Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Opening Cinematic Video

Comments

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

360 p for 2011 is a joke 

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

Loved the Cinematic! Good Job Blizzard. Makes me want to play the game now. :) I so look forward to Diablo 3 and playing with my wife.

• KahPaoKahPao Member UncommonPosts: 18

Competely underwhelmed.  Even my 15 year old son was not impressed.. If this is the best they can do after all these years it's surprising.   So sad. 

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

I USED to live for Blizzard game cinematics.  what happened to this once great company ?

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

ppl pissing n whinning again...seems like thats all ppl do on this site...

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

i dont really get what most peoples problem is...

It introduces the catalyst that drives the plot and some characters from it.. just like it should. There will be many more motion videos throughout the game for us to feast our eyes on, im glad this isn't giving too much away... plus its a top quality animation (from a technical pov)

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • XxjagoxXXxjagoxX Member Posts: 148

Originally posted by Scypheroth

ppl pissing n whinning again...seems like thats all ppl do on this site...

I cant agree with you more... thats all they do is focus on negtive. Wah wah wah!!!! 90% of us will watch the opening only 1 time anyways...

• XxjagoxXXxjagoxX Member Posts: 148

Originally posted by Gorwe

I AM a Diablo Fan(or rather was until I found Warhammer: Fantasy, but meh), but the quality of this "product" is appalling to be blunt. Ever since BlizzNorth left the House quality of Blizz games has been in steady decline(am quite afraid how D3 may turn out).

Now as a GW Fan I must say that I am rather honoured that a mastodont that Blizz is has taken to copying GW2 methods(both evident in this "trailer" and MoP WoW expansion). That means that Blizzard trembles in the shadow of ArenaNet(or to quote Vindicare Assassin: " They will quake in my shadow!"-sort of ANet's stance towards other games).

If only they could capture a tiny fraction of Dark Bible feel from earlier titles(then again that is BlizzNorth's forte- Blizz forte are cartoon gimmicks). But what is apparent both from this trailer and actual in game footage is that Diablo is taking an U-turn and slowly turning away from it's Dark, Gritty foundations(they are to be replaced by LAZZORZ and Rokkitz and Death Rays and{wait until you get the kicks out of this one...} RAINBOWS!!!). Such a shame(I'll say!).

Anyone agrees with me?

No...

• teaabaagsteaabaags Member Posts: 10

Doesnt seem complete to me, like they showed the first half and are waiting to unveil the second half later. It's ok, but not up to standards overall..maybe if they show the rest it'll get better

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

intro is good but only 360...common.....make it at least 720.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

"I used to care about this game, but then I took an arrow to the knee"

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• doogle1983doogle1983 Member Posts: 4

Its a shame this had the potential to be a pretty nice cinematic,  i dont know why they used "sketch movie" if done right it looks awesome if used incorrectly it just doesn't feel right,  and sadly it didn't feel right in this. I just hope the game can hold its own after being away for such a long time.  I do feel were are in need of a dungeon crawler to pass the times.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by achesoma

That's the best they could come up with?  And in 360p at that.

It's in 720 on blizz'z site, for some reason MMORPG butchered it. Dosent realy mattter, as others have said it was pretty 'whatever'. Intro's can set the scene nicley (if done well) but seeing as most people will only watch them once or maybe twice they really aren't that big a deal.

• teoyaomiquiteoyaomiqui Member Posts: 98

Well, the release date is still unknown, I am sure you will see much bigger one, closer to the release. And there is a 720 resolution on official website...

• sidfusidfu Member Posts: 170

looks like as usual blizzard spends all the game budget on the intro and spends pennys on everything else

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Amazing movie as always from Blzzard. At least we would have some worthy games to play beside swtor and wow. I think GW2 developers can learn something from that Diablo movie, you should try with some real animation after 10-20 sec like Blizzard did guys, and not always same art on paper.

Originally posted by sidfu

looks like as usual blizzard spends all the game budget on the intro and spends pennys on everything else

lol imagine only what other game developers spend on games when they fail always in competition against Blizzard. You know--Blizzard=wow, diablo- you should try sometimes:)

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Then they must be the best company to have graced this planet? Seriously if they can earn billions of dollars by just investing pennies then my god talk about ROI :P

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

I loved Diablo I especially.  Diablo II was a good game, I had like 8 ears of level 50+ on the hardcore server at one point.  It was always fun.

I do not totally see how they are going to 'continue the magic' for me yet, but I will give this game a chance and I think it will be good.  I guess I have had some dissappointment with Blizzards last two games so my hopes arent super high.

WoW was so bland after my experiences with other MMORPGs I just didnt understand why people enjoyed it.

SC2 was good but the gameplay felt a lot like WC3 and not like SC1/BW like I was hoping for.  But the Blizzard RTS is always perfected in the expansions so that is what I am still counting on.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

Originally posted by fivoroth

Then they must be the best company to have graced this planet? Seriously if they can earn billions of dollars by just investing pennies then my god talk about ROI :P

+5 :)

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by Illyssia

Originally posted by Ceridith

Very... underwhelming in my opinion.

It cost a million dollars just to make that single trailer.

No.... It does not cost that much.

Originally posted by Gorilla

Originally posted by achesoma

That's the best they could come up with?  And in 360p at that.

It's in 720 on blizz'z site, for some reason MMORPG butchered it. Dosent realy mattter, as others have said it was pretty 'whatever'. Intro's can set the scene nicley (if done well) but seeing as most people will only watch them once or maybe twice they really aren't that big a deal.

Warcraft II and Warcraft III cinemas I watched REPEATEDLY -- I LOVED them, they set the tone.  I cant speak for anyone else, but I am sure I am not the only one who got pumped up watching the great cinemas Blizz once had a rep for.  I watched that one fight cinema between the orc and human foot solider for the WCIII teaser, DOZENS of times, before WC III even came out.  again, I somehow doubt I was the only one.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

The Diablo III Cinematic was one of the most gorgious pieces of CGI I've ever seen.  The detail in each frame was amazing.  It's just one small piece to a larger puzzle we'll get once D3 launches, and I can't wait.

Originally posted by wormywyrm

I loved Diablo I especially.  Diablo II was a good game, I had like 8 ears of level 50+ on the hardcore server at one point.  It was always fun.

I do not totally see how they are going to 'continue the magic' for me yet, but I will give this game a chance and I think it will be good.  I guess I have had some dissappointment with Blizzards last two games so my hopes arent super high.

WoW was so bland after my experiences with other MMORPGs I just didnt understand why people enjoyed it.

SC2 was good but the gameplay felt a lot like WC3 and not like SC1/BW like I was hoping for.  But the Blizzard RTS is always perfected in the expansions so that is what I am still counting on.

I bought a PC in 1996 just to play WC II.  Sadly, after wow and SC II, I think its well past time I stop giving Blizz chances.  I hope you enjoy Diablo III, but considering my opinions of Blizzards last 2 games, and the feel/impression of the lackluster cinemas, I am done with Blizz.  SC II was a waste of $70.  I could have bought some stock with that, or burned it in my back yard.

• MacroHardMacroHard Member Posts: 104

Azmodan's voice sounds really bad.  Other than that, meh..