Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baffled!

SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243

How is Iron Realms staying in the game?

Their style of designing might be a little out dated.

Comments

• ewlamyewlamy Member Posts: 2

Hey, Eric Lamy here, producer for Aetolia and Imperian, two of Iron Realms' games.

I think we're able to continue to thrive because we provide a service that is not available to players in larger MMORPGs, namely a personalized roleplaying experience. While our intricate combat system is probably what we're most known for, in my opinion, it's the fact that we offer players the opportunity to run their own political organizations, make meaningful changes to the game world on a daily basis, and contribute with their own user-generated content that differentiates us from other games. Because our staff-to-player ratio is much better than many games, we're able to create events on a regular basis that directly involve large segments of the player population in important roles. This is extremely appealing to many players, particularly those with a background in tabletop roleplaying games like D&D.

If you're interested in checking out either Aetolia or Imperian, head over to the links below, but feel free to send me a message if you have any questions about the games or want to learn more about what we offer.

http://www.aetolia.com

http://www.imperian.com

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

double post
  • ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

Iron Realms is far ahead of the MMO industry as far as running a player-driven world with dynamic events goes.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by ewlamy

Because our staff-to-player ratio is much better than many games, we're able to create events on a regular basis that directly involve large segments of the player population in important roles. This is extremely appealing to many players, particularly those with a background in tabletop roleplaying games like D&D.

You know, philosophically I agree with you.  Lot of other old gamer throwbacks hanging around these parts too.

Just don't know anything about your products.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.