Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG Vets, new and old... where are you going?

1235»

Comments

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

To the Grey Havens...then over the Sea to the west.

• ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176
    If I had the money, I would make a Mechwarrior/Battletech MMO that had the skill system of Pre-CU and the content of NGE. I would have it take place in 3045. Right after the Grey Death Legion discovered the Star League Core, but before the introduction of the clans. PvP would be awesome because you would have more than just 2 factions, plus all the different mercenary and pirate factions. I would have land, atmospheric and space combat, including warships and dropships, integrated. Hell. My favorite would be the LAMs (Land, Air Mechs).

But that is just my dream and I know it would never happen.
  • ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Oh yeah. I would definately include the gaming/gladiator planet, Solaris so the leet PvPers can compete for ranking, titles, prestige and bragging rights lol.
  • just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by VideoJockey

I don't like where the genre is going. The last MMO I paid for was LOTRO; I subscribed for 3 months about this time last year. It's a solid game but I just couldn't justify paying a subscription for what really felt like a single-player game. For now I'll probably stick to traditional single player games and RPGs but I might come back for Diablo 3.

Diablo 3 IS a single player RPG, so it's nothing to come "back" to, if you ask me.  I suppose you could consider it co-op or a CORPG, but it's definitely NOT an MMO.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Originally posted by ericlatrelle

If I had the money, I would make a Mechwarrior/Battletech MMO that had the skill system of Pre-CU and the content of NGE. I would have it take place in 3045. Right after the Grey Death Legion discovered the Star League Core, but before the introduction of the clans. PvP would be awesome because you would have more than just 2 factions, plus all the different mercenary and pirate factions. I would have land, atmospheric and space combat, including warships and dropships, integrated. Hell. My favorite would be the LAMs (Land, Air Mechs).

But that is just my dream and I know it would never happen.

this would be badass. Battlemaster FTW

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

I know many of us are headed to SWTOR.

Been bouncing back and forth between WoW and other MMO's since the NGE myself, but heading to TOR for the foreseeable future.

What about you?

Tera, and later down the road archeage

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Alpha
  • superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
  • ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Originally posted by superniceguy

Kinect Star Wars

From this to this image

lol horrible

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• GeeTeeEffOhGeeTeeEffOh Member Posts: 731

Interesting stuff on the horizon:
    Dominus
    World of Darkness
    The Repopulation

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Had my 3 months of SWTOR but now waiting for Planetside 2 beta (PS 1 is active but only logged in a couple times), also waiting until april 11 for the Aion F2P date in NA and of course a certain emu. Not much interest elsewhere otherwise.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

I went back to EQ2 and watching and waiting for Plannet Side 2.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

SWTOR lasted a little over 1.5 months for me. Now just like every other WOW clone it is canned. I enjoyed the leveling up process and I tried to enjoy the world pvp.. The battlegrounds... I mean Warzones kept me busy for a few weeks but ultimately.. This sums up the game...

So back to the waiting pattern I go.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I had been hanging out in EQ2, but SJ rune that game for me so I moved over to SWTOR and gosh almighty I am so bored with SWTOR it is not funny.

All I can say is I am not sure where I am going but it will not be an SOE game for sure.  

I had hopes for tera but looks like I will be disappointed, and diablo III really does not have my interest, and I will not play GW2.

So looks like I might leave the mmo seen for a while and go play some fps rpg games.

I sure am not going to reward dev failure with subs on games that are not good.

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251

Originally posted by erictlewis

I had been hanging out in EQ2, but SJ rune that game for me so I moved over to SWTOR and gosh almighty I am so bored with SWTOR it is not funny.

All I can say is I am not sure where I am going but it will not be an SOE game for sure.  

I had hopes for tera but looks like I will be disappointed, and diablo III really does not have my interest, and I will not play GW2.

So looks like I might leave the mmo seen for a while and go play some fps rpg games.

Curious why your so adamant against GW2? Me and my brother are extremely disappointed with TOR(its like they took the gear grind from WoW but took nothing else from any other game), we've been pretty much out of the mmo thing for awhile, because of SWG we gave TOR a shot(Beat it, got all the gear, and bored standing around waiting on huttball ques).

GW2 looks like it has exploration, which is an aspect I loved with SWG. I'm not defending GW2, I'm more curious at this point. We've also been looking at secret world(only because it looks different)

Originally posted by william0532

Curious why your so adamant against GW2? Me and my brother are extremely disappointed with TOR(its like they took the gear grind from WoW but took nothing else from any other game), we've been pretty much out of the mmo thing for awhile, because of SWG we gave TOR a shot(Beat it, got all the gear, and bored standing around waiting on huttball ques).

GW2 looks like it has exploration, which is an aspect I loved with SWG. I'm not defending GW2, I'm more curious at this point. We've also been looking at secret world(only because it looks different)

This goes back to tabula rasa days, and the mess that happened.  Yea I know your going to say but they are not ncsoft, but really they are.   I tried aion and well yes oh well  lets just say I got no faith in that dev house simple as that.

This goes back to tabula rasa days, and the mess that happened.  Yea I know your going to say but they are not ncsoft, but really they are.   I tried aion and well yes oh well  lets just say I got no faith in that dev house simple as that.

Oh no, thats cool, I actually didn't play tabula rasa so I couldn't say anything if I wanted too lol, I don't know anything about it. However I do know at a point I wanted everyone at SOE to get cancer(not really), but I'm gonna try planet side, maybe. It does seem like developers do make the same mistakes over and over again which is odd, is there just not a selection of new talent in the gaming market Lol.

Like I said, me and my brother really want to get back into something mmo wise, but so far they are so disappointing. I will probably try TSW, Planetside or GW2. Not sure which, I thought you had some info on gw2 so I was just curious.

I hate to say it, specially since I used to rail against how much odd stuff there was in SWG, now I wish mmo'es would have more things to do other than warzones, and raids.(especially if theres not alot of them)

I gave SOE another chance after SWG, but now they have blown it, although there is still hope. The deal has not been fully finaalised yet, but there looks to be no negotitions currently to fix the situation, unlike the issue of being stuck on EU servers.

When they migrate EU customers over to Prosibien and they have their multi-game pass going we will lose access to EQ1 and Vanguard on our mulli-game pass, so if we want to play EQ 1 and Vanuard, and other SOE games, we will have to pay whatever for Antisibiens multi-game pass + $15 for EQ1 + $15 for Vanguard individually, plus no doubt lose the extra char slots with Vanguard you get from SOEs All Access deal.

To make matters worse, US players are not affected, which is good for US players and I am glad they are OK, but it shows SOE  feels fit to treat EU customers horribly, which I will not stand for.

Hopefully they are in the works to fixing this, but if not then I will not play a SOE game ever again either.

New EU players can still get SOE All Access by choosing their country as United States, but will probably incure currency conversion fees when charged in USD to whatever currency you use. So not totally ideal, as will probably still cost more, but not a much as paying for individual subs

I gave SOE another chance after SWG, but now they have blown it, although there is still hope. The deal has not been fully finaalised yet, but there looks to be no negotitions currently to fix the situation, unlike the issue of being stuck on EU servers.

When they migrate EU customers over to Prosibien and they have their multi-game pass going we will lose access to EQ1 and Vanguard on our mulli-game pass, so if we want to play EQ 1 and Vanuard, and other SOE games, we will have to pay whatever for Antisibiens multi-game pass + $15 for EQ1 + $15 for Vanguard individually, plus no doubt lose the extra char slots with Vanguard you get from SOEs All Access deal.

To make matters worse, US players are not affected, which is good for US players and I am glad they are OK, but it shows SOE  feels fit to treat EU customers horribly, which I will not stand for.

Hopefully they are in the works to fixing this, but if not then I will not play a SOE game ever again either.

New EU players can still get SOE All Access by choosing their country as United States, but will probably incure currency conversion fees when charged in USD to whatever currency you use. So not totally ideal, as will probably still cost more, but not a much as paying for individual subs

This affects us players as well, those who are in the military or sometimes have to do business outside the us. If your in the military and stationed in the EU your going to get locked out as well, despite the sofa agreements.  Not to mention what this does to those of us who had guilds made up of EU players,  In the guild that I was in we had 3 folks from Norway, 2 folks from Denmark and several other spread out though the uk.  Now I not played since AOD was released been over in swtor, but I frequent our guild forums to talk with them.   All 8 of them when the deal goes though will be affected, 5 of them refuse to open an alaplaya account, the other 3 are still on the fence.  Too carve out and ip lock and force part of your player base to use another company is crazy.  SOE lost me when aod was launched with 0 playable content other than beast lord, and now I know I will not go back to them. I don't care what planet-side looks like not going to touch it, as prosieben bought the purblishing rights to that game as well.

This affects us players as well, those who are in the military or sometimes have to do business outside the us. If your in the military and stationed in the EU your going to get locked out as well, despite the sofa agreements.  Not to mention what this does to those of us who had guilds made up of EU players,  In the guild that I was in we had 3 folks from Norway, 2 folks from Denmark and several other spread out though the uk.  Now I not played since AOD was released been over in swtor, but I frequent our guild forums to talk with them.   All 8 of them when the deal goes though will be affected, 5 of them refuse to open an alaplaya account, the other 3 are still on the fence.  Too carve out and ip lock and force part of your player base to use another company is crazy.  SOE lost me when aod was launched with 0 playable content other than beast lord, and now I know I will not go back to them. I don't care what planet-side looks like not going to touch it, as prosieben bought the purblishing rights to that game as well.

Yes, I suppose it does affect US players more than I thought, although I was specifically meaning SOE All Access.

I can see where it messes people about when built of guilds of US and EU, but it should not affect people who have their accounts as United States, and will be going through SOE, not Probibien.

I created an account yesterday in the UK, and chose United States as my country, and went to see if I could choose SOE All Access and I was able to. I tried using an old SWG account set to UK not on All Access and was unable to choose All Access. The lock out seems to be tied to whatever country you chose your account to be tied to. If you are in the military and have an account set to US, and then play outside the US, you should still be able to avoid Prosibien and connect to SOE directly. Unless they will fix this, and change the system to detect which county you are logging in from, or there is more to this than I can see. If it was based off IP, I would have thought I would have been locked out of getting SOE All Access. Either they do not know what they are talking about, or there are changes coming.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Back on topic, I am hoping for an SWG like game to be released soon, I also am interested in Archeage, WoD and the Repopulation.

Originally posted by RefMinor

Back on topic, I am hoping for an SWG like game to be released soon, I also am interested in Archeage, WoD and the Repopulation.

Repopulation is in a very rough alpha stage(just for those that will inform me of how bad it looks), but I'm very excited for the ideas they are implementing in that game. We're trying to get into alpha testing.

Something about player driven economies and cities/nations seems exciting.

• tatbountytatbounty Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by RefMinor

Repopulation is in a very rough alpha stage(just for those that will inform me of how bad it looks), but I'm very excited for the ideas they are implementing in that game. We're trying to get into alpha testing.

Something about player driven economies and cities/nations seems exciting.

this is the game i'm going to wait on and hope comes out ok..sci-fi..sandbox..pvp..sounds good..lets hope they pull it off

miss swg pre-cu till the end with a white out on first 6 months of the nge bs lol

bamfbamf from ss

i don't know jack..but i know his sister :)

• BloodnokBloodnok Member UncommonPosts: 75

I'm going to try out TSW in the short term, but very much looking forward to The Repopulation. All its features so far promise almost everything I've been looking for in an MMORPG.