Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Flawed Design: Cinematics Don't Work In Real Time MMO

qombiqombi Unknown, LAPosts: 1,180Member

Who wants to wait for the millionth time for the new person in a dungeon to watch through the cinematics? Not I, why would this be in a MMO? Good idea for a single player game where your time is your time and bad idea for a MMO... period.

This a flaw but probably will not be noticed very often due to the fact this game mainly will play like a single player game with a online multiplayer option .. which I won't pay monthlly for.

Comments

• LoekiiLoekii China Hot Springs, AKPosts: 430Member

Imo, a 'View Cinematic' and 'Skipping Cinematic' flags in a LFG system would help out in TOR.

• RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,088Member Uncommon

plus you dont have to do the conversation with the newb

• dubyahitedubyahite Lincoln, NEPosts: 2,483Member
    For the seven millionth time I've posted this on these boards:

the first instance is heavy on cutscenes. The rest ARE NOT. They have a convo before you go in andaybe one or two very short ones inside, if that.

THIS IS ONLY AN ISSUE IN THE FIRST FLASHPOINT. GET PAST THAT AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• qombiqombi Unknown, LAPosts: 1,180Member

Originally posted by dubyahite

the first instance is heavy on cutscenes. The rest ARE NOT. They have a convo before you go in andaybe one or two very short ones inside, if that.

THIS IS ONLY AN ISSUE IN THE FIRST FLASHPOINT. GET PAST THAT AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT.

Have you played WoW? Do you realize the attention spans of people in these games after they are only there for an item? No one is going to wait for one second for those new people to watch those short cut scenes you are speaking of.

• dubyahitedubyahite Lincoln, NEPosts: 2,483Member
    They take seriously like 30 seconds. People wait. It's not even conversations most of the time, just using a computer to decide if you blow something up or airlock some engineers.

It's a non-issue. Boone is kickin people for not skipping a 15 second cutscene. Get over it.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Tarzana, CAPosts: 1,220Member

Originally posted by qombi

Originally posted by dubyahite

Have you played WoW? Do you realize the attention spans of people in these games after they are only there for an item? No one is going to wait for one second for those new people to watch those short cut scenes you are speaking of.

So? Form a group with the understanding of doing the cutscenes properly. It's not like the groups are huge....it should be relatively easy to fill the group with three other like minded people or hell 1 other person and their companion.