Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: Beta Signups are Live

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Via a post on their official Facebook page, we've learned that SOE and Planetside 2 have not only refreshed their entire website design, but also that beta signups have begun for the anticipated MMOFPS. From the official site:

Be one of the elite players to beta test this highly-anticipated shooter! We need your participation and feedback to make this a truly epic, genre-defining game!

Head on over to Planetside 2's newly redesigned site and signup for the beta too!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• AzmodaiAzmodai Member UncommonPosts: 154

i hope that the BETA starts soon xD this is awesome.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

This is a sci-fi FPS, right?  Sorry, just not sure.

• blbetablbeta Member UncommonPosts: 144

Ehh... sci-fi ish.  Still similar to many weapons/vehicles you see today.  Part 1 had, ATVs, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks, Bombers, Troop Ships, Fighters and more.  Still there is a sci-fi feel, but not as much as Startrek or Starwars universe.

So yes it is sci-fi but not all laser beams and what not.  A mix depending on your faction.

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Edit: ^ Gave a much better answer

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I signed up.  Would be nice to be selected, but so long as the game is fun and exciting, I can wait for it.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

This is the most anticipated game for 2012 in my books. Loved the original PlanetSide and will probably love this too. Can't wait!

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

games looking amazing so far.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

PS has always been Sci Fi MMOFPS, though you have the TR who are ballistic  and more classic in weaponry. Planetside 1 was out even before the first xbox console was on the market, you could say Halo is Planetside  in some of its look and feel. Just as everybody seems to be comparing anything fps to COD, when the genre has a rich history of games that shaped it before the Pc exclusive that  was COD wondered off over to the consoles. PS has so much that's it's own ID, but newer, younger gamers won't realized having cut their teeth on  Halo & COD and will scream Copycat at SOE

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

So is it like.... All Points Bulletin?  Or....?

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

If All Points Bulletin has battles of 3 factions with 200+ players on each side, fighting over a huge military base with tanks, APCs, gunships and other stuff.

Then yes, it's like All Points Bulletin.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by tom_gore

If All Points Bulletin has battles of 3 factions with 200+ players on each side, fighting over a huge military base with tanks, APCs, gunships and other stuff.

LOL... I'm surprised someone actually made the comparison. In APB all I did was get forced into 4 v 4 objective-based team deathmatces. I wished it was on a much largeer scale. At least 12 v 12.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Whoot.... Too bad I NEVER get into any betas that I want.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

No, planetside (2) is a real MMOFPS

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

Originally posted by tom_gore

200+?

if i am not mistaken, it's totally open world right? so no instance at all?

if it is, i could see like 5000+ in 1 map?? ( well considering how popular this game is )

So What Now?

Originally posted by TweFoju

if i am not mistaken, it's totally open world right? so no instance at all?

if it is, i could see like 5000+ in 1 map?? ( well considering how popular this game is )

No instances, but due to technical limitations there might be a population cap on each continent where the fighting is going on. The original PlanetSide had these and you had to queue to enter the continents that were full.

I would suppose it will be the same case with PlanetSide 2.

However, no one will force you to stuff yourself into the full continent. Just go to another and start capping bases. Sooner or later the enemy will be forced to respond.

• logan400klogan400k Member UncommonPosts: 68

Now with SWTOR out this is the biggest one on my watch list, although GW2 and Secret World are up there as well. Only way I could be more stoked is if someone picked up Earth & Beyond for a redux.

Just My 2 Lunars

• ravtecravtec Member Posts: 214

Omg that movie managed to make my neck hair stand, a shame i missed planetside1 i never even heard of that game until planetside2 was announced.

Alot depend on how they handle the item store if ill join this game long term, 1 thing is for sure im deffently gonna try it out