Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Never played a single minute of the NGE

DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

(and somwewhat proud of it)

who else didn't touched that POS $OE thought at us that was NGE ?

I am a pure PRE - NGE'r and my respect goes to pure PRE CU 'r  who even didn't touched and resisted even the CU.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Comments

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

I was starting to like the CU and could see what SOE wanted to do with the game. People were moaning that you couldn't mix non combat professions with combat ones and that is a fair point but not many people did that anyways. It did need some work but I could see if coming together and they had things like Squad Leader and Ranger fixes in the works but then the NGE was announced after ToOW. 

Remember that post of that guy saying something like "my friends uncle was in a focus group for this NGE" and everyone flamed him saying it cannot be true and SOE would never do that to the game.

Sad times.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

I am a pure PRE - NGE'r and my respect goes to pure PRE CU 'r  who even didn't touched and resisted even the CU.

That is a shame, you missed out big time. You can not call it a POS if you never played it, and the NGE ended up being awesome in the end. To base an opinion off of others is nothing to do be proud of.

As for the sig - you never won, as  both SW MMOs could not run side by side, and SWTOR won by default. If SWG stayed active and then bombed with the release of SWTOR and then closed then you would have won, but if SWG did not close I reckon people would have left SWTOR and started playing SWG, killing SWTOR. Most posts I see on the official forums is from people negatively criticising SWTOR, even ones who did not like/play SWG. I do not see people playing SWTOR much after 6 months, if that.

SWTOR will be great and all and give a better experiemnce than SWG, but will be short lived. SWGs systems kept you hooked for eternity. I could never see myself quitting SWG, even after playing it solidly from July 2003. I can not see myself playing SWTOR after a few months

Also SOE is not solely responsible for the NGE, it was LA who are the main culprits, as they were the ones who agreed on it. SW is LAs IP and baby, not SOEs. If SOE solely were responsible, then LA would have sued SOE and/or pulled the SW licence from SOE and SWG would have shut down in 2006 or 2007.

If you avoided SWG NGE then you will need to avoid SWTOR as well.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

My ideal SWG would be the preNGE skillsystem combined with later NGE features and content on top of a rewritten graphics engine. Without the TCG of course. Oh and flying ewoks, unless you get to hunt and kill them.

• Ayupan23Ayupan23 Member Posts: 47

The NGE was it's best right before the Ent revamp that brought the buff wars.... Oddly the thing they always said they wanted to get away from. I played Pre-Cu, And CU i think i enjoyed CU more though. That's probably because i was a jedi then though haha. I do miss old SWG though wish those other guys could get it done!

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by superniceguy

That is a shame, you missed out big time. You can not call it a POS if you never played it, and the NGE ended up being awesome in the end. To base an opinion off of others is nothing to do be proud of.

As for the sig - you never won, as  both SW MMOs could not run side by side, and SWTOR won by default. If SWG stayed active and then bombed with the release of SWTOR and then closed then you would have won, but if SWG did not close I reckon people would have left SWTOR and started playing SWG, killing SWTOR. Most posts I see on the official forums is from people negatively criticising SWTOR, even ones who did not like/play SWG. I do not see people playing SWTOR much after 6 months, if that.

SWTOR will be great and all and give a better experiemnce than SWG, but will be short lived. SWGs systems kept you hooked for eternity. I could never see myself quitting SWG, even after playing it solidly from July 2003. I can not see myself playing SWTOR after a few months

It was a buggy and uninspired POS! I played all 3 versions. I can state that the NGE took away more than just a few professions and destroyed the original strength of the game, the community. SOE never understood what they had - before twitter, before MySpace, before facebook, there was the social game SWG.

And you're wrong. 2 Star Wars MMOs CAN co-exist and DO co-exist (both licensed too). To state otherwise is ignorant and false.

Originally posted by TUX426

It was a buggy and uninspired POS! I played all 3 versions. I can state that the NGE took away more than just a few professions and destroyed the original strength of the game, the community. SOE never understood what they had - before twitter, before MySpace, before facebook, there was the social game SWG.

And you're wrong. 2 Star Wars MMOs CAN co-exist and DO co-exist (both licensed too). To state otherwise is ignorant and false.

Then why release SWTOR on Dec 20th, and have early access initially on Dec 15th, and have SWG close on Dec 15th?

Dec 20th is a crappy date for a MMO launch, it does not give enough time to get the game out to people, and held up with all the christmas rush. SWTOR could have been released ages ago if it did not need to wait for SWG to shut down. It only got a set date for Dec 20th from so long ago, as they knew it would be 100% ready guarnteed. Any problems now will not be dealt with until the New Year, unless staff will be working all over christmas.

If SWG got shut down last year or next year, and not out with the old, and in with the new, straight after one another, then what what I say would be false, but the way it has all gone down, to say otherwise is ignorant

There is no other SW MMO, and CWA does not count as it is a F2P thing, and is no where near the same calibre as SWG or SWTOR. You can not go roaming around in it and visiting the worlds like you can SWG or SWTOR.

SWTOR is an uninspired POS! Each to their own.

• LowcaianLowcaian Member Posts: 265

Said it before and say it again. You can not compare NGE 2005 and NGE 2011. Those who didn't bother checking the facts for themselves missed out.

Then why release SWTOR on Dec 20th, and have early access initially on Dec 15th, and have SWG close on Dec 15th?

Dec 20th is a crappy date for a MMO launch, it does not give enough time to get the game out to people, and held up with all the christmas rush. SWTOR could have been released ages ago if it did not need to wait for SWG to shut down. It only got a set date for Dec 20th from so long ago, as they knew it would be 100% ready guarnteed. Any problems now will not be dealt with until the New Year, unless staff will be working all over christmas.

If SWG got shut down last year or next year, and not out with the old, and in with the new, straight after one another, then what what I say would be false, but the way it has all gone down, to say otherwise is ignorant

There is no other SW MMO, and CWA does not count as it is a F2P thing, and is no where near the same calibre as SWG or SWTOR. You can not go roaming around in it and visiting the worlds like you can SWG or SWTOR.

Because...maybe it was READY on December 20th?!

Dude, Bioware released it EARLY, BEFORE SWG shut down. It was scheduled for the 15th, they moved it up to the 13th it was so epic.

And yes lol, Clone Wars Adventures "IS" a LICENSED STAR WARS MMO that SOE owns and operates still. You don't get to make the claim "There is no other SW MMO when there IS!!!

Deny it if you like, that doesn't change reality. All it does prove you're flat out lying and it pokes a billion little holes in the claim that LA shut down the game or the bull shit about "there can be only one" blah blah blah blah blah...In fact, Clone Wars Adventures is getting open world PvP added (announced December 15th!!!). SOE is STILL working on it.

Have YOU played SWTOR? How far? How long? You can't make that claim since I DOUBT you've even played the real release.

Dude, Bioware released it EARLY, BEFORE SWG shut down. It was scheduled for the 15th, they moved it up to the 13th it was so epic.

And yes lol, Clone Wars Adventures "IS" a LICENSED STAR WARS MMO that SOE owns and operates still. You don't get to make the claim "There is no other SW MMO when there IS!!!

Deny it if you like, that doesn't change reality. All it does prove you're flat out lying and it pokes a billion little holes in the claim that LA shut down the game or the bull shit about "there can be only one" blah blah blah blah blah...In fact, Clone Wars Adventures is getting open world PvP added (announced December 15th!!!). SOE is STILL working on it.

Have YOU played SWTOR? How far? How long? You can't make that claim since I DOUBT you've even played the real release.

Of course it was ready for the 20th, it was ready to be released long beforhand too, but could not as SWG was in the way.

The 13th was only two days, it either did not matter in the grand scheme of things, or was mutually agreed upon so the start of early access of SWTOR would not clash with the ending of SWG, Players could enjoy to play both without being torn which one to play.

I personally do not feel that CWA is a MMO, and it certainly is not of the same calibre as SWG or SWTOR. You are not reading what I wrote, unless CWA has gone P2P, like SWG was and SWTOR is

Of course it was ready for the 20th, it was ready to be released long beforhand too, but could not as SWG was in the way.

The 13th was only two days, it either did not matter in the grand scheme of things, or was mutually agreed upon so the start of early access of SWTOR would not clash with the ending of SWG, Players could enjoy to play both without being torn which one to play.

I personally do not feel that CWA is a MMO, and it certainly is not of the same calibre as SWG or SWTOR. You are not reading what I wrote, unless CWA has gone P2P, like SWG was and SWTOR is

LMFAO!!! Wait...are you SERIOUSLY thinking they delayed SWTOR because SWG was still active?! OMFG! Dude...they had 1.5 million people in EARLY RELEASE! The highest SWG ever got was 500k BEFORE the NGE and below 25k ALL of the NGE.

Neither Bioware nor LA give a f'k about SWG. You and your 100 players didn't mean dick to SOE, LA or Bioware. Seriously...stop with the conspiracy crap. SWG players weren't even a THOUGHT in SWTORs release - the less than 1500 of you didn't even account for 0.1% (not 1%... POINT.1%) of the Early release buyers.  0.1%!!!

You can feel however you like about CWA - but it IS classified by the INDUSTRY as an MMO. And I read what you wrote - in fact, I even quoted you and highlighted your false statement.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Long thread filled with insane conspiracies

LMFAO!!! Wait...are you SERIOUSLY thinking they delayed SWTOR because SWG was still active?! OMFG! Dude...they had 1.5 million people in EARLY RELEASE! The highest SWG ever got was 500k BEFORE the NGE and below 25k ALL of the NGE.

Neither Bioware nor LA give a f'k about SWG. You and your 100 players didn't mean dick to SOE, LA or Bioware. Seriously...stop with the conspiracy crap. SWG players weren't even a THOUGHT in SWTORs release - the less than 1500 of you didn't even account for 0.1% (not 1%... POINT.1%) of the Early release buyers.  0.1%!!!

You can feel however you like about CWA - but it IS classified by the INDUSTRY as an MMO. And I read what you wrote - in fact, I even quoted you and highlighted your false statement.

Well put Tux.

The only thought Bioware had regarding $OE was hiring some of the old developers to help design TOR. After that, they were completely in the rear view mirror.

They had 100 times the preorders for TOR than SWG has players. Do you really think they cared? That LA cared?

The reasons SWG ended when it did were...

1. The license for the IP ended December 31st, 2011 and Smed didn't think it worth attempting to renew it.

2. Smed could save thousands by cutting it off on the 15th instead of the 31st, especially knowing that there'd only be a HANDFUL of players in SWG post TOR.

Y'all need to get your tinfoil hats on, because LA and Bioware had NOTHING to do with SWG closing, it was a business decision that $OE made, SMED SAID SO HIMSELF.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

Originally posted by Shayde

Well put Tux.

The only thought Bioware had regarding $OE was hiring some of the old developers to help design TOR. After that, they were completely in the rear view mirror.

They had 100 times the preorders for TOR than SWG has players. Do you really think they cared? That LA cared?

1. The license for the IP ended December 31st, 2011 and Smed didn't think it worth attempting to renew it.

2. Smed could save thousands by cutting it off on the 15th instead of the 31st, especially knowing that there'd only be a HANDFUL of players in SWG post TOR.

Y'all need to get your tinfoil hats on, because LA and Bioware had NOTHING to do with SWG closing, it was a business decision that $OE made, SMED SAID SO HIMSELF.

It is amusing that the defenders of SOE are trying very hard to contradict one of the very few good business decisions SOE had made.  SWG had a very small and still dwindling playerbase.  The Smed made the right decision to ditch SWG instead of signing a new multi-year contract to continue the game, given the fact that TOR was going to draw away a good chunk of the folks who were still subbed to SWG on the basis that it resembled Star wars somewhat.

SWG was all but dead prior to the closure announcement.  The OBoards were loaded with posts begging for further server merges.  SOE made a good decision to close the game.

I'm sorry I can not take you seriously any more, you are making out my opinions are facts when they are just opinions, and that your opinions are the facts when they are just opinions.

All the evidence points to the fact that both SWG and SWTOR could not co-exist, and all that makes sense. To release it late in Dec instead of earlier or at the start of January, makes no sense, unless SWG was in the way. Dec 15th for SWGs closure has been known since June. For them to make the official release around that is stupid, if SWG was not in the way.

Originally posted by Obee

Well put Tux.

It is amusing that the defenders of SOE are trying very hard to contradict one of the very few good business decisions SOE had made.  SWG had a very small and still dwindling playerbase.  The Smed made the right decision to ditch SWG instead of signing a new multi-year contract to continue the game, given the fact that TOR was going to draw away a good chunk of the folks who were still subbed to SWG on the basis that it resembled Star wars somewhat.

SWG was all but dead prior to the closure announcement.  The OBoards were loaded with posts begging for further server merges.  SOE made a good decision to close the game.

Shutting down SWG was not a good move for SOE, but they were forced to by LA/EA, and if SOE did not shut down SWG then LA would have sued SOE and would have been bad for the company (as stated by Smedley which TUX  ha quoted on these forums many many times)

There are tonnes of threads on the official forums saying that SWTOR is a big disappointed and that people had not even heard of SWG. If SWG did not get shut down, peeople would have ended up playing SWG instead as it has more features and you can actually play the game instead of stuck in queues for hours, and does not have kiddy cartoon style graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p2WiLznFeA

One look at that and it makes the NGE look like the best thing ever. Krayts FTW

The game was not dead, not highly populated, but not dead. Vanguard was an example of dead. In June there was 4 full servers, and 3 were locked as FULL and could not take any more. DCUO only has 4 servers, so SWG could have easily survived at least another year reduced down to 4 -6 servers. Wait, next you  will say that is due to the free 45 days, but if the game was being shut down on the fact of population, then waiting another 1 month (and giving 5 months notice of closure) to see the results, would have made a better business decision, but no, it was decided to be shut down before the free 45 days were up, regardless of what the population levels would be

SOE giving 6 months notice, and resulting in people not subbing after the 45 days makes no sense, unless SOE had to shut down SWG due to a contract with not being able to operate SWG alongside SWTOR. Either that or SOE is just so awesome, and do not like to shaft their customers for mor money. You can not have it both ways. So which is it? SOE are now nice and wonderful, or SWG had to close to make way for SWTOR?

Y'all read this already

I'm sorry I can not take you seriously any more, you are making out my opinions are facts when they are just opinions, and that your opinions are the facts when they are just opinions.

All the evidence points to the fact that both SWG and SWTOR could not co-exist, and all that makes sense. To release it late in Dec instead of earlier or at the start of January, makes no sense, unless SWG was in the way. Dec 15th for SWGs closure has been known since June. For them to make the official release around that is stupid, if SWG was not in the way.

The only reason they could not co-exist is because SWG was dead. If it had 100K players, 200k, you know, pre NGE numbers, $OE would have paid to renew the license and have taken their chances.

But you know it didn't have 20K playing.

SWG was as in the way as a bug on a Ferrari's windshield.

Smed said himself that he knew it wouldn't be a wise business decision to continue SWG past 2011. That's a stone cold fact. He knows how much it costs, he knows how much profit (if any) it makes, and he knows he'll have a large majority leave SWG for TOR for at least a trial basis. HE KNOWS THE FACTS and decided not to even bother negotiating an extension.

You're right about one thing. The two games couldn't co-exist. But it's not some grand LA/Bioware conspiracy like you and others claim, it is simple business. Post TOR, SWG is no longer profitable. PERIOD.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.

Shutting down SWG was not a good move for SOE, but they were forced to by LA/EA, and if SOE did not shut down SWG then LA would have sued SOE and would have been bad for the company (as stated by Smedley which TUX  ha quoted on these forums many many times)

This is SHEER LUNACY.

Smed said it was HIS decision to shut down SWG. That it was in the best interests of $OE to do so. The contract was up.

Do you know ANYTHING about how intelectual properties work? If you want to use someone's IP, you have to pay them. $OE had a contract to develop SWG, so they paid Lucasarts actual money to do so. Do you get that?

And when the contract ends, which it does in 9 days, you have to EXTEND that contract to legally use the IP. He said, and I quote, "Could we have renegotiated? Maybe, but I don't think that would be the right thing for the company."

"We knew, with the checkered past [of Galaxies], that this would not be a popular decision, but it was just one that we had to make."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111549-SOE-Bids-Fond-Farewell-to-Star-Wars-Galaxies

We, as in $OE.

Look, you lost your game, I get that. I lost mine when the horrible NGE hit. But open your eyes. $OE made the decision because SWG was no longer profitable. PERIOD.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

This is SHEER LUNACY.

Smed said it was HIS decision to shut down SWG. That it was in the best interests of $OE to do so. The contract was up.

Do you know ANYTHING about how intelectual properties work? If you want to use someone's IP, you have to pay them. $OE had a contract to develop SWG, so they paid Lucasarts actual money to do so. Do you get that?

And when the contract ends, which it does in 9 days, you have to EXTEND that contract to legally use the IP. He said, and I quote, "Could we have renegotiated? Maybe, but I don't think that would be the right thing for the company."

"We knew, with the checkered past [of Galaxies], that this would not be a popular decision, but it was just one that we had to make."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111549-SOE-Bids-Fond-Farewell-to-Star-Wars-Galaxies

We, as in $OE.

Look, you lost your game, I get that. I lost mine when the horrible NGE hit. But open your eyes. $OE made the decision because SWG was no longer profitable. PERIOD.

The contract ends sometime in 2012. Whatever date that is no one knows, but it was not on Dec 31st 2011. Where does it say it ends in 9 days and states an exact date? They only say it ends in 2012, and I do not believe it is Jan 1st. More like June. EA bought out the remaining 6 months contract so SOE would be forced to shut down SWG, and then be able to launch SWTOR. SWTOR would have been able to launch in Sep, if there was not this contract.

Smedley never said it was his decision, they said it was a mutual decision between SOE and LA

Your theories make no sense whatsoever, and make SOE look like the best and super awesome company to ever exist, if I speak sheer lunacy

My eyes are open, yours are full of SOE hate, and are making stuff up to suit your own needs, to the point that even makes SOE look good. My theories all make sense, and all the pieces fall together perfectly

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

This is SHEER LUNACY.
    We, as in $OE.

If SOE kept Vanguard going, there's no reason they would shut down SWG if it was making money. I would guess that Lucas Arts was taking a big cut of the money coming in, so much so that SWG couldn't survive like other mmorpg on a tight budget. That's just a guess though.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

This is SHEER LUNACY.

We, as in $OE.

The contract ends sometime in 2012. Whatever date that is no one knows, but it was not on Dec 31st 2011. Where does it say it ends in 9 days and states an exact date? They only say it ends in 2012, and I do not believe it is Jan 1st. More like June. EA bought out the remaining 6 months contract so SOE would be forced to shut down SWG, and then be able to launch SWTOR. SWTOR would have been able to launch in Sep, if there was not this contract.

Smedley never said it was his decision, they said it was a mutual decision between SOE and LA

Your theories make no sense whatsoever, and make SOE look like the best and super awesome company to ever exist, if I speak sheer lunacy

My eyes are open, yours are full of SOE hate, and are making stuff up to suit your own needs, to the point that even makes SOE look good. My theories all make sense, and all the pieces fall together perfectly

Do you even read links? Go ahead, click that link and see Smed's own words. You know, the ones I QUOTED you in the post.

Smed said HIMSELF that it was $OE's decision to not even try to renegotiate a contract extension. Again his quote... "Could we have renegotiated? Maybe, but I don't think that would be the right thing for the company."

He knows SWG is no longer profitable. He knows what it would cost to re-license the IP, knows what the game takes in, and knows it would be in the red. His job is not to take a loss to appease you, it is to make money.

What is even funnier is you take "ends in 2012" and interject your own specualtion as fact. That they could hobble along for another 6 months, and because they aren't, you blame some LA conspiracy. If they're losing money, why continue one minute?

You think Bioware was at all concerned about SWG? There were more people IN BETA than in SWG at its peak 7 years ago. There are more people on my TOR server than played SWG the last 2 years. They were not concerned.

And as far as your "mutual decision" quote goes. That is what they always say in press releases. Look at Smed's interview and he takes ownership of the decision.

I understand you're in the denial stage of the stages of loss. Open your eyes and get to acceptance.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

This is SHEER LUNACY.

We, as in $OE.

Do you even read links? Go ahead, click that link and see Smed's own words. You know, the ones I QUOTED you in the post.

Smed said HIMSELF that it was $OE's decision to not even try to renegotiate a contract extension. Again his quote... "Could we have renegotiated? Maybe, but I don't think that would be the right thing for the company."

He knows SWG is no longer profitable. He knows what it would cost to re-license the IP, knows what the game takes in, and knows it would be in the red. His job is not to take a loss to appease you, it is to make money.

What is even funnier is you take "ends in 2012" and interject your own specualtion as fact. That they could hobble along for another 6 months, and because they aren't, you blame some LA conspiracy. If they're losing money, why continue one minute?

You think Bioware was at all concerned about SWG? There were more people IN BETA than in SWG at its peak 7 years ago. There are more people on my TOR server than played SWG the last 2 years. They were not concerned.

And as far as your "mutual decision" quote goes. That is what they always say in press releases. Look at Smed's interview and he takes ownership of the decision.

I understand you're in the denial stage of the stages of loss. Open your eyes and get to acceptance.

I am already in acceptance, and not in denial at all. You're eyes are blind to the hatred of the NGE and SOE.

When Smedley said "Could we have renegotiated?" that was between LA and SOE, not just SOE or Smedley himself, unless he likes using royal speech, which I do not believe

SOE giving 6 months notice on a dead game is not their style, it is not any companies style, but it is especially not SOEs style. No other MMO that has gotten shut down gave more than 3 months notice. The only reason it got 6 months is because it was all part of the business decsion across SWG and SWTOR between SOE, LA, EA and Bioware, and that the game was far from dead. The date of Dec 20th release for SWTOR was already set in stone in June. Also from what I heard and is total rumour is that EA wanted SWG to be shut down in Sep and SWTOR released in Sep, but Smedley managed to get 3 months more and got the date for Dec 15th. Believing what unofficial people say on the forums is not usually wise, but this makes sense as the usual timeframe for a closure is 3 months, not 6 months.

What you say is what you want it to be and not what things really are.

This is SHEER LUNACY.

We, as in $OE.

I am already in acceptance, and not in denial at all. You're eyes are blind to the hatred of the NGE and SOE.

When Smedley said "Could we have renegotiated?" that was between LA and SOE, not just SOE or Smedley himself, unless he likes using royal speech, which I do not believe

SOE giving 6 months notice on a dead game is not their style, it is not any companies style, but it is especially not SOEs style. No other MMO that has gotten shut down gave more than 3 months notice. The only reason it got 6 months is because it was all part of the business decsion across SWG and SWTOR between SOE, LA, EA and Bioware, and that the game was far from dead. The date of Dec 20th release for SWTOR was already set in stone in June. Also from what I heard and is total rumour is that EA wanted SWG to be shut down in Sep and SWTOR released in Sep, but Smedley managed to get 3 months more and got the date for Dec 15th. Believing what unofficial people say on the forums is not usually wise, but this makes sense as the usual timeframe for a closure is 3 months, not 6 months.

Show me one quote, link me one link to support your position, or it is nothing but the rantings of a lunatic.

Smed says himself that he didn't even TRY to renegotiate a contract extension, that it, and I repeat, I don't think that would be the right thing for the company.

I not we. HIS decision.

He knew it would no longer be profitable. He ended it, End of story.

I'll take my direct Smedley quotes over your "rumor" anyday. Your statements are all conjecture, where I'm DIRECTLY QUOTING Smed.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

I assume you have some form of proof to support your first claim?

No. Of course you don't - because it's purely wishful thinking on your part based on your mad SWG love, not facts and certainly not common sense.

Let's take a look at YOUR theories and see how much sense they really make:

You claim:

1. SOE was forced to close SWG down by LA, EA or Bioware

2. 2 Star Wars MMOs can't co-exist

3. EA/Bioware bought out the remainder of the license

4. SWTOR COULD have launched in September, but delayed it because SWG wasn't closed yet

vs. Facts:

1. SOE didn't even TRY to renegotiate the license - SOE gave up

2. Wrong. 3 did last week, 2 do now. Clone Wars Adventures is a SOE Star Wars MMO STILL running

3. If they did, link your proof. That's NEVER been stated.

4. This is the big one...seriously?!

• LOL! Dude...EA/Bioware have a MASSIVE hit on their hands. 1.5 MILLION pre-orders in early access. My pre-launch guess was 2mil subs the 1st month, but now, I'm guessing it will be closer to double that, but let's be really conservative and assume 2 million for this - 2 million x $70 (average price per game) = $140 Miliion, 2 million x $15 (monthly sub) = 30 million per month...you are suggesting that SWG, a game making at MOST 75,000 a month (5000x$15) held up a game that will pull in 30 MILLION per month. Even YOU have to see the stupidity in that theory.

Listen mate - SWG is dead. It's good for Lucas Arts AND SOE to rid itself of the cancer. SWG has been the laughing stock of the MMO community for ages now and it did NEITHER company any good to keep the facade going. SWG was a game DESTROYED by SOE and it'll be a lesson taught in business classes for decades to come. SOE's greed with SWG and W0W envy cost them MILLIONS of players and profits.

Since you want to debate fiction so much, lemme toss in MY theory on how Bioware/EA medled with SWG.

MY theory is the opposite of yours. I believe, if ANYTHING, Bioware/EA and possibly LA paid SOE to keep SWG running until SWTORs release - reason being, they didn't want loyal Star Wars fans finding a new game like W0W. The development staff of SWG reflected (2-3 Devs for the past 4 years) NO desire to expand and improve the game, only a desire to "sustain" it - probably meeting some minimum number of employees as required by a contract. EVERY top developer was pulled from SWG to go work on DCUO. The "developers" for SWG were a former QA intern and an old programmer who never ran anything. Don't get me wrong - with 2 people, they did well...but they demonstrate the lack of ANY commitment to the game that SOE had. SOE CLEARLY didn't give a f'k about SWG.

So...if you wanna draw any conclusions from the date of SWTORs launch and SWGs demise, thank Bioware, LA or EA for keeping SWG alive until SWTOR launched - don't blame them for SOEs massive failure.

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385

I respect your decision not to play NGE but how can you not like something if you didnt even try it? I loved PR-CU SWG as did everyone else we used to play with. When the new test server came out with NGE on it hell ya I tried it! after 2 days of trying it I joined the forum mob until ultimately cancelling my sub.

Originally posted by falc0n

I respect your decision not to play NGE but how can you not like something if you didnt even try it?

I can with certainty that VERY few people here would like Head Cheese, even without trying it...sadly...I have *BARF* image

Just saying ;)

This is SHEER LUNACY.

We, as in $OE.

Show me one quote, link me one link to support your position, or it is nothing but the rantings of a lunatic.

Smed says himself that he didn't even TRY to renegotiate a contract extension, that it, and I repeat, I don't think that would be the right thing for the company.

I not we. HIS decision.

He knew it would no longer be profitable. He ended it, End of story.

I'll take my direct Smedley quotes over your "rumor" anyday. Your statements are all conjecture, where I'm DIRECTLY QUOTING Smed.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=1223321

Here it shows that they tried, and LA and SOE spent months. SOE Brasse also uses "we". When they say these things they speak for everyone not just themselves

If he ended it knowing it would no longer be profitable, they would have only given 3 months notice, not 6 month, if SOE were solely behind it all.

What is funny is that you do not like Smedley or SOE, but hang on every word as though it is the absolute truth, like you are suddenly Smedleys fanboy. He is hardly going to say "we have to shut down SWG because LA have us between the short and curlies"

You are defending SOE and Smedley than I am, with your reasonings, and not only that but making them out to be the best company ever to exist.