Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Mesmer Revealed as Final Class & Reddit AME Event

Comments

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

Wooo! Looking forward to Mesmer now even more.

• PalmyCloudPalmyCloud Member Posts: 79

It's Engineer for me, that was clear when he was revealed but I will definitely give him (or her hehe;-)) a try in PVP. I like the teleportation skill and group skills.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Wait, I was the only one unimpressed by that trailer?  I can't wait for the game and all, but I don't know, that seemed kinda meh... Guess it's just not my kind of class or something :P

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• mrxennonmrxennon Member Posts: 209

Originally posted by Vhaln

Wait, I was the only one unimpressed by that trailer?  I can't wait for the game and all, but I don't know, that seemed kinda meh... Guess it's just not my kind of class or something :P

If its anything like the GW1 Mesmer it was a class that was either played very well by a player who knew what they were doing or played terribly by a player who didnt know how to play it well.  It wasnt the best video to demonstrate the full capabilities of a Mesmer, but hiding a full party looked like a cool trick. I'm very much a fan of them illusion spells.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

it's like the mesmer can do almost everything the other classes can do: cloaks, summons, slows, teleports... even uses non-caster type weapons. i did imagine GW2's mesmer can use a rifle, but a greatsword? totally cool!

it's not the weapons that make a mesmer, it's the attitude!

butterflies and purple is in!

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534

Originally posted by Lobotomist

My only fear was that they will actually not do mesmer class. For whatever reason.

Now I am happy

This.

Love the Mesmer class.

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190

Mesmer being last class.... not a surprise.

Mesmers being able to use pistols and 2H melee weapons.... Epic!

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by natuxatu

Looks cool.. i might consider playing one now even though I never played one in GW1. But honestly a class reveal at this point is just not enough. It's taking way too long for this game to make any real progress. I'm too jadded to really care about anything other than a release date at this point.. and a lot of guild wars fans on a fansite i go to our feeling the same way.

Yeh they are taking the "when its done" concept a little to far even though its fallen a little under the radar, after the Hype of TOR is done and dusted, the hype of GW2 is raise again you just wait and see =) and i do agree we need more and a damn release date!!!

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    i got to say mesmer as always been the most underestimated class and one of the hardest to play but god it is a cool and scary class.if you havent tried gw1 mesmer go try it it is impressive.
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    it is done when its done is fine by me.some have the jitter because arenanet announced it way to much in advance.any game announcing 6 month in advance risk the chance of not being up to expectation no mather what the game maker do
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

I think I can see why they waited till last to reveal this class. Not to build the hype, but because it looks like class like the mesmir could be a pain to balance. If they were able to balance (as best as possible) a class like that, then it won't be long now. I thought the video was pretty decent and can't wait to read what the abilities were come wed.  I plan on trying every class since I am an altohalic, but this one might have just jumped near the top. Looks fun.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

A bit dissapointed with the new mesmer. 

Summoning minion and direct damage is not the playstyle i expect for mesmer. Invi field and portal is interesting but i miss the mess-with-your-mind style of combat skill mesmer have in original gw. The satisfaction of turning your enemy skill and attack againts them and making them useless is imo the essence of mesmer in guild war 1. The new incarnation is too direct for my liking

• WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! YESSS!!!! YESSSSS!! YES YES YES!!

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

I wonder who leaked it and what's going to happen to that poor soul :p

Mesmer might be my 5th class for the last race I will play.  It's a toss up between that and warrior atm for me.  

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

It's kind of stupid seeing all the time news about a game when another game i about to launch.

It gets old boring uninspiring and fail as well.

When i was given swtor beta i was given path of exile beta as well.What a jerks they are.They though i would leave swtor for poe.

Now that swtor prereleases we have a gw 2 reveal.

Nice try but that looks very kid behaviour and in to my eyes it sucks.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I was always going to be a Mesmer, but WOW they really outdid themselves with this class. Looks amazing. Love the illusionary allies and the chaos storm! And Greatswords??? Awesome!

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Very Happy!

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Mesmer is a unique class, its a relief to know its made it into the game.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

How is it kid behavior ??  Who cares is another game is coming out.

But I think we all knew this was coming, and looks pretty awesome, im sure will have one as an alt.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Very Happy!

Hi there Avery, haven't bumped into your posts for the longest time... Used to be member of your alliance in AoC (when the game launched).

[Mod Edit]

Back on topic, mesmer video on youtube that someone posted looks like it was made early in development? Or made with really low graphic setting.

GW2 is still the best outlook for new MMORPGs in 2012, though. If only ArcheAge was released in the same year... sigh.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

*lights a blunt* was it good for you?

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

gw2 "leak" day before swtor prelaunch? coincidence? I think not. Long live GW2.

• akiraclassakiraclass Member Posts: 16

It's getting "hot hot HOT"....  come on out gw2, time 2 shine image

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by Epicent

gw2 "leak" day before swtor prelaunch? coincidence? I think not. Long live GW2.

I don't really understand this mentality. I'm not coming down on you, but I'm seeing this all over the place and people need to consider something:

Someone from Anet didn't leak this, a Gaming Magazine did. Do you have ANY idea what that's going to do to their credibility? It's not like Anet's the only company that works with them, and now every company out there is going to think twice about giving that company any information about their game(s) because of this leak. It's a bit silly to think this was some strategic move by Anet, because the damage done to this gaming website/magazine's reputation is absolutely beyond repair after something like that.

Do you ~really~ think someone is going to take a hit to their reputation just to get ahead of SWTOR, for a company they're not even a part of? I mean...really?

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."