Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst mmo launch ever?

1235»

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Originally posted by evemaster00

EDITED:  http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1854

MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ON THE SWTOR AGREE THAT THEY WOULD HAVE PREFERED A LAUNCH WITH LAG AND SERVER QUEUES THAN THE SITUATION WE HAVE NOW - I SUPPOSE THEY'RE ALL TROLLING?

Let's look at things this way. How many people are actually in and playing the game now? Not many obviously.

Let's compare this to a greatly problematic mmo launch, where the servers are struggling, some are crashing and so on.

I'd say more players would be enjoying themselves in option 2, where they just let everyone in, instead, most players are hammering their emails, the swtor site and gaming forums hoping they'll be in soon, when they might not be in for days.

Just which option is worse? The first option is, with the staggered launch, more players are locked out of the game than would have been if they just let everyone in at once.

It could have worked because of the time of day they chose to launch it, they chose the complete opposite of prime time. For me, this is the worst mmo launch ever, the game is up, some people are in, but the majority of people cannot play. This is actually worse than a problematic launch with servers crashing would have been.

They've effectively made the launch feel as bad as the worst launch you could imagine with constant crashes and the game being unavailable to the majority of players. Because that's exactly what it is, the game is not available to the majority of players, there's no question about it that a lot of players right now would like to play and they can't. No different than crashing servers and being unable to play.

I bet there would be a whole lot less annoyed people if they had just opened the servers up to everyone.

I count the same message 9 times here. I think someone is really angry that he didn't get into the first wave.

Harbinger of Fools
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Soki123

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by evemaster00
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1854
    MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ON THE SWTOR AGREE THAT THEY WOULD HAVE PREFERED A LAUNCH WITH LAG AND SERVER QUEUES THAN THE SITUATION WE HAVE NOW - I SUPPOSE THEY'RE ALL TROLLING?

They could just be dumb. Or possibly (gasp) a vocal minority? Can it be? A small percentage of the people who want to play express their opinion loudly and repeatedly? I don't know, that might be crazy talk there...

It s only 5 pages of whiners, not like it s 100 pages already. It s just like you said a vocal minority.

You're leaving out all the inevitable back and forth arguments that are occurring. It could be 5 pages of 10 people going back and forth.

** edit **
    Also, there are 10 posts per page, so that's a pretty short thread by mmorpg reckoning.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• trozyxxxtrozyxxx Member UncommonPosts: 249

Is it trolling and anti BW to post anything negitive?

Its a safe launch, but IMHO its not a good launch.

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367

Originally posted by Joshua69

*snip*

is that what happens when you are  a spoiled child? 

Aww...EA is your daddy?  Afraid to be spanked?

• ooazraelooooazraeloo Member UncommonPosts: 94

TL;DR

game officially launches the 20th. get in before then... have fun, if you didnt, blame yourself for waiting so long to pre-order.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Originally posted by Veldekar

Is Eve down for maintenance or something?

LOL that's drama queen central.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

This discussion has been closed.