Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Top 10 Reasons to Play SWTOR - Part 3

2»

Comments

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

I definitely agree with you on Huttball.  Huttball is one of the most interesting takes on CTF pvp in a long time. Doing a guide to Huttball would be good because organization is pretty key to winning Huttball. 

• linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589

Originally posted by jerlot65

Originally posted by metalguy23

I can think of 100 reasons not to play sorry but its a borefest. I see alot of boxes being sold and millions of players dropping out due to boredom and burnout by Feb March then it will stablize at 100K subs then later in the yr or 2013 free to play. Bioware should learn that kill this get that do raid get gear is tiresome and a borefest nowadays. They should have thought of a better way to design the game voices and cutscenes get old fast. I found myself hitting spacebar about 100 times my thumb was hurting. The whole WOW gameplay is old and boring, reason why I am waiting for GW2 which is the only game that seems somewhat interesting and a step up from Guild Wars 1. Everything else is cookie cutter and boring, I dont mind themepark but shake it up and change it up a bit make it exciting again. Noone seems to have an idea how to do that but Arenanet with GW2 (I know I played it it's pretty amazing). I love Star Wars but not done like this next time EA should think hey lets have Bioware create a deep awesome RPG and name it Star Wars KOTOR 3 using a new engine or hell even using the Dragon Age origins engine with some better textures etc. Oh well they will live and learn I guess. 

Ahh GW's combat is much like wow.  i played it.  its not that revolutionary......... Keep dreaming buddy of a game that wont happen (at least not for a looooooonnnnggggggg time).  Or maybe you should just pick up a console game next time you need a video game fix.

Uhhhh he said GW2 not GW1... Combat differs in the two games widely... GW2 combat is pretty much nothing alike...

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

I'm sorry pok, but all of your reasons still don't even come close to making me want to play, not that its not a valid list for others.

I'm sure that the #1 reason should be each and thier own, and 'fun' should be enough.

Funny thing is a lot of the times u make notes of things why NOT to play... lol :D

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

I hope GW2 is covered during open beta. ;)

• rx8993rx8993 Member UncommonPosts: 17

People will or not play SWTOR for their own reasons, i played beta and i saw nothing to make me go Woah! While Guild wars 2 (i saw it being mentioned a lot here) only from trailer got me to say Woah! so my money will go on GW2 not SWTOR.

Also i saw some people saying nothing special is added into SWTOR and if they add it in near future as patch/expansion i might consider playing it, for now my answer is: no, i wont play SWTOR.

I've learnt over the years not to get hyped at all about any game, regardless of how much I look forward to it(Dark and light, wish, darkfall, the list goes on)

SWTOR is not diffrent, I wanted and saved my cash(And noticed how much they made just by selling pre-orders.. ROFL omg like they say, a fool and his money are easy parted) and now that I can see 'actual' gameplay, I'm not really saying to myself 'ooooh wow thats new' or anything even close like that. I Don't even get the 'Nolgista' feeling.

I Guess the issue is that companies who try to reach outside the box get burnt so often. Each time a 'unique' attempt goes belly up, 2 future attempts are cancled/reconsiderd.

But, all that being said, if you enjoy a game, REGARDLESS of what us forum trolls say, PLAY it. They are there for somebody's enjoyment, and regardless of whos behind a product, if it gets played, and its liked, it deserves a spot.

• NiteynightNiteynight Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by NameWasTaken

Hot Pokket!

I wonder what flavour she is? Spicy Hawaiian Style? Four Cheese Garlic Pasta Bake?

Can't wait for that crispy, crunchy, tender flaky crust! You're not hungry for games, your hungry for HOT POKKET!

Get it? Hot Pokket? She's just trying to drive guys crazy, and who better than mmo players, guys that don't really care about women that much.

• AzariaAzaria Member Posts: 318

Its hard to take mmorpg articles seriously since they gave WOTLK the highest game rating they ever gave any game. Actually Most of their articles are rubbish.

• JarazarJarazar Member Posts: 231

I love your videos Pokket! But, have you never heard heartbreaker or kashmir by Led Zeppelin? How about some new music please.   :)

You do great work!

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

Originally posted by Azaria

Its hard to take mmorpg articles seriously since they gave WOTLK the highest game rating they ever gave any game. Actually Most of their articles are rubbish.

Yeah every gaming site which gives high scores to games i personaly dislike are such a joke. Who would take them seriously? after all entire world revolves around me and they need to understand that no likes or dislikes other than my own matters.

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

Originally posted by onthestick

Originally posted by Azaria

Yeah every gaming site which gives high scores to games i personaly dislike are such a joke. Who would take them seriously? after all entire world revolves around me and they need to understand that no likes or dislikes other than my own matters.

Well all flaming aside, u can see that someone has been 'paid' somehow with some of these 'high end' developers. Do a little looking and see the 'our rating' of X and the 'player' rating of x-y, where y is a fair bit :P

But some sites need to make money to keep going.. and I'm sure the 'extra' freebies keep these guys fed.

I haven't taken mmorpg.com reviews to heart for a loooooong loooong time now, I cant trust that what I'm reading is 'real' or just a extended ad for the game. The only 'trustworthy' review is asking other players. MMORPG.com workers are not 'normal players' and have not been for a while.

• wolfendragowolfendrago Member Posts: 4

I would like to say that the article was ok and for all you people who thinks that this sight is crap I dare you to do better if you can't then STFU. it not as easy to do when you know maybe a billion people will look at it maybe you will do good maybe you will fail epicly other then that the artical was this person reason it doesn't mean it should be your reason as everyone is different and for the idiot who said pvp doesn't work  it does on a PVP server maybe your dumb arse was on a PVE server where pvp is limited to duels and certain battle grounds. in my opinion it jackarses that complain about pvp that are crying cause they can't just Gank someone over and over and over so they say crap like the pvp don't work the boys and girls at bioware did a great job with TOR the world realy does feel like your in the starwars universe and not some WoW ripoff with a cosmetic change or any other game that predates WoW. any brand new cutting edge game that may come out will undoubtably have fans as well as those who hate it. if your going to do an article about the game and if you liked it your going to give reason to why you liked it and if there was things you did not like you will give those it is how other people will look at something but a truely openminded person will look beyound those comment and look at the game and see if it fits what your taste in game are.if your lucky and get in on a beta then you can test out what they have before any changes are done. most article that has any weaight to them give details to what they experianced I would hate to read or watch some spazzoid repeating like a blithering idiot how awsome a game he played was  with no substance or immages to show what he is talking about. and sorry to say it there are far too many gamers out there that have little to no ability to do an article without looking like a spaz. and that includes those that through out flam comments on articles that do show good things and bad.

• KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482

reason #11  You will be wearing a Twi'lek costume your next SWTOR review

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com