Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR already in 2nd place for subs

ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Well I'm guessing but lol they've already surpassed the pops of other established MMOs in 2 hours.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

Comments

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

so did Warhammer Online. 

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

No one has subbed yet.

Just saying.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

No they aren't, they haven't got any subs yet. They've got game purchases and everyone already knew that was going to be over 1 million.

• ToodlesToodles Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by Chieftan

Well I'm guessing but lol they've already surpassed the pops of other established MMOs in 2 hours.

You must be new to MMo's.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

No one has subbed yet. It's just pre-order numbers. Lets see how the game fairs in 1, 2, 3 months.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Originally posted by fony

so did Warhammer Online. 

LOL ya I'm sure this is gonna turn out just like that catastrophe.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

I'm expecting this to be one of the biggest launches in history if not the biggest, and i'm expecting GW2 to surpass this even.

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

so did Warhammer Online. 

I seriously doubt this is going to be another Warhammer Online.  WAR was basically an unfinished game when it came out.  SWTOR, on the other hand, is far more polished.  It's a finished product.  You may not like it for other reasons, but you can't say that's it's not finished or not ready for prime time.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Rift did the same...Rift and WAR had similar releases (minor this staggering crap)...true test is in 6 months.

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

so did Warhammer Online. 

LOL ya I'm sure this is gonna turn out just like that catastrophe.

Yes exactly. SWTOR servers are going to crash and lag, rubber banding everywhere. Large scale pvp not working and servers lagging to death everytime 100 players gather at one place. End game full of bugs and not working even after one year of release... no content updates..

Exactly like WAR.

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by biggarfoot

I'm expecting this to be one of the biggest launches in history if not the biggest, and i'm expecting GW2 to surpass this even.

I would really love to see what all you guys see with GW2... but I just don't. 

As to the OP - Aion was at 3.5 million or so last I checked. 

Originally posted by crysent

Rift did the same...Rift and WAR had similar releases (minor this staggering crap)...true test is in 6 months.

The staggering is a good idea even if it is unpopular amongst some inpatient players.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Considering that other than WOW the big players all have F2P options TOR better be second in subs, after people  pay for their preorders and actually pay a sub of course.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

Originally posted by Praetalus

Aion was done by NCSoft. NCSoft tradtionally carries the asian heavy games. The NA/Euro populations in Aion are miniscule.

Originally posted by Rusty715

Considering that other than WOW the big players all have F2P options TOR better be second in subs, after people  pay for their preorders and actually pay a sub of course.

Since when did Rift go F2P?

derp first whole in logic. More to come.

Sir, a majority of those would be Asian subs and I was under the impression that on this site, Asian accounts don't really count.  If you're talking about WoW anyway.

But I do agree about GW2.  Korean devs pump out something similar every other day.  I just don't see what stands out about it.

Originally posted by Toodles

Aion was done by NCSoft. NCSoft tradtionally carries the asian heavy games. The NA/Euro populations in Aion are miniscule.

Doesn't matter, its still an MMO. Lineage 2 also had a good couple of million back in the day. Or do these games not count simply because they are in another part of the world?

Sir, a majority of those would be Asian subs and I was under the impression that on this site, Asian accounts don't really count.  If you're talking about WoW anyway.

But I do agree about GW2.  Korean devs pump out something similar every other day.  I just don't see what stands out about it.

I dont think the Devs really care if the subs come from Asia, NA, or Europe, they all count in their book, regardless if you agree or not.

Since when did Rift become a major player? It has to stand the test of time to even be considered.  {mod edit}

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

Originally posted by dreamsofwar

Doesn't matter, its still an MMO. Lineage 2 also had a good couple of million back in the day. Or do these games not count simply because they are in another part of the world?

Exactly. Glad you understand.

I dont think the Devs really care if the subs come from Asia, NA, or Europe, they all count in their book, regardless if you agree or not.

That might be on true but on this site there's special rules about counting subs.  Basically Asian subs don't count and you can use to that to disprove WoW's sub numbers.  You just have to hang around the boards here a litte more and you'll see.

Since when did Rift become a major player? It has to stand the test of time to even be considered. Careful sonny your fanboi is showing.

I've been playing online games longer than you've been alive most likely, but I'll take a sonny comment any day of the week.

if you're honestly trying to say Rift isn't a major contender, then your entire comment is an even bigger flaw. It wouldn't hurt to say that I only played Rift for the first month and quit right after.

The difference here is, I can look at things objectively and use actual present day facts.

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

so did Warhammer Online. 

As did STO I believe (via box sales).   Even SWG beat EQ at the time, but then fell sharply, as people did not resub.

Imo the real indicator is the resub numbers in about 3-4 months.

I wouldn't say Rift isn't a major contender, isn't it bringing out quality content at the moment like the Ember Isles? Ive never played the game but i wouldn't say the market is going to be restricted to WoW, Star Wars and Eve, Rift may yet prove to be worthy in the coming months.

Since when did Rift become a major player? It has to stand the test of time to even be considered. Careful sonny your fanboi is showing.

I've been playing online games longer than you've been alive most likely, but I'll take a sonny comment any day of the week.

if you're honestly trying to say Rift isn't a major contender, then your entire comment is an even bigger flaw. It wouldn't hurt to say that I only played Rift for the first month and quit right after.

The difference here is, I can look at things objectively and use actual present day facts.

{mod edit} A year, 18 months RIft can be purchased for $5. If that is a major player I guess we had better include Darkfall and MO on your list of great games too huh? {mod edit}