Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 Ships Feb/07/2012 Will You Be Playing?

dagon3dagon3 Member Posts: 117

Anyone going to pre order now that theres going to be real cash involved in the game , and online play only?

Or will you wait and see how its going to be.

If anyone has any other news or concerns let me know i loved D2 and am excited about D3 but not to sure due to the real cash deal. Your opinions might help me to decide.

Thanks!

Comments

• dagon3dagon3 Member Posts: 117

Febuary the 7th 2012

• marowitmarowit Member UncommonPosts: 268

Where did you get this info?

I'm going to get the collectors edition, been waiting for this game since i was a teenager.

I really don't care about the real money auctionhouse, not going to use it and i'm goign to play with friends that have been waiting for the game like me so i don't care what others do.

REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS AND REGRET THEY HAVE PASSED.

• duelkoreduelkore Member Posts: 228

but i havent bought my new recliner yet.  no way in hell this relase date is accurate.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

I question the validity of this date.

D3 is a myth.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by dagon3

Anyone going to pre order now that theres going to be real cash involved in the game , and online play only?

Or will you wait and see how its going to be.

If anyone has any other news or concerns let me know i loved D2 and am excited about D3 but not to sure due to the real cash deal. Your opinions might help me to decide.

Thanks!

LINK!!!!! ffs

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Not me.  Diablo was fine in its day, but that day was long, long ago.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

nope, I never cared for Top Down view games.  I only play first or 3rd person. and I usually only play RPG and Diablo style action games have no appeal to me.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by Dibdabs

I wish a lot of out-of-touch old school MMOers understood a concept like this.

However, I strongly disagree. I played the first Diablo when it came out and I can't wait to carpal tunnel with right-clicking madness -_-

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , No.

Simple answer right?  The game has been announced since what? 2007? You got Torchlight 2 coming out pretty soon and a few years later Torchlight the MMO that will simply blow blizzard's Diablowow (Because D3 is made by the WoW team btw) straight down to craper.

Blizzard think they can out smart the real creators of Diablo?  That's pretty much impossible , Blizzard is known to what it is today because of the first two Diablo's and not because of WoW. The first two diablo's helped Blizzard to have a strong fan base that , a few years later , moved into WoW. Without the success of the first two diablo's , WoW would of been crap. And people often forget about that. Forget Star Craft , if not for Korea, StarCraft 2 would of never been released and we still hear more about SC1 then SC2.

I'm skipping D3 and will support the Developers that really put me into PC gaming , and those developers are the originals of the Diablo series working on the Torchlight series. Those guys are the real master minds and geniuses in today's gaming.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Wrong forum, D3 isn't an MMORPG.  Nice try advertising for your employers though.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Will be playing Diablo 3.  Will not be playing Torchlight 2.   If I'm going to play an isometric action hack and slash, I'm going to play the best one, not some cheap clone like Torchlight 2. 

And the Torchlight MMO blowing WoW out of the water?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

There's a bunch of other games in front of it in my priority list, so not very likely.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • dagon3dagon3 Member Posts: 117

For my employers? ive been playing everquest 2 for 4 years now lol.

Also the date i got was from the date it says it is going to ship if you pre order it. Maybe its wrong im just going by that.

I dont know if im going to play it honestly i know alot of games are going to the cash deal but i dont think diablo 3 should be one of them .

They did fine with D2 and regardless i think people are still going to find ways around buying things from other websites so they dont have to pay to list items.

From what i read you have to pay a small fee to list your items and then when it sells you and blizz both get a profit.

I think its a way for blizzard to make even more money and dont think it should be in the game.

Correct me if im wrong though.

Also is D3 not a mmo(massive multiplayer online roleplaying game?) LOL some people.

For 1 its online only,  for 2 its got massive amounts of people playing it,  for 3 its a roleplaying game.

Does this not qualify?

• APRIMEAPRIME Member UncommonPosts: 76

Originally posted by Warmaker

Wrong forum, D3 isn't an MMORPG.  Nice try advertising for your employers though.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/644/Diablo-3.html

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Not a chance with SWTOR now , and having a lot of fun, and GW2 soon...... no way

as for the real money auction house, i laugh at all the people that thing they will make money off this.

Very few will see success

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by SuprGamerX

Heh , No.

Simple answer right?  The game has been announced since what? 2007? You got Torchlight 2 coming out pretty soon and a few years later Torchlight the MMO that will simply blow blizzard's Diablowow (Because D3 is made by the WoW team btw) straight down to craper.

Blizzard think they can out smart the real creators of Diablo?  That's pretty much impossible , Blizzard is known to what it is today because of the first two Diablo's and not because of WoW. The first two diablo's helped Blizzard to have a strong fan base that , a few years later , moved into WoW. Without the success of the first two diablo's , WoW would of been crap. And people often forget about that. Forget Star Craft , if not for Korea, StarCraft 2 would of never been released and we still hear more about SC1 then SC2.

I'm skipping D3 and will support the Developers that really put me into PC gaming , and those developers are the originals of the Diablo series working on the Torchlight series. Those guys are the real master minds and geniuses in today's gaming.

Really?

Just....wow.

Yes I'll be playing BTW, since I enjoy WARCRAFT (You know - the actual precursor to WOW) and Diablo!

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Originally posted by helthros

However, I strongly disagree. I played the first Diablo when it came out and I can't wait to carpal tunnel with right-clicking madness -_-

I know from experience that there's no going back to a classic game, especially a rehashed version of it.  It may have looked and played fabulously back in the day, but seems shallow and unappealing after several decades of computer gaming.  EQ1 was a case in point - I LOVED that game, big-time, but when I reactivated my ancient account with the 45 days of free play I deleted the game within a day.  I wish I'd never done it, and thus left my memories untarnished.

It's like the shitty Star Wars films Lucas released after the original ones.  We all expected the original magic, wonder and the unforgettable characters we so loved... and we got Jar Jar Binks and shitloads of expensive but soulless CGI.

Originally posted by helthros

I know from experience that there's no going back to a classic game, especially a rehashed version of it.  It may have looked and played fabulously back in the day, but seems shallow and unappealing after several decades of computer gaming.  EQ1 was a case in point - I LOVED that game, big-time, but when I reactivated my ancient account with the 45 days of free play I deleted the game within a day.  I wish I'd never done it, and thus left my memories untarnished.

It's like the shitty Star Wars films Lucas released after the original ones.  We all expected the original magic, wonder and the unforgettable characters we so loved... and we got Jar Jar Binks and shitloads of expensive but soulless CGI.

On the topic of the newer Star Wars films, I think it's pretty obvious that they were trying to target a younger audience. I'm going to take a wild shot and assume that Lucas understood he already had a tight grip on the adult crowd that would be interested in Star Wars, if you look at the success of the Clone Wars cartoon etc you get the idea that he started trying to target the younger generation (hence the atrocity which was Jar Jar).

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

It is not coming out in Feb and I am NOT going to play D3.

Much better things to do than play D3, besides Blizzard does not do game I enjoy anymore, both my 'tastes' changed and Blizzard's focus is put in diffrent place as well. Not to mention I don't intend to support game with system like RMAH. Easy skip.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Nope, always on connection required DRM is a deal breaker for me. 

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• bambookbambook Member UncommonPosts: 180

what do you meen its a myth lol. I am in beta right now its awesome ! ran skeleton king like 300 times

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I wont be playing D3 at least not at lauch.

Im busy atm playing swtor and Guild Wars 2 will be coming sometime next year so.......

Maybe 6 months after lauch when prices go down but not much interested in it.

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

diablo ships in summer, they already told this. 

and how we know blizzard, it will be probatly fall

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Originally posted by Unreal024

No, I won't be playing it. I'm so disappointed with the direction that Blizzard has taken the game that it's better if I just pretend it doesn't exist. The Diablo series got me into gaming, it's sad that I won't be able to enjoy the third installment. But, life goes on in the hack'n'slash world, there's always Torchlight 2/ TL MMO and Path of Exile.

Look at Grim Dawn as well, from the guys/gals who made Titan Quest.

www.grimdawn.com

(can't make it a link for some reason)

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Diablo is a fun game, but it's simply is not worth 40-50 euro to me right now. Might get it later in the year at some stream of whatever deal..

Cant wait for the summer deals and pray it's in there :P