Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you be subscribing after the first month?

Comments

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Why is answering No I troll attempt? Way to kill a discussion...
  • WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Absolutely this is the best game to come along in a very long time. The more I play the more I like it. People say this is WoW and that is just plain retarded. This game for me is nothing like WoW. I don't even see how anyone could even compare it to WoW. Other than the familiar interface of course. Wow sucks period now that Blizzard massacared it's own creation. I predict this game will have twice the number of subs WoW ever had in the future. Anyone who still prefers WoW to this is in my opinion ....is just braindead ignorant and I will never understand that mentality.

Originally posted by Ridrith

Forget subscribing after, I couldn't be bothered subscribing or even buying the game in the first place.  I played an hour of the beta and quickly figured out that it's just World of Warcraft under the guise fo a space-opera setting.  Same boring, tired path that all the other games have shown us in the last few years.

/Yawnfest.

Most ignorant reply I have yet seen on this site and that is going to extremes unheard of.

Originally posted by Aguitha

Originally posted by krakken

no after 2 days and maybe 10 hours of playtime i'm done with this game.

i will not even use the rest of my free time (28 days) this game is not worth my time

Pretty much my beta experience, i saved 50$.

LMAO

Some of you people on this site just kill me  so I'm shutting up now and off to play SW-ToR. See you all in game. Screw mmorpg.com. I'm cancelling my account here cause this game sucks most of all!

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Name 1 game better then Swtor, I dare you lol.... there is none, just stop hating you lose haters, Swtor is a massive hit.

Yes I will go as far as saying it's a WoW killer, this will be the number 1 MMO in the world in a years time.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Why in the hell didn't you make this a poll?  No

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

<blockquote>
    <i>Originally posted by tixylix</i>
    <p><b> [...]</b></p>
    <p><b>I just feel like I'll get my experience of SWTOR within the first month and it isn't worth a monthly subscription. SWTOR just feels more like a coop game you play every once in awhile for a laugh with your mates. It doesn't feel like an MMO world where I want to spend my time in for months at a time paying a subscription for it. If the game was F2P then I'd carry on playing it on and off every once in awhile, I just cannot justify paying a subscription so I wont be playing. </b></p>
    </blockquote>
    <p>In my opinion the question you are asking here will get better and accurate answers near the end of the first 30 days, I'm really curious to know about it but right now most people is still in the launch hype, even the ones whi joined the early access are probably like that yet, I supose.</p>
    <p>Anyway, to give some kind of answer, even with all the negative posting we see about this game I still plan on buying it, after Xmas. And If I plan on buying, I probably plan on subbing.</p>

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Originally posted by Warjin

Name 1 game better then Swtor, I dare you lol.... there is none, just stop hating you lose haters, Swtor is a massive hit.

Yes I will go as far as saying it's a WoW killer, this will be the number 1 MMO in the world in a years time.

You going for fanboi of the year or what?

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264

Originally posted by Chaosspeeder

I love the game. I will subscribe for min. 6 month. I want to play every character class cause of the story.

Me also.  I get so wrapped up in the storys I never notice any sort of grind and I curse whenever I go up a level.  I don't want it to end. :)

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Margulis

You going for fanboi of the year or what?

"Better" is a very broad term..

There are dozens of "Games" better than SW:TOR.
    There are dozens of MMORPGS that do the Massively Multiplayer aspect better than SW:TOR.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Well, It's a online game I'll give you that, but not much of an mmo. Just sit back relax and let BioWare play if for you.

It's too soon to say it's a massive hit. 

• DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175

NO subscribtion to me !

If bioware thinks we are not good enough to be able to preorder their product we are not good enough to pay monthly sub for it.

• MadragonMadragon Member UncommonPosts: 42

Yes, it is a fun solid game. 

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

yep 3 months in advance after all got 4 characters to level to 50 and only lvl 25 after a week. and vacation comes to a close soon.

this is sucha  solid fun game.

• ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469

Originally posted by Puremallace

Originally posted by Icewhite

Well, if you're looking for an accurate picture of the game's quality, I think asking at the end of Jan. would be a better reflection.  Once the lookie-loos are gone (30 days free) who never intended to sub under any circumstance, you can probably get a much more accurate picture.

But hmm, right now it looks like a sub for me.  Glass is half full, not half empty.

Yeah you can ussualy break it down into a few catagories and I am sure Bioware has this info as well

1. People only there for the first 30 days

2. People looking for a good first impression

3. People who believe the game will get better, so they will sub to find out

4. Fanboys going to sub no matter what happens

5. People watching from the outside to see what subs look like in a month

6. People only sub'd as long as their guild is playing and will leave if they do

7. Haters who wanted TOR to be a sandbox and never intend on playing

^ Break down down into a pie chart or whatever you want. Most of us fall into the above.

true.

i'm at 5

• Castlead1z1Castlead1z1 Member UncommonPosts: 100

I'll probably play the game in like a year from now lol or wen the box price drops to like 15€ or so, because i know it wont get me stuck for more then a month...same as Rift....

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Originally posted by Margulis

Why in the hell didn't you make this a poll?  No

I've said because polls are not representative of the current players on free forums, you'd only get a reliable result on the SWTOR forums because you have to own the game to post.

• Sky.FalconSky.Falcon Member UncommonPosts: 60

I dont think I have ever been so addicted to an mmo since WoW first came out, yes I will subscribe again

Pretty much played every MMO that's come out since WoW.../sigh
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Yes, for how long I don't know, but for now yes I'll resub.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

In first 10 minutes I already know (have not played beta, not even watching a lot on youtube gameplay) i will be subscribed for at least few months in which time I will be leveling all possible alts. Up to lv. 11 with 4 alts I have not encountered single bug, 2 tiny graphics glitches, no lag .... awesome game. Was love at first sight.

• mxishmxish Member Posts: 31

will not be subbing (atleast thats how i feel about the game atm, only have 6 1/2 hrs into it.)    The game gets extremly repetative. Everything pull is the SAME button spam. If you like story then i guess you might like the voice overs, they are done well... however,  however i find myself spacing though them now after listening to all of them up to about lvl 11.

The game is poilished, does not feel like a beta,  but there is honestly nothing special about this mmo. 3 months from now it will be dropping subs.  Its good enough to keep a solid player base... it MIGHT keep 1 mill subs  in the end, but this is not going to be any wow killer thats for sure.

If I wrote a review about this game even a day ago, i would have talked it up... but the more i play, the heaveir my eyes get.

For me, it was a waste of money

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Definitely subbing. This game is quite fun, polished, and offers either enough new things or twists on old mechanics to keep me occupied for quite a while. Endgame is a concern admittedly, but if it truly is bad then there's always alts to level.

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

yes 6 subscriptions here, mine, wife and 4 friends all of us having a blast.

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615

To early to ask this tbh, should ask when there's about a week left or less till first month runs out.. Then the "new" feel will be gone.