Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announced Customer Service Phone Support is now Unavailable

flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507

I have  never ever once wrote one bad thing about any MMO ever on a forum but this is ridiculous on how Bioware has started out with SWTOR.  Now they just posted that their Customer Service Phone Support is now unavailable to paying customers.  How do you completely shutoff your customers?  Sorry but they are really going to lose a lot of customers soon and it sucks because many of us want to play the game but they are making it very difficult to support them.  Like i said this is my first negative post ever about any game but this launch has been horrible.

Comments

• keitholikeitholi Member UncommonPosts: 140

Game launch has been horrible? For you maybe. The launch in general went very smooth and I have over 50 guildmates who are all in and playing without a single hitch.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

The ONLY reason you would have to call Customer Service is if you failed to answer YOUR security questions.  

I have a whole guild on as well and minus a bit of business this morning, this has been a far better launch than most.  I'm not sure how 1 particular constitutes such a HORRIBLE launch.

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507

Originally posted by keitholi

Game launch has been horrible? For you maybe. The launch in general went very smooth and I have over 50 guildmates who are all in and playing without a single hitch.

Yes it has and i have been playing too.  But staggered release is horrible,  not being able to update your account to play is horrible because i did pay for the game and shutting down your phone lines is horrible.  To me that is a horrible launch, i am not talking about in game stuff but how Bioware is handling the game.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Well when their forcing people to put in a sub plan in order to play the game even though the free 30 day time is still going and em practically shutting down the website it only figures that the phone line support has just gone *poof*.  I've heard people bash on EA but srsly this is getting ridiculous.

Originally posted by Ikeda

The ONLY reason you would have to call Customer Service is if you failed to answer YOUR security questions.  

I have a whole guild on as well and minus a bit of business this morning, this has been a far better launch than most.  I'm not sure how 1 particular constitutes such a HORRIBLE launch.

You are wrong,  My security questions have been updated for a while so dont tell my why i need to call them.  I do need to add my subscriptions which i should be able to do anytime.  I PAID to play the first 30 days and i cant play.  And their systems sucks so bad that i cant update my account.  And how can you explain a good reason for not answering your damn phone lines to paying customers?   You should ALWAYS be available to your customers,  that is business common sense.

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Originally posted by flguy147

You are wrong,  My security questions have been updated for a while so dont tell my why i need to call them.  I do need to add my subscriptions which i should be able to do anytime.  I PAID to play the first 30 days and i cant play.  And their systems sucks so bad that i cant update my account.  And how can you explain a good reason for not answering your damn phone lines to paying customers?   You should ALWAYS be available to your customers,  that is business common sense.

Yep, the launch is going badly unfortunately as the game is great. I have not ran into to many issues, but Bioware/EA is managing the game horribly right now.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

Oh wait... even better.  You waited until the 2 free days grace they GAVE you was up before you attempted to put it in.

"Failing to do your job, does not constitute an emergency on mine".  

You've had your key HOW long and didn't set up a sub?  And the fact that there are notifications ALL OVER THE PLACE that they are having THOUSANDS of people rushing to do the same thing... yea... 

Seriously... how hard is it to type in a key as soon as you get it?  OH I need to put in a credit card/prepaid card (same as EVERY OTHER MODERN AAA MMO)? Ok... type type type.

P.S.  You paid for a key that should have been put in.  Until you put the key into the system you don't own the game.   They warned you.  There were launcher warnings and forum warnings and warnings on twitter.   It's not necessarily YOUR fault in particular but since the MASSES all en masse ignored the need to do so, there is now a log jam this morning.  (surprise surprise)

I WISH Bioware would have held it's own and done ZERO grace period.  Would have shown a LOT of people.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Ambros123

Well when their forcing people to put in a sub plan in order to play the game even though the free 30 day time is still going and em practically shutting down the website it only figures that the phone line support has just gone *poof*.  I've heard people bash on EA but srsly this is getting ridiculous.

Ya, them handling there sub like every other mmo company, and having there website get hammered with traffic sure shows how crappy they are, they should learn that nifty trick you seem to know that makes your websites impervious to downtime.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Whether the launch is going great or going horrible is a side point to this thread IMO.  The real question is what the issue is with phone support.  Is it a permanent decision, a short term decision.  I don't know.  I think phone support is preferable, but not necessarily required.  I would like to know the answer, because it is definitely a plus when rating a companies customer service capability.

I self identify as a monkey.

Oh wait... even better.  You waited until the 2 free days grace they GAVE you was up before you attempted to put it in.

You've had your key HOW long and didn't set up a sub?  And the fact that there are notifications ALL OVER THE PLACE that they are having THOUSANDS of people rushing to do the same thing... yea... 

Seriously... how hard is it to type in a key as soon as you get it?  OH I need to put in a credit card/prepaid card (same as EVERY OTHER MODERN AAA MMO)? Ok... type type type.

I PAID FOR 30 DAYS ALREADY!!!!  So i should be able to play for the time i paid for period.  Also do you not realize that this is many people's FIRST MMO ever and what the hell does every other MMO have to do with SWTOR?  I paid for 30 days of SWTOR not 30 days of ever other MMO.   2nd of all i didnt know i had to do that by today because i do a life and have real life obligations so i dont sit there and check updates 24/7.  But today i had the day off and wanted to play and i cant.   Also your quote about failing to do you job is joke,  I am a paying customer not and employee getting paid to do a job.   

I PAID FOR 30 DAYS ALREADY!!!!  So i should be able to play for the time i paid for period.  Also do you not realize that this is many people's FIRST MMO ever and what the hell does every other MMO have to do with SWTOR?  I paid for 30 days of SWTOR not 30 days of ever other MMO.   2nd of all i didnt know i had to do that by today because i do a life and have real life obligations so i dont sit there and check updates 24/7.  But today i had the day off and wanted to play and i cant.   Also your quote about failing to do you job is joke,  I am a paying customer not and employee getting paid to do a job.   

No, you paid for a GAME.  The game COMES with 30 days of play time.  ONCE YOU TYPE YOUR KEY INTO THE SYSTEM.

And for the record.. there ARE such things as bad customers.  It's far better to sometimes write the ones off you DON'T want because even if they catered to your every need they STILL wouldn't necessarily secure your future business.  

Finally, how could you not know?  You didn't know you got a game with a key?  You didn't know you had to type the said key into the little box?  Or are you just burnt because they only gave you two days and you expected to get another free 5-7 days out of it?

Again,  not attacking you.  But with the sheer amount of trolls out there it's HARD to see how this is anyones fault  but the masses for waiting ONCE AGAIN until the very last minute.

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

P.S.  You paid for a key that should have been put in.  Until you put the key into the system you don't own the game.   They warned you.  There were launcher warnings and forum warnings and warnings on twitter.   It's not necessarily YOUR fault in particular but since the MASSES all en masse ignored the need to do so, there is now a log jam this morning.  (surprise surprise)

I WISH Bioware would have held it's own and done ZERO grace period.  Would have shown a LOT of people.

Hrm, and what about those people that actually did not get their keys until today or yesterday? That was the point of the grace period, also our lack to input a code 2 days earlier does not excuse them from everything. They knew today the site would get hammered, so should have compensated for that fact, the management from Bioware is freaking horrible. They shut down the phones, staggered access caused a lot of fuss and did absolutely no good since queues are just as bad and servers have crashed a few times, no communication(or back and forth like the grace period), not listening to their own community, no server forums, etc. The game is awesome, but Bioware has no clue what the hell they are doing unfortunately.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

It really doesn't matter if the OP wore white after labor day, the point is that the CS Phone Support appears to have been made unavailable.

Is there a solid reason for this decision?

[edit] from the post from AmberGreen (BW), it appears to be an unplanned issue, rather than a decision.

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665

No, you paid for a GAME.  The game COMES with 30 days of play time.  ONCE YOU TYPE YOUR KEY INTO THE SYSTEM.

And for the record.. there ARE such things as bad customers.  It's far better to sometimes write the ones off you DON'T want because even if they catered to your every need they STILL wouldn't necessarily secure your future business.  

Finally, how could you not know?  You didn't know you got a game with a key?  You didn't know you had to type the said key into the little box?  Or are you just burnt because they only gave you two days and you expected to get another free 5-7 days out of it?

Again,  not attacking you.  But with the sheer amount of trolls out there it's HARD to see how this is anyones fault  but the masses for waiting ONCE AGAIN until the very last minute.

Paying for the game includes the 30 days of play time, so yes he did in fact pay for 30 days of play time. Additionally, just typing in your code does not give you 30 days of playtime. You still need to add a payment method(credit card).

He isn't a bad customer though. All of this is in fact Bioware and EA's fault, judging from Warhammers launch i'd say it is all Biowares. Mythic had a few of the same hiccups(late shipping) and extended their 1 week grace period(already 3x Biowares) to 2 full weeks. Bioware could have easily done this but didn't.

There was actually an issue with inputting keys incase you didn't know. If you input your key to early the subscription system was not in place. So while the customer felt they had done everything, they still get the no subscription. Then there is the issue that certain credit/debit cards are not accepted. I highly doubt someone is going to go get a new card just to subscribe to a MMO if they only have 1. Then there are people who just didn't get a code with their game or the code was already used. What do you expect them to do in 1-2 days? Those are all 100% Biowares fault.

Bioware failed in multiple ways:

• Releasing over a Holiday

• Poor communication

• Staggered launch while instancing zones

• Poor customer service

• Large in-game bugs(taris, class stories broken, poor game performance, buggy EV, etc)

• Not accepting certain credit/debit cards

• Games without keys in them

• Keys that were already used

Probably more too. While the game itself isn't vangaurd level buggy or crashing every 30 minutes, the launch was far from good.

• cabgoldcabgold Member UncommonPosts: 3

I have been playing for about a week. Two issues:

1.  Queues for the three severs I have toons are LONG.  Everytime I have made a new toon on a lighly populated server - bam it all the sudden is overcrowded and LONG queue time (1 hour +)

2.  My account keeps getting locked out.  I put in user name and password and get a msg that I have failed to answer security question correctly.  However, when this happens, I am never given the chance to ever enter my info!  It goes straight to lock out.  The only way to get in unlocked is through phone support.  Phone support has either been down, hour+ long wait or hour wait and then phone line drops!  If you email customer support it takes at least 1 day for them to respond to say that you have to use the non-existant or non-responsive phone support!  In fact, you can't even log in through their web site because of this!

The neeed to remove the BS security question thing and just allow u to use keyFOB or iphone app for code generation!