Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Stealth running flashpoints: can it be done?

DarkPonyDarkPony RotterdamPosts: 5,566Member

Question for some of the long time beta players I suppose:

Is it possible to do some flashpoints with stealth based classes only and skip some of the trash?

I had a blast in WOW doing some instances with rogues and druids only; really challenging to remain undetected and pretty hairy boss encounters too. All in all the time gained skipping trash wasn't so very much (but an advantage nonetheless) but it was first and foremost a lot of FUN.

Hoping SWTOR allows for a similar approach.

Anyone experience with this?

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Edmonton, ABPosts: 2,126Member Uncommon

I would bet to start ... until the devs kill all sense of fun from stealthing like ALL other games do because they think that being able to reach 0.001% extra content is SOOOOOOOOOOO unbalanced.

You stay sassy!

• chopgrchopgr AthensPosts: 179Member

If i remember well , there are minions you have to kill that act as trigger to carry on the story-flashpoint.

So based on that, i'd say, no.

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

• KellerKeller UtrechtPosts: 254Member

the only flashpoint I have done, had a boss who was triggered by accessing 2 consoles at the same time. So solo stealth is not an option, I guess.

• DarkPonyDarkPony RotterdamPosts: 5,566Member

Originally posted by chopgr

If i remember well , there are minions you have to kill that act as trigger to carry on the story-flashpoint.

So based on that, i'd say, no.

Well, it was the same in some of the WOW instances: you need to kill specific mobs / bosses to open the doors to be able to proceed, etc. But that didn't stop us from doing stealth runs. Only when those specific mobs bosses can't be dealt with safely, (i.e. only by aggroing the trash you just skipped) it's undoable.

I think it comes down to the question how effective stealthing around elite mobs is in instances / what the ranges of their detection cones are.

• trozyxxxtrozyxxx GlasgowPosts: 249Member

I have a vauge memory about smugglers getting a group stealth, (might be out of line just blurting out something thats not true) if true that could be cool.

I took a smuggler up to only 15 and didnt notice anything like it.... other than ofc my pet would stealth with me, mabye thats the stealth they meant.