Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[POLL] Fans OF Guild Wars 2, What is your profession? PT1

Comments

• silenossilenos Member Posts: 116

Voted for Ranger, my main was Ranger in GW1 and I think it will be my main in GW2 as well. I'm also interested in Necro and Mesmer.

I want to reborn as a Sylvari.

• nyxxisnyxxis Member Posts: 62

Ranger first and formost. I may roll a necro or elementalist but its doubtful. I have always been an archer/ranger and I dont see that changing anytime soon. I love having a pet, gives me that feeling someone always has my back even when I solo.  To also cover race...Norn, I saw a vid of the starting area and the player had a white wolf...ohh yea

All Murlocs must die horrible, painful, bloody deaths!

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

I couldn't choose in this poll. For the first time ever in a class based games, I've not been able to choose. Whoaw. 

How will a ranger play differently with a two-handed sword, than a mesmer with a two-handed sword? Or a Necromancer with a two-handedsword?

They use the same weapon but the skills are different. It's so complex. It seems like that for the first time, I don't have to choose my role, based on a class, but by the theme of the class.

Simply because a class can fill multiple roles at will.

Mesmer is the theme of the Rennissance, Ranger of the Nature highwayman, Warrior of the medival soldier, Guardian of the holy Crusader, Elementalist of the classic spell caster, and so on...

No skill in the game has impressed me as much as Guardians Leaping Faith. The "swoosh" Sound it makes, and the choreography.  Truly something special.

• davvindavvin Member UncommonPosts: 154

Definitely planning on playing all of them, but thinking engineer and mesmer as the first couple...maybe, they all look fun!

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

Engineer. Not the popular choice, but definitely the most intriguing one, mechanically and lore wise. Plus, I'm fascinated by the whole clockpunk thing.

Never expected the Engineer to be popular, though. But then, if we judged what was good by what was popular, then the Titanic was the greatest film ever to grace the silver screen. Screw Citizen Kane, it's all about the Titanic. Irony.

• maxiime223maxiime223 Member Posts: 94

I'm glad to see that it's pretty balanced, still a bit more mesmer, of course...

I'm going thief; I can't wait to sneak behind foes, kill people and steal!!!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The latest reveiled class is in the lead, what a surprise...

I will try a thief myself.

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249

Originally posted by eyelolled

I picked theif, but really my main will be decided by the armor aesthetics and then by how fun the class is to play.  I will play each class.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? I would think how fun a class is should be the most important thing, then their aesthetics.

As for me, Thief all the way. It has everything I want in a class. Ranger comes in at a close 2nd, but I'm so tired of Ranger/Archer/Hunter type classes having to use a pet to make up for their deadzone since no one can come up with a solution to it.

• liva98989liva98989 Member UncommonPosts: 252

I chose Elementalist, because it's the first profession i'm gonna choose, then I would properbly play mesmer and guardian as my two other characters, I do belive I'm gonna try them all out though! <(-^.¨-)>

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Guess I'd go with mesmer again (like GW1).  I've always been a fan of "controller"-type toons.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• caremuchlesscaremuchless Member Posts: 603

At a tossup between Elementalist and a Thief.

Ele look to have more versatility while thieves look to be more in your face combat--and who doesnt like stealth.

• caremuchlesscaremuchless Member Posts: 603

Originally posted by liva98989

I chose Elementalist, because it's the first profession i'm gonna choose, then I would properbly play mesmer and guardian as my two other characters, I do belive I'm gonna try them all out though! <(-^.¨-)>

I'm with you on this. TRY THEM ALL. What a great game to do it in too.

• MagisterXIIMagisterXII Member Posts: 7

I want to try almost all of them, they did a good job on the professions, but I'll most likely be maining an Elementalist, they're looking great.

• AzariaAzaria Member Posts: 318

Originally posted by MagisterXII

I want to try almost all of them, they did a good job on the professions, but I'll most likely be maining an Elementalist, they're looking great.

They are looking great, Fire spec and a certain weapon load out looks right up my speed. I still have not researched the racials and all. But I am sure there will be more of that on release, of course I hate being the class everyone is playing, so I might go with A Necromancer or Ranger, even a ranged rogue looks interesting, ah they all look interesting.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Originally posted by Dawnbr3aker

Originally posted by Azaria

They are looking great, Fire spec and a certain weapon load out looks right up my speed. I still have not researched the racials and all. But I am sure there will be more of that on release, of course I hate being the class everyone is playing, so I might go with A Necromancer or Ranger, even a ranged rogue looks interesting, ah they all look interesting.

What makes you think a necromancer or ranger, or even a ranged rogue would be played less compare to the other professions? I'll probably be maining as a mesmer and 2nd necro, so if necro isnt populating the server, then awesome to that.

The obvious guess is the poll on the first page, which is approaching a *decent* sample size.  Although, aside from the Mesmer, which is still garnering a lot of attention largely because it was the most recently announced profession (and a highly hyped one to boot,) the poll essentially suggests all professions will be played in fairly similar numbers.  For all intents and purposes, it will be impossible to distinguish between 10.2% and 12.8% in game.  

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

Necromancer most probably. Less likely: ranger, thief, elementalist.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

FANNNSS of GW2 what is your PROFESSION!!! AWWW ROOO!!! AWWW ROO!!! (300 reference?) hehe ok not funny... Guardian all the way for me =)

• ngueva2ngueva2 Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Dekarx12

FANNNSS of GW2 what is your PROFESSION!!! AWWW ROOO!!! AWWW ROO!!! (300 reference?) hehe ok not funny... Guardian all the way for me =)

it was a total reference to 300 =) (hahaha!)

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by ngueva2

Originally posted by Dekarx12

it was a total reference to 300 =) (hahaha!)

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I chose warrior in the poll, but I havent really decided yet.

My favourite professions are : Warrior, Engineer, Mesmer. I will try these out for sure.

Also interesting professions are : Thief, Necromancer, Ranger.

Not interested in : Guardian and Elementalist.

• ngueva2ngueva2 Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Homitu

Originally posted by Dawnbr3aker

Originally posted by Azaria

What makes you think a necromancer or ranger, or even a ranged rogue would be played less compare to the other professions? I'll probably be maining as a mesmer and 2nd necro, so if necro isnt populating the server, then awesome to that.

The obvious guess is the poll on the first page, which is approaching a *decent* sample size.  Although, aside from the Mesmer, which is still garnering a lot of attention largely because it was the most recently announced profession (and a highly hyped one to boot,) the poll essentially suggests all professions will be played in fairly similar numbers.  For all intents and purposes, it will be impossible to distinguish between 10.2% and 12.8% in game.  

Had I known the impact of the profession being released it might look totally different in the coming months for now, though I have to agree that the sample/ dynamics of the classes are looking pretty nice

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

At this point, Elementalist.

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261

I am going with warrior, I mean a sword in each hand and covered in heavy armor how can I say no... But it is good to see a nice spread across each class being quite even. Arena Net have done their job!

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Norn Guardian for my first character.

• mesmerisemesmerise Member UncommonPosts: 200

I voted for thief, though as you probably guess by name I do intend to play a mesmer as well.  The other two classes that I am interested in are guardian and elementalist.