Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live Stream ~ The End of SWG...

KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Hosted by PCGamer if anyone is interested in watching SWG come to an end and see who wins the conflict!

I do believe they've said the final moments will be from 7-9pm PST, and its 5:15pm PST  as of this posting.   Until then they're running around on the Sunstrider Server checking out all the crazy events going on, like snowing on Tatooine and spawns of really huge enemies, randomly growing trees and other fauna...etc

Its rather interesting, but I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from TOR...hehe

OK, they were just running a test for a bit there, the stream is down until 7pm PST now...

Comments

• darkbladeddarkbladed Member Posts: 193

I don't wanna create a poopstorm but; I miss pre NGE.

No whining but I haven't found a game that compares to it (for all of its bugs).

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Its back on...very crazy stuff going on!

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Never played the game before, but this kinda made me want too play it ><

Been hearing so much negativeity about the NGE so i never botherd to try it out. But it does look quiet fun, even if it was alot better before the NGE and i would have loved to play it back then.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Never got to play this either cause of all the bad reviews but it does look really fun...sad day in the MMO universe...

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

That really was kind of sad to watch...

• Omni1rbbOmni1rbb Member Posts: 83

Just watched it shut down, that was so sad :(  I never got to play it, and I really wish I had.  It remained forever on my "to try" list.

SWG seemed like an awesome game, it feels like the mmo world just lost something special.

I hope all of you SWG players find a new home somewhere. 

• UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183

Very moving, and the guys playing were very moved too, you could tell.

So long SWG!

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

im glad i got to see the end, thanks for link.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I think the sad part about an MMO shutting down, is that no one will ever play that game again. Its not like any other game, where it can always be picked up and played 10 20 years later.

SWG and many other MMOs that have "Died" are games that people spent countless hours to develope and now no one will ever be able to experience those games again.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

So sad! Despite the fact I haven't played for years, I still have lots of fond memories of this game. Thanks for the video.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• johnnychangsjohnnychangs Member UncommonPosts: 261

Yea I watched this live also, very very sad.

Thanks to the guys at PC Gamer for doing this.

They said they would archive the stream if anybody still wants to watch it.