Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We're being played.

Comments

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by laserit

Originally posted by eccoton

Originally posted by BarCrow

I guess if everyone pre-ordered the day they announced pre-orders then maybe everyone could launch today. But they didnt..so they can't. You're getting pissed over semantics....they didn't sell us anything except a game. If you pre-ordered the game  then you could get early access as a perk. It is what it is.  I didn't pay extra for early access...I paid what I planned on paying once I saw the different options. I didn't even know if there was early access when I pre-ordered because I didn't read about it at that time. I fail to see how we are being "played". When it's not costing me anymore than I ever intended to pay AND I get 7 days advance play. I wish more companies would play me like this....oh ..that's right..they have ....because I've  played at least 3 other MMOS that offered the same deal..pre-order=headstart. No one bitched then..well..that I remember.I was too busy playing.

If you bought the game digitally from origin for early access you did pay an extra 5 dollars as a seperate fee.

You sure it wasnt a deposit?

At gamestop's here in Canada you have to pay a $5.00 deposit on a pre order for any game period. It isnt an extra charge and gets taken off the final bill for the game/games

Origin charged 5usd + the price of the game. So no its not a deposit

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

Originally posted by Paithan

I guess if everyone pre-ordered the day they announced pre-orders then maybe everyone could launch today. But they didnt..so they can't. You're getting pissed over semantics....they didn't sell us anything except a game. If you pre-ordered the game  then you could get early access as a perk. It is what it is.  I didn't pay extra for early access...I paid what I planned on paying once I saw the different options. I didn't even know if there was early access when I pre-ordered because I didn't read about it at that time. I fail to see how we are being "played". When it's not costing me anymore than I ever intended to pay AND I get 7 days advance play. I wish more companies would play me like this....oh ..that's right..they have ....because I've  played at least 3 other MMOS that offered the same deal..pre-order=headstart. No one bitched then..well..that I remember.I was too busy playing.

If you bought the game digitally from origin for early access you did pay an extra 5 dollars as a seperate fee.

At gamestop's here in Canada you have to pay a $5.00 deposit on a pre order for any game period. It isnt an extra charge and gets taken off the final bill for the game/games

Boy then this should really piss ya off... I pre-ordered from Amazon, never paid a dime... and got a first wave invite lol.

Which leads me to my next point... I cancelled my CE pre-order and still got a wave 1 invite rofl... But I just couldn't stomach another theme park, besides it is funny to sit here and watch all of the people have meltdowns about not getting to play early lol.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

Originally posted by sammyeli

To be fair enough, if someone did order to get early access, and now is not getting early access, I think that says it all right there. I would rather wait in a que for 2 hours than get only 1 day of early access and still have paid for it thinking I am getting this.

I have not seen any previous MMO that offered early access where the servers crashed because of over population, and thats pretty laughable. Thats why there was a stress test? no? like 2 weeks ago? with 2 million players?

Just saying they said if you purchased this game under these rules such a pre -order now you "Will BE ENTITLED TO EARLY ACCESS"  hence anyone who did IS ENTITLED.

Oh wells I am not going to buy the game just yet but this is not how early access works.

That's EXACTLY how a correct early access works! While preordering the message was crystal clear: "Preorders will get UP TO 5 days of early game access" If one can't grasp what "UP TO" means then he has severe comprehension issues. 

Only 2 servers crashed a few hours back and the issue was dealt with. 

Stop bitching about everything.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

They do take off the amount. It costs $54.99 plus $5 preorder fee if you get it off of Amazon, so $59.99 + tax. The same as you'd pay in stores.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Actually, they didn't charge you the price of the game yet. They charged the full price, then refunded everything except $5.  So you WILL get charged again on launch day.  

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

If you order from Origin online there is a note of a "5 dollar pre order fee".

But its the same price 59.99, as at other retailers such as gamestop, bestbuy ect. So I dont think you were charged an additional 5 bucks to get into early access. More likely to justify the same $59.99 for a digital copy as a physical copy.

I know at gamestop I can put 5 on it, enter in the code, and then switch the 5 bucks to another game reserve and whatnot. Either way no one was scammed. And even if you were scammed for 5 bucks its nothing to get upset about IMO. Chances are people who are raging today will be playing in a day or so and be happy as can be.

Originally posted by Soki123

If you don t like it cancel your damn pre order and don t play. This is the biggest whinefest I ve seen over absolutely nothing. You would have a right to bitch if they stated otherwise, but they didn t. Get over it, and maybe you wouldn t be so cranky and probably have a headache from refreshing your e mail all day.

Why is this such a big deal. People are to damn spoiled nowadays, they think everyone owes them the world.

Grow up and deal with it.

This is an mmo people do not deal with mmos rationally. I do wonder way EA charge an extra 5 dollars for early access. No other mmo I preorderd has ever done that. I think that makes what EA is doing with a stagger launch suspicous for many players. This is actually an interesting discussion more then it is a whinefest. People have responded to my post as if I am upset, far from it. I just think people don't get it, EA is doing this for money not charity. Nothing wrong with this they made the game to make big big bucks.

If the $5 is not a reserve fee with the remaining game charge to apply on day of launch...if it truly is $5 dollars on top of the regular price...then order from somewhere else. I paid no extra charge for pre-ordering from Amazon.

Saw your reply to my prior post just now: If they are truly charging an extra $5 and it isn't a deposit..then that is bullshit.

its in dutch but Im sure you can figure out the important stuff

STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digitale Deluxe Edition

Bestellen

PC

PEGI 12+

€  69,99

Reserveringskosten Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition

Downloadbare

PC

€ 5,00

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Zarynterk

Originally posted by Atibra

If you really don't think an exp/commendations/item exploit isn't an issue for PvP - then you don't do competitive PvP.

Then you're not much of a competetive PVP'er if you didnt preorder soon enough to get in today... so there =P

I would think a truly competitive PVP'er would be up to the challenge of overcoming any handicaps they faced and prevailing in the face of adversity, anyone can jump in early and win by default.

If they were really skilled of course. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

To be fair enough, if someone did order to get early access, and now is not getting early access, I think that says it all right there. I would rather wait in a que for 2 hours than get only 1 day of early access and still have paid for it thinking I am getting this.

I have not seen any previous MMO that offered early access where the servers crashed because of over population, and thats pretty laughable. Thats why there was a stress test? no? like 2 weeks ago? with 2 million players?

Just saying they said if you purchased this game under these rules such a pre -order now you "Will BE ENTITLED TO EARLY ACCESS"  hence anyone who did IS ENTITLED.

Oh wells I am not going to buy the game just yet but this is not how early access works.

Quoting this right here again!

That doesn't make sense.  They said UP TO five days of early access.  You are ENTITLED to UP TO 5 days of early access. 1 day falls into that UP TO 5 days of early access that you were promised. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by Zarynterk

Originally posted by Atibra

If you really don't think an exp/commendations/item exploit isn't an issue for PvP - then you don't do competitive PvP.

Then you're not much of a competetive PVP'er if you didnt preorder soon enough to get in today... so there =P

I would think a truly competitive PVP'er would be up to the challenge of overcoming any handicaps they faced and prevailing in the face of adversity, anyone can jump in early and win by default.

If they were really skilled of course. image

You would think... The fail is strong with this PVP'er me thinks...

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224

OP that enraged he hasnt got in game yet??? some peoples kids i tell ya

C

• Proximo521Proximo521 Member UncommonPosts: 283

OMG... What a bunch of cry babies. Get over yourselves and be a little patient. Dont you guys have something better to do other wait to see if you got your invite to early access or launch or whatever the hell they are calling it? Get a life.

• OnetoOneto Member UncommonPosts: 26

I'll just leave this here...

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by nerovipus32

Originally posted by Panther2103

The reason nobody was bitching then was simply because they didn't release the game in waves to people. I pre ordered because I had the money at the time and was expecting to get into all of the head start, I wanted the headstart simply because I don't have time to play it for a week after launch, so thats the only reason I'm pissed.

you originally thought the headstart was the 15th, so nothing should have changed as you you've been prepared for the 15th for awhile now.

True. I'll agree with Panther2103 that the other headstarts were not rolling headstarts but the fact that TOR's is setup this way is no surprise They have stated it would be done as such since they announced an early release. Pretty much since they went on sale for pre-order..possibly sooner. I haven't read every forum posts or announcement so this may be possible.

Originally posted by dubyahite

Actually, they didn't charge you the price of the game yet. They charged the full price, then refunded everything except $5.  So you WILL get charged again on launch day.  

Ok they explain me this..

Bestellen

PC

PEGI 12+

Downloadbare

PC

€5,00

Subtotaal:

€ 74,99

Which was fully charged to my CC. So you mean to tell me EA is going to refund me 5usd on the actual release?

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by StanlyStanko

We are not entitled to this game until the 20th so anyone crying about bonus/early access can simply STFU and have a Pepsi.

Some retailers in some territories had a very clear promotion. You pre-order you get access to the headstart, not 'up to x days headstart' the whole shebang. The sweetner for pre-ordering was clear, that you would be first to access the live version. Just saying. I imagine that people that bought on the strength of that offer rightly feel entitled to what was advertised. Of course with the extra couple of days it does seem churlish to argue the toss before Thursday however people are entitled to what they where offered as part of a promotion.

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224

Originally posted by Oneto

Yes and its the first day of early game access, it doesnt say ATLEAST 5 DAYS OF EARLY GAME ACCESS, l2read

C

Which was fully charged to my CC. So you mean to tell me EA is going to refund me 5usd on the actual release?

That isn't relevant to what I was saying at all.  What I'm saying is that you haven't payed for the full game yet.

I wasn't talking about the extra $5 dollar thing. I was talking about the fact that they refund everything except the $5 and are going to charge you again on launch day for the full game.  

Maybe you should try re-reading my response. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by PukeBucket

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Originally posted by Badgered86

Imagine if any other game launched but didn't allow everyone who purchased the game to log in on day one.  People would be raging and gaming media would be all over it.  That's exactly what is happening here...

Wait... they're pushing back the Dec 20th release date to later in the year? Or are you saying only some people will be allowed in on the 20th and not others?

He's saying the actual launch date is 12-13-2011, where as the advertised is 12-20-2011.

Basically BW and EA thought of a clever way to keep the usual.. "Everyone logs in at once and the servers crash" issue at bay, and they sold this as a "bonus" to players.

When actually, it's nothing special to begin with.

Hmm interesting bit of deductive reasoning.

I help make apps and we have the same issue.

So we go to our mailing lists of those signed up to watch for the release and do the same thing.

Servers like a few thousand logging in at a time, and it gives engineers time to make proper adjustments when our metrics come in.

Holy crap, you thought we were serious. :/

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Bestellen

PC

PEGI 12+

Downloadbare

PC

€5,00

Subtotaal:

€ 74,99

That is YOUR problem. I pre-ordered from Amazon.com and I didn't get charged for any Pre-Order.

Originally posted by mrshroom89

Yes and its the first day of early game access, it doesnt say ATLEAST 5 DAYS OF EARLY GAME ACCESS, l2read

I could be wrong but my cc was charged 69,99 for the game and 5usd for preordering.

Nope Im not, they charge me 74,99 right after I clicked confirm order.

Im not concerned about the extra time or the head start but they DID charget the full price right away, and I DID pay extra for the pre-order and their early access promise.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by Badgered86

Imagine if any other game launched but didn't allow everyone who purchased the game to log in on day one.  People would be raging and gaming media would be all over it.  That's exactly what is happening here...

Wait... they're pushing back the Dec 20th release date to later in the year? Or are you saying only some people will be allowed in on the 20th and not others?

He's saying the actual launch date is 12-13-2011, where as the advertised is 12-20-2011.
    Basically BW and EA thought of a clever way to keep the usual.. "Everyone logs in at once and the servers crash" issue at bay, and they sold this as a "bonus" to players.
    When actually, it's nothing special to begin with.

Hmm interesting bit of deductive reasoning.

I help make apps and we have the same issue.
    So we go to our mailing lists of those signed up to watch for the release and do the same thing.
    Servers like a few thousand logging in at a time, and it gives engineers time to make proper adjustments when our metrics come in.

Holy crap, you thought we were serious. :/

There's a ton of mouth breathers on these forums. You gave me no indication otherwise, so I offered a polite answer.

You're welcome.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

hmmm.  74.99 + 5.00 = 79.99?

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

Originally posted by ABRaquel

Bestellen

PC

PEGI 12+

Downloadbare

PC

€5,00

Subtotaal:

€ 74,99

That is YOUR problem. I pre-ordered from Amazon.com and I didn't get charged for any Pre-Order.

Thats the sides the point. But i DID pay extra. I dont care about the extra money, heck I spent more then that on a cup of cofee at lunch. Bottom line is we(or atleast some of us) did pay extra.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

"the balance will be charged"

Sounds like a deposit to me. You will just have to wait to see your reciept.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee