Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR an incredibly well made game

13»

Comments

• almalexiusalmalexius Member UncommonPosts: 180

I guess it's not for everybody. Game is completely on rails, well the first part is anyway. All the cutscenes aren't badly done but then again if i wanted to see a movie i would go see a movie. It's just another one of those shiny but bland efforts.

WOW,eq2,Vanguard,WAR,LOTRO,AOC,Rift Aion, SWTOR, TERA.

Currently playing GW2.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Game is HORRIBLY made, and is 100% on rails.

Replayability is about a 2/10 rating. You literally get bored about a couple hours into your 2nd character.

Game is completely shallow, no real depth or involvement on the player's part.

PvP, Arenas, and "Hutt Ball" are all a joke.

Players have ZERO attachment to the game as they cannot own:

-Property.

-REAL titles that have impact on the game world.

-Rare loot that not everyone and their mother can get with ease.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Replayability is about a 2/10 rating. You literally get bored about a couple hours into your 2nd character.

-Property.

So much misinformation in one post.  Congrats on fitting it all in.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Meridion

All I'm asking is that the game provides the features any half-way decent competetor has. If judging a game "as is" completely torn off context or anything to compare it to, how can you argue then.  

I wish you had read my post better... All of you said is something you dislike or miss in the game, however that does not imply it should be there. It's purely subjective based on your liking and expectations.

If the game should have all features, all because everyone is expecting something else, of any "half-decent" competitors, then there would be very little left for own game.

The development resources are limited and you have to decide how you distribute them. For every feature SWORT is lacking, there is a feature other games do not have.

How can you argue then? Why would you need to argue in the first place? o.O

• BlackdefBlackdef Member UncommonPosts: 55

-Property.

WOW the Hate is stong in this one! and totally WRONG

• jay8118jay8118 Member Posts: 29

Quest, well the best in any MMO bar none

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fanboi

You wanna know what the quests are like in tis game. Kill x amount of mobs. Bonus quest kill x amount of mobs. OR click this click that. TAHTS IT yes im seroius. no dynamic at all. The thing that makes players not pay attention to the killing and clicking is the cinematics and voicovers which I can admit are very good to listen to.

I have done about 90% of the quests through 6 months of beta testing leveld to 50 on 3 different occasions and builds. in this fail hard game people are saying is sooooooo good. LOL come on man. If it wasnt star wars themed it would be rated along with most of the FTP games

I wold take Aion's FTP coming in 2012 over this

love it hate dont give a sh!t

• jay8118jay8118 Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Blackdef

-Property.

WOW the Hate is stong in this one! and totally WRONG

Actually he is right about 90% of this

I did like the pvp, the problem was in beta players are retarted and didnt know a good way to play huttball.

[mod edit]

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by jay8118

FANBOI's stop getting so defensive since you lost SWG and this one is about to hit the tank. WTB new developer

First of all, addressing every person you disagree with as a "fanboi" is a quick way to get the axe from this board.  Second of all, "about to hit the tank?"  

LOL...you are truly precious.  Don't ever change.  I need a good laugh from time to time.

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

Originally posted by Gdemami

All I'm asking is that the game provides the features any half-way decent competetor has.

If judging a game "as is" completely torn off context or anything to compare it to, how can you argue then.  

I wish you had read my post better... All of you said is something you dislike or miss in the game, however that does not imply it should be there. It's purely subjective based on your liking and expectations.

If the game should have all features, all because everyone is expecting something else, of any "half-decent" competitors, then there would be very little left for own game.

The development resources are limited and you have to decide how you distribute them. For every feature SWORT is lacking, there is a feature other games do not have.

How can you argue then? Why would you need to argue in the first place? o.O

Because if we as players pour praise over praise mixed with adoration and more praise there will be no improvement at all.

Plus, the things I had listed are commonplace in other games (like a customizable gfx engine or a flexible UI, that's absolute basic stuff) PLUS unique features that SWTOR doesn't have, like dynamic world events in Rift, or open-zone RvR in WAR, non TAB based combat in AoC. Don't get me wrong, those games have their flaws too.

If you'd ask me what the best MMORPG release was during the last years I'd probably say Aion. I hated this game but it delivered everything you'd expect from this type of title. Extensive char customization, open persistent world with RvR and PvP, quests, raids, PvPvE raidquests, lots of classes, excellent animations, balanced combat, excellent performance while looking decent....

Again, all I'm saying is that in my opinion there is stuff that's required and expected for an over the top rating. What this stuff is is determined by what most comparable software delivers at a basic level (like a 3D engine, or a monthly fee between 10 and 15 bucks), not my or anyone elses preference. If you ask me for preference I'd list a whole lot of different things...

M

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Because if we as players pour praise over praise mixed with adoration and more praise there will be no improvement at all.

If you only ask for what is commonplace in other games, there will be no improvement either.

Since you are not reacting to anything I say, there is nothing more I can add...

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

If you only ask for what is commonplace in other games, there will be no improvement either.

Since you are not reacting to anything I say, there is nothing more I can add...

well i have. I said that there are features that are to be expected as a basic layout on which "preference features" can be added

BASICS (example)=customizable UI, armor dyes, thorough GFX adjustability

FEATURES (example)=world events, open PvP, housing, sandbox, RvR, all the stuff thats up there in the ads.

Yes, I agree, you can't expect everything anybody might prefer into a game. And no, you shouldn't rate a game based on features that are purely a question of taste. But you can expect a basic game to be there and expect a developer to invest as much as commonly required into the field to churn out the very basics.

M

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

Originally posted by Alx_Starfire

"Well Made" except for disappearing General/Guild/Party Chat, No mail between Mains and Alts, No preferences saved, broken missions and the list goes on.

And this thing was beta tested??

missions are not broken for the smuggler, ive done all of them up to lvl 50, all sidequests i could find so far. people call shinanigans of bugs but all they have to do is re read the mission and look a little and it works out. yeh guild windows are broken have to re load ui every now and then. ctrl U twice = temp fix. but i can not say it was flop of a game. im ready to start another toon and begin a new story. i just hope for warzone where people are 10 lvls apart. being boosted in stats does not give the skills the higher lvls have hahaha. world pvp is great fun.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

well i have. I said that there are features that are to be expected as a basic layout on which "preference features" can be added

BASICS (example)=customizable UI, armor dyes, thorough GFX adjustability

FEATURES (example)=world events, open PvP, housing, sandbox, RvR, all the stuff thats up there in the ads.

Yes, I agree, you can't expect everything anybody might prefer into a game. And no, you shouldn't rate a game based on features that are purely a question of taste. But you can expect a basic game to be there and expect a developer to invest as much as commonly required into the field to churn out the very basics.

M

1 out of your 3 basics isnt remotely basic, and one of the other 3 is on the way.  The GFX adjustability is probably fine for 95% of its customers, Ive never seen an ingame comment about it, thats for sure.  I know there was plenty for me to tweak, but like most people i dont have a top of the line system so I have no need for anything further.

For features, how can you expect world events in a week old game?  Give it time.  There is an entire planet for open PvP.  There is a form of housing.  There are companions.  Whatever the legacy system will be.  

If the rest of the game was shallow and bland like Rift then I would be more concerned with no macros.  But the stuff thats missing is easily fixable, whereas a lot of the stuff games like Rift and Aion lack isnt easily fixable.

• infliction79infliction79 Member Posts: 5

Glad your having a blast OP, yet to try SWTOR as im an Aussie and can't buy it yet, but looking forward to. Don't listen to any haters all that matter is that you enjoy it. Looking forward to a Bioware MMO as I really like the majority of their single player games as I am a RPGer from way back and the questing seems very interesting to me. A bit weary of the pvp system (versing 50's etc especailly by the time we get it in Australia) but that will not stop me from giving it a go as I am a pvp junkie and these classes look very intersting to me, hopefully they may make a few new servers for us newcomers.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Im having a blast too. By far the best leveling experience I have ever had in an mmo. My only issue with the game is it tends to get sluggish when I go indoors. But that willl be addressed as soon as I update my video card.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by ktanner3

Im having a blast too. By far the best leveling experience I have ever had in an mmo. My only issue with the game is it tends to get sluggish when I go indoors. But that willl be addressed as soon as I update my video card.

Game environment is what really kicks arse IMO. It has been over 5 yrs since I left EQ/MMOs, and man this game looks as good as some single player games.

I wouldnt mind more environment sounds eventually,but with all the nice looking backgrounds, and folks in zone, I sure dont wanna see them add anything right now that could possibly affect lag.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• almalexiusalmalexius Member UncommonPosts: 180

Great graphics only do not make a great game. For me it's all about gameplay.

WOW,eq2,Vanguard,WAR,LOTRO,AOC,Rift Aion, SWTOR, TERA.

Currently playing GW2.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i agree so far this game has been good, it's a really good get away mmo ( at least for me )

but the only thing that making this game a flaw is that, it has too much instance, which kinda kill it, but other than that

the gameplay is awesome, i give  this one to Bioware for making an awesome storyline of all the quests

So What Now?

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by Alx_Starfire

"Well Made" except for disappearing General/Guild/Party Chat, No mail between Mains and Alts, No preferences saved, broken missions and the list goes on.

And this thing was beta tested??

Mail between main and alts?  I mail my alts all kinds of stuff.......  This is probably the least bug free mmo launch ever.....

• TyrranosaurTyrranosaur Member UncommonPosts: 284

Originally posted by Kailash

Well I am lvl 40 now. I have to say this has so far been a GREAT experience.  I am really addicted. PVP so far is much better then most newly released games. Quest, well the best in any MMO bar none. Classes are very well balanced for bein newly released. No real negatives except the few bugs ive come across. The amount of negative comments on here is really surprising. Then again most people are idiots, what a coincidence....

Even though the gameplay is similar to WoW (which is'nt a bad thing) the game really does not give me a  WoW vibe. I never really experienced MMO like this which is really refreshing. Anyways you owe it to yourself to check this game out. The atmosphere is trully great, the voice acting is world class. The group instances are extremley well made. No game has done such a good job on instances ina newly released MMO, ever.

Back to lvling. See you guys there :D

Totally with you. This is my best MMO experience in at least 6 years, and its hard to imagine going back to the more mundane MMOs out there now that SWTOR shown just how well storytelling in an MMO can be done.

Current MMOs: Rift, GW2, Defiance
    Blog: http://realmsofchirak.blogspot.com (old school tabletop gaming and more)

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

I'm also loving the game, completly addicted as is most of my guild, the game is just awsome, dont your time trying to find the problems with it, just play.