Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could say I told you so..

Comments

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Originally posted by Sorrow

Exactly as I have said for the past few months Bioware and EA have zero experience with MMOS, now we are getting to see just a small part of the incompetance and lack of experience I have been warning about.

The big question now..

Are you still as big a fan now as you have been ? 

Forgot the "/sarcasm" from the end? Best mmo launch up to date propably, very few issues, no lag, no crashes etc. I've never had so smooth launch, for that reason I guess I hope more companies with zero experience makes mmo's!

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by Kuinn

Forgot the "/sarcasm" from the end? Best mmo launch up to date propably, very few issues, no lag, no crashes etc. I've never had so smooth launch, for that reason I guess I hope more companies with zero experience makes mmo's!

Best mmo launch? Server staggering that solved absolutely nothing....Taris crashing and sometimes destroyig peopes computers(still waiting on a hotfix)...not 1 but 3 game breaking exploits that have not been hotfixed(not going to list them or I get banned)...multiple bosses in the flashpoints that are bugged or broken...Eternity Vault has multiple bugged and broken bosses + you can not actually loot any of the bosses.

Then also add in the fact thanks to them taking their time opening servers they now have 10 servers that will remain low pop. They sure as hell will never offer free transfers because this is EA afetr all, so guild who were FORCED to roll on full servers are now screwed.

Now add on to the fact they let people create accounts without credit card info probably 50% of the playerbase is locked out of their accounts and they just crashed the website.

All TOR is doing everyday is making Rift and WoW look great

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508

Originally posted by wireded21

I think everyone including the fanbois will admit that the launch has nose dived and so the subscriptions will also after a month or 2.

Shame, another MMO with lots of potential...

Planetside 2 coming next year, a change of pace to an MMOFPS maybe...

i disagree 100%. i think the launch was awesome!!! other then long queues which was expected, my game has been extremely stable and enjoyable!

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Exactly as I have said for the past few months Bioware and EA have zero experience with MMOS, now we are getting to see just a small part of the incompetance and lack of experience I have been warning about.

The big question now..

You could say "I told you so." but you'd be wrong so I hope you aren't trying to lol. Games pretty much a massive success, people are having fun, so......... no idea what you would be saying I told you so about?

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Originally posted by Puremallace

Best mmo launch? Server staggering that solved absolutely nothing....Taris crashing and sometimes destroyig peopes computers(still waiting on a hotfix)...not 1 but 3 game breaking exploits that have not been hotfixed(not going to list them or I get banned)...multiple bosses in the flashpoints that are bugged or broken...Eternity Vault has multiple bugged and broken bosses + you can not actually loot any of the bosses.

Then also add in the fact thanks to them taking their time opening servers they now have 10 servers that will remain low pop. They sure as hell will never offer free transfers because this is EA afetr all, so guild who were FORCED to roll on full servers are now screwed.

Now add on to the fact they let people create accounts without credit card info probably 50% of the playerbase is locked out of their accounts and they just crashed the website.

An LOL is all that is worth

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

"I've never had so smooth launch"

Also I dont know personally anyone who had trouble with the launch (as the staggering obviously before the game was even launched is not a problem), but ofcourse not everyone was lucky enough to get perfect launch, I was, for the first time in the genre's history and everyone I know. I'm sorry to hear if you had problems.

• JarazarJarazar Member Posts: 231

I am a bigger fan now. I used to be a hater, but the game is amazing.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Scrolled through all the pages. Didn't notice the OP returning. I noticed that happens in certain types of threads... image

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I have had issues, bugged mobs, bugged harvesting nodes, but nothing huge....

MY main is only like level 23, so I can't give an account of the whole game yet...I only play my main when me and the wife can play, since the game is a little limited, due to being railed, quest wise...Don't want to have to redo a bunch of quests to let her 'catch up'.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

I predict  WoW will continue to lose playerbase,

I predict SWTOR will lose population after the free month,

I predict GW2 will have a huge surge in sales followed by fewer sales of expansions after that,

I predict XXX game will come out and it will have a smaller population after the initial 30 days.

These predictions are silly.  Just about any game will lose subscriptions after the initial surge.  Just as they will consolidate servers after a while because they always start out with an overabundance of gamers during the beginning.

Predict something that doesn't have a 95% chance of happening, and lets talk.

I self identify as a monkey.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Exactly as I have said for the past few months Blizzard has zero experience with MMOS, now we are getting to see just a small part of the incompetance and lack of experience I have been warning about.

The big question now..

See now I just changed one word and your entire statement would fit in for WoW's launch back in 2004...

MOST companies don't have MMO experience before they make their first one, however making the statement that they will do poorly because of that is straight up foolish.  They are game makers, you are thereby stating that an MMO is either A. not a game or B. some how more difficult to produce than other games.  Which both of those things are simply even more silly tacked on top of absolutely silly.

Game is fantastic, you are a naysayer.  I'm sorry you can't see the forest from the trees, perhaps you'll look back on this at some point and a moment of clarity will occur when you realize this is like EVERY OTHER MMO launch.  History flows like a River, and you sir are a Salmon.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Originally posted by Icewhite

Originally posted by matraque

What are you talking about!  I'm dying to know.

I think his work here is done.  A vague, undefined complaint jacks seven pages anyway.

Sorrow is a she and if you look at her post history you'll see the irony in here chosen MMORPG name. I hopw she has a nice Christmas and plays  atonne of her favorite games I know I will.

Merry christmas all. 

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

I think everyone including the fanbois will admit that the launch has nose dived and so the subscriptions will also after a month or 2.

How has it no dived exactly?  Going amazingly well...

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I was in beta since early summer. I knew I liked it then. Now that it's actually out and my guild is there, I'm enjoying it even more.

My answer: bigger fan today than I was 4 months ago. Bioware is not showing their inexperience in the genre, in fact they are doing a better job than most mmo veteran devs.

So yeah, I guess I'm the one who should be saying I told you so.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360

The big question now..

Even more so now that it's released.  Thank you.

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

Originally posted by dubyahite

I was in beta since early summer. I knew I liked it then. Now that it's actually out and my guild is there, I'm enjoying it even more.

My answer: bigger fan today than I was 4 months ago. Bioware is not showing their inexperience in the genre, in fact they are doing a better job than most mmo veteran devs.

So yeah, I guess I'm the one who should be saying I told you so.

Really? How so? Do tell how they are doing so great or do you think mmo staggering that screwed thousands of people out of play time was a good idea or how about the fisaco that took down their website today.

Did I mention the game breaking end game exploits people are abusing heavily right now? How about the face roll content guilds are plowing through, eventhough the bosses are so bugged they are not even dropping loot?

Star Wars has made people completely blind to what a good mmo launch looks like.

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360

Is this a fake post?  How on EARTH has this launch "nose dived" ?  Is this the criteria for nose diving and failing?  I see so much negativity on this forum...it's hard to get past what is real and what isn't.  I don't care if you love this game or hate this game....it was an amazing and professional job bringing up these servers with a polished and enjoyable game behind it.  

It sounds more like the "haters" are starting to stretch the truth to say it's failing already.  Sure it may fail...but it didn't yet.  Just hold your horses :)

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

What exploits? They don't work. Try to duplicate the PvP exploit. Doesn't work.

The staggering didn't screw people over. They warned everyone how it would go. People cried about having to wait a couple days TO GET IN EARLY. the staggering kept the servers up and running and lag free.

The game has worked perfectly for me since day one. Never been disconnected, not one crash. Absolutely ZERO lag.

I haven't seen a single boss that doesn't drop loot out of 6 instances. That was a beta issue, resolved now.

If people plow through conger at break neck speed, that is their own fault. They are skipping 90% of the game so actually they aren't seeing any of the content. Not the games fault, they are just idiots.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

And OMG a website went down! That never happens when millions of people slam the server at the same time.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

ive been playing since day 1 hr 1 of earlya ccess my highst character is a 25 why, because im taken my time , enjoying the scenery of star wars

I am not a power leveler and my gf expects me to spend time with her and while i play a couple characters with her she expects me to watch tv and hang out with her and talk 

so i maybe get 3 hrs a day to play by myself. I love this game and they just fixed the one big issue game had in taris

i have had minimal lag , never disconnected never had bad framerates and i run game on high, i have had ques but no more then 10 mins

this game runs freaking great for a just launched game.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

The big question now..

HOLD on...I am pretty sure I can TOLD YOU SO... you did good too

Bland, Cookie Cutter with nothing new

General Discussion « Star Wars: The Old Republic

12/07/11 4:48:52 AM

SWTOR bores the absolute hell outta me, 

I have NEVER been this bored with any AAA title ever made. The scary part is, you can't even say this is a POS game wrapped in a pretty package, the graphics are subpar for this point in the evolution of the industry. Personally I just do not get the appeal at all.

I tested every class to 50 and there just is nothing in this whole damn game that deserves an ounce of the hype this game is getting. I just can not get my head around it.

Oh and get ready for an amazingly bad launch, the servers are so piss poor that they have to stagger yall in like games use to do 10 years ago... hello, the technology has evolved. Moo Moo Move along the shoot little cow, the next cow is coming in behind you.

One thing they did not take into account, their website and forums are on the same server farm as thier game servers, and even though I pointed this out during beta multiple times, it was never corrected.

SO, headstart day 1, they bring up the servers, but guess what all the impatient kids out there are piled up on the forums, eat up the bandwidth, overwhealm the server farm, and crash the servers over and over as people are trying to log in and make characters.

Mannnnn, you confused the hell out of me, especially the highlighted red part did that to me.

How is it even possible a person is able to play a game that he finds boring yet tested every class to lvl 50??

Sorry I don't get it.

Regardless me being a Star Wars fan the game didn't spark for me to get the game, I might in time. But I do believe it's a solid online game, yet the things that appeal to me in a MMORPG way where things I never read about or have seen.

To OP: I am sure that many people including me would like to see you explain what you mean with "I Told You So"??

• KaoftheRoseKaoftheRose Member UncommonPosts: 73

i dont see anyone admitting the launch has nose dived....because it hasnt....

the game has millions of people playing right now....and more will be after christmas. how is that a nose dive?

Originally posted by Reklaw

Mannnnn, you confused the hell out of me, especially the highlighted red part did that to me.

To OP: I am sure that many people including me would like to see you explain what you mean with "I Told You So"??

Sorry I checked his post history to see if he was just talking out of his ass and it backs up his dislike for the game even before it launched, so he has a bit of credibility.

Not sure about the each class to 50 thing.

So many people posting here saying that they are even bigger fans than before...who told who what now?

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

FYI, people won't realize flaws and all who are rampant fangasming until about a month after. Can't say "told you so" until that actually happens. I bought AoC and I was reluctant to put it down and say 'no' until several weeks after I got it, in which i realized "Why did I get this?"