Have fun hitting refresh on the forums or twitter pages shitheads. PS Fuck You!

That is what I got from it anyway.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

Originally posted by neonaka

SWTORThe Old Republic"

I hate support-speak.

System Alerts (4)

Hello Everyone! We are still working on the various items in today's maintenance and wanted to give you a quick update. We are going to extend today's maintenance window to ensure we have everything just right before we open the servers. We know you are all eager to return to the game and apologize to you for the interruption. At thistime, we do not have an estimate as to when the servers will come back up. Please check the Forums or the official SWTOR Twitter page for more information and updates. Thank you for all your patience today.

TRANSLATION:

Sup! We have no idea what the hell we are doing when it comes to MMO's and patches, but here is the breakdown.

While we try to figure out what we broke, we are going to extend the maintenance window, we do not know exactly what we broke, so we can't tell you how long everything will be down. We are very very sorry that we are incompetent, BUT we already have your money so there isn't shit you can do about.

LOL time for breakfast hopefully i wont shoot milk out my nose. PS ef you

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

TRANSLATION:

I would buy the game tommorow if a dev was ever this honest lol

• SikhanderSikhander Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Originally posted by Jimmy562

Originally posted by Franklin551

What is going on with this maintenance? Now they don't know when they're going finish. Do we get time back onto our accounts? I paid for this time. 

Good game but seems like its run by a bunch of amateurs. Really small patch, 6 hours and they still can't get it right. Dreading when a big one comes.

I promise that they also installed a new version server side with changes to the net code etc after having viewed everything under stress since early access. Still not an excuse but I am willing to bet that alot of technical code is being updated as well.
  • BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

I really do not understand why people get so upset that the game is delayed. God forbid as they were putting in the patch they found something that needs attention. The game is new and this happens with all games and maintence. Even WoW had this happen.

Obviously to the people who are freaking out because the maintence was extended and hating on Bioware, you obviously have issues of game addiction and might want to look into that a bit more. Go outside get some fresh air, go do an errand. This is to be expected. It is the first patch.

• thefreshflowthefreshflow Member Posts: 12

From their Twitter Feed: #SWTOR servers are still in maintenance with no ETA. We will give you another update by 12pm CST. Thank you for your patience.

God Dammit.

• udorusudorus Member Posts: 79

cheers Neonaka that really made me chuckle :)

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

Wow, this sure is serious business for some people.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • ciaryciary Member Posts: 1

SWTORThe Old Republic"

I hate support-speak.

System Alerts (4)

TRANSLATION:

not to mention that the site is down during that period as well? let's refer to a page that isn't online. great job!! (if anyone of EA of bioware reads this: that was sarcasm)

• Franklin551Franklin551 Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Beacker

I really do not understand why people get so upset that the game is delayed. God forbid as they were putting in the patch they found something that needs attention. The game is new and this happens with all games and maintence. Even WoW had this happen.

Obviously to the people who are freaking out because the maintence was extended and hating on Bioware, you obviously have issues of game addiction and might want to look into that a bit more. Go outside get some fresh air, go do an errand. This is to be expected. It is the first patch.

I don't have any issues to game addiction. This is my first ever mmo. Maybe my expectations are too high. I strongly dislike poor customer service. 

Their site is down. It's like they knew this was going to happen and didn't want to see people complaining.

Trust me I have plenty to do today, Planning on taking the kids to eat pizza here in a sec just to get out of the house.

BUT

My wife and I payed $120.00 bucks to these jerk offs for a service. This isn't Kung Pow Chicken F2P Asian Grinder #235,875.

This is pay to play SWTOR, and I payed money to play the shit that IF I'M LUCKY MIGHT be playable again sometime tonight... maybe.

Like I said I don't care really, it's just a game, and not an exceptional one at that, with from the looks of it an even worse dev team, BUT oh well.

Least I get to translate these dumb ass maintenance notes till whenever. It's more fun than playing the game really.

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

The main fix i want is Qyzen who's main stat is Aim yet the weapons he could use was changed at the last minute so that he longer uses a blaster making his main stat pretty useless.

Also the cooldown bug is a really good one as I was having problems with that. Otherwise I haven't really had any issues.

• fadisfadis Member Posts: 469

Telling us the servers are still downand you have no "ETA" isn't an "update."

Originally posted by natuxatu

The main fix i want is Qyzen who's main stat is Aim yet the weapons he could use was changed at the last minute so that he longer uses a blaster making his main stat pretty useless.

Also the cooldown bug is a really good one as I was having problems with that. Otherwise I haven't really had any issues.

Something that annoys me, is I went dark side points on my Jedi so I could get access to the red and orange saber crystals.

Which is cool because they have that function in the pref setting to "Show sith corruption".

If you uncheck that box it is supposed to render your character without all the face warts and gonorrhea of the mouth.

It works fine when you first check the box, but if you zone or port in any way shape or form, it checks the box again and there you are looking like a zombie pissed on your face again.

It is really annoying to me. I like things I check to stay checked.

Originally posted by natuxatu

When the hell did Qyzen ever use a blaster?  He's always had that wonky 'aim' main stat with melee weapons being his focus since forever... though he used to not use a 'techblade' it was just a vibroblade or whatever (with +str)... in fact, instead of changing his main stat.. they just made the new 'techblade' weapon to have the appropriate stats.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Saerain

Wow, this sure is serious business for some people.

Sadly not for EA/BW. Ok calm down it was a joke.

Trust me I have plenty to do today, Planning on taking the kids to eat pizza here in a sec just to get out of the house.

BUT

My wife and I payed $120.00 bucks to these jerk offs for a service. This isn't Kung Pow Chicken F2P Asian Grinder #235,875.

This is pay to play SWTOR, and I payed money to play the shit that IF I'M LUCKY MIGHT be playable again sometime tonight... maybe.

Like I said I don't care really, it's just a game, and not an exceptional one at that, with from the looks of it an even worse dev team, BUT oh well.

Least I get to translate these dumb ass maintenance notes till whenever. It's more fun than playing the game really.

Trying to play MMOs and be working adults + good parents is a losing battle.  It is going to cause you more frustration than it is worth.

• SuiMeSuiMe Member CommonPosts: 16

In this day and age, what morons link the forums to the servers so that you can't  access the forums when something goes wrong.

Bloody amatuers, and it shows. :-(

BUT

Trying to play MMOs and be working adults + good parents is a losing battle.  It is going to cause you more frustration than it is worth.

Ain't that the truth, I tried to trade my kids for an xbox 360 few years back on craigslist, but I forgot the no return policy and wouldn't you know, I got up the next morning and they were back on the doorsteps... What are you going to do. I am stuck with them all now, might as well go eat pizza!

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

This down time is a like a shot in the face to EU folk.  Seperate maintenance times please for EU and US?  I dislike people who troll and say things like go get a job do something else, clean the house.

We have jobs and one of us starts back full time tomorrow.  Between the queues bugs and server down time it has been frustrating.

We like the game though and are hoping that they fix these issues but I won't give them much lee-way after a month or two.  Once summer hits GW2 with no subscription and the outside is more fun and I certainly wouldnt think twice about unsubscribing.

EU maintenance times had better change, employing seperate server admins would cost them less than the profit lost from unsubscribers as a culmination with other issues.