Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Mesmer Revealed as Final Class & Reddit AME Event

13»

Comments

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by wizyy

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Very Happy!

Hi there Avery, haven't bumped into your posts for the longest time... Used to be member of your alliance in AoC (when the game launched).

[Mod Edit]

Back on topic, mesmer video on youtube that someone posted looks like it was made early in development? Or made with really low graphic setting.

GW2 is still the best outlook for new MMORPGs in 2012, though. If only ArcheAge was released in the same year... sigh.

All of the skill videos from ArenaNet seem to be of low resolution. The play videos from the conventions look a ton better than the skill videos.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

If Ask me Anything and no one ask about the beta dates......I might flip

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• cherengacherenga Member Posts: 19

Definitely human or silvary Mesmer, looks unique.

I think Anet is not interfering with TOR on purpose, they anticipated months ago that the last profession  was to be announced around this date when noone suspected a thing about SWtor release date.  TOR is a pandora's box at the moment and nothing is gonna stop followers from opening  it, then mesmer appirance in GW2  is not exactly the best ace up Anet's sleeve to achieve that. So... stop seeing non existing things unless u were under a mesmer ilussion.

*excuse bad english*

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328
    Mesmer is gonna be such a fun class to play with Anets buddy system ^^
  • KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Looks absolutely amazing!

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240

Mesmer is a great anti-anything character if it is anything like the Guild Wars 1 version it will be very nice to play.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Mesmer was a cool character in GW1, but never appealed to me specifically.  The mesmer from these videos seems even better though!  I might play one.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960

Originally posted by channel84

A bit dissapointed with the new mesmer. 

Summoning minion and direct damage is not the playstyle i expect for mesmer. Invi field and portal is interesting but i miss the mess-with-your-mind style of combat skill mesmer have in original gw. The satisfaction of turning your enemy skill and attack againts them and making them useless is imo the essence of mesmer in guild war 1. The new incarnation is too direct for my liking

I agree completely.

My favorite skill in GW1 was the one where you put a curse on enemy. That makes every attack he makes actually hurt himself.

You put this on the boss monster while he does big bang attack, and he one hit kills himself. LOL

Anyway.

I am sure these skills are still in. Just were not attractive for the video.

Except that portal jumping skill !

Wow that was epic fun!

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

I'm not impressed... They should of saved a new class design for the final mystery class not one that I knew would make it in do to popularity in GW1.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

lots of people getting excited about the mesmer due to that video?

I must be missing something.

all that video showed is the mesmer basically one shotting shit, or making it so stuff dies without even being agro'd.

ah well, whatever floats your boat I guess.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

All the class videos are like that.  You are supposed to be watching the skills and how they operate.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• NL-RikkertNL-Rikkert Member UncommonPosts: 134

wow big suprise... NOT!

seriously woudlve anyone even bothered with a GW without mesmer?

i know i wouldnt.

now i gotta play

1. Necro

2. Ranger

3. Mesmer

4. Thief

5. Engi

6. Ele

now just give us a release date plz! this game is MINE MINE MINE!

STOOPID
    When someone does something so utterly moronic that it kills your brain cells at the very thought of it.

• MangaMaidenMangaMaiden Member Posts: 180

Thief or Mesmer.....

0_0

Get back to me on that one! image

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Well:(  What a surprise. I see new mmo revolution in some 1000 years when we invent hyper drive and make first contact with some allien species.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Originally posted by NL-Rikkert

wow big suprise... NOT!

seriously woudlve anyone even bothered with a GW without mesmer?

i know i wouldnt.

now i gotta play

1. Necro

2. Ranger

3. Mesmer

4. Thief

5. Engi

6. Ele

now just give us a release date plz! this game is MINE MINE MINE!

From CIA sources---q2  2016

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Yeah, we all pretty much called it. Love the weapon variety, thogh.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

That was really cool.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by palulalula

Well:(  What a surprise. I see new mmo revolution in some 1000 years when we invent hyper drive and make first contact with some allien species.

Revolution is done by the "little people" :P

Expect small studios to bring new and exciting ideas - much like the Minecraft dude...

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by wormywyrm

All the class videos are like that.  You are supposed to be watching the skills and how they operate.

I thought class reveal trailers were more about watching the skills and how cool they look.

..but how they operate?  From a 30 second clip?  Months before the game is out?  

MEH.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• elos_rekatelos_rekat Member Posts: 106

These vids give me two more concerns about GW2. 

1) the stupid Asian style graphics.  Stupid refers to the graphics style not Asians.

2) the absurdly oversized weapons

I'll still probably due a free trial, but I'm not expecting to buy it.  Maybe a free trial will change my mind.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by elos_rekat

1) the stupid Asian style graphics.  Stupid refers to the graphics style not Asians.

I'll still probably due a free trial, but I'm not expecting to buy it.  Maybe a free trial will change my mind.

The other videos I've watched didn't gave me the same "asian" style vibe as did this one. The girl in video runs with the exact same animation (like a ballet dancer, but worse) like in countless other korean/chinese mmorpg.

So I'm inclined to think this may be something from early in development, or I just didn't watch enough GW2 videos :P

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Originally posted by wizyy

Originally posted by elos_rekat

The other videos I've watched didn't gave me the same "asian" style vibe as did this one. The girl in video runs with the exact same animation (like a ballet dancer, but worse) like in countless other korean/chinese mmorpg.

So I'm inclined to think this may be something from early in development, or I just didn't watch enough GW2 videos :P

No, you're right... It is something from early development, and it's because they added the Asian style characters because they were doing the convention somewhere in Korea or China, and they wanted ppl to have character costumization which they like. It's probably connected (which char sytle you choose with how it acts). Tho it's really looking good, can't say I'm not liking it.

Regarding free trial... GW2 won't have a free trial, most probably. Since it's a B2P game I don't really see a point of it. It's not like other B2P games offer you a free trial, and other MMORPGs usually don't offer a free trial untill some good amount of time from release has passed. Tho what I can say is - see you in game :P

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------