Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Servers Announced

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Roin

Originally posted by Elikal

My guild was moved to "The Jekk'Jekk Thar"... whatever that is... ^^

If I remember right that was the name of the bar on Nar Shadar (sp?) from KOTOR2. It was an aliens only bar to I believe.

Ah yes, the Alien bar! Hm, for a GLBT friendly guild I say that makes sense! :D

I generally like the idea of Bioware trying to group like minded guilds as good as they can. Still, it feels weird to be such sorted. Now we all here end up on different servers, heh. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

The Red Eclipse for me .. sounds ok I guess :)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

KInrath Spider here.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216

Originally posted by Xarko

I'll see you in game then. =) Either side by side or face to face.

Originally posted by Roin

Originally posted by Elikal

My guild was moved to "The Jekk'Jekk Thar"... whatever that is... ^^

If I remember right that was the name of the bar on Nar Shadar (sp?) from KOTOR2. It was an aliens only bar to I believe.

That makes me think they were reading Elikals posts over the early months heh.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

Originally posted by PrinceDamien

Originally posted by Xarko

I'll see you in game then. =) Either side by side or face to face.

cool :)

C U AD LUNCH

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

krayt dragon here

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

My guilds on "Black Vulcars". shweeeet.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Redemp

Originally posted by bobfish

Originally posted by Ikeda

And I don't know if this is similar on other servers but Tarentatek has roughly 98 guilds... 24 Republic, 74 Sith, 1 Independant.

Of the list, Tarentatek is looking to launch with JUST preordered guilds at 3,531 people.

Edit:  I also just looked through my names.. a couple that I recognize but only by association.  Nothing that is report worthy though.

I hope your server isn't PvP.. that is way out of balance :)

My server is PvP and its just as out of balance, apparantly as suspected the Empire is going to be the more populated faction.

Oh, oh .. That's pretty shocking considering all the 55% - 45% polls. If the faction balance is really that bad I'll roll Republic V_V

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by DarkPony

And I don't know if this is similar on other servers but Tarentatek has roughly 98 guilds... 24 Republic, 74 Sith, 1 Independant.

Of the list, Tarentatek is looking to launch with JUST preordered guilds at 3,531 people.

Edit:  I also just looked through my names.. a couple that I recognize but only by association.  Nothing that is report worthy though.

My server is PvP and its just as out of balance, apparantly as suspected the Empire is going to be the more populated faction.

Oh, oh .. That's pretty shocking considering all the 55% - 45% polls. If the faction balance is really that bad I'll roll Republic V_V

Guilds to Guilds will differ from players to players. Republic may have less but more populated guilds. 

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Syth Wyrm ... really? Really im on a server named after a wyrm? !_!

/emo

/wrists

/head a'splodes

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by BarryManilow

Guild Name: Shadow Seraphim

Hidden Beks here (Euro PvE server)

Greetings - TFCoL, the oldest AoC guild is on Hidden Beks too.

We call it the 'where-is-my-beer-server' already ...

• ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242

Nightmare Lands here :3

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Tomb of Freedon Nadd - PvP EU English.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Where is the server list? or is it just people who have been assigned get to only see which server they are on?

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Guilds to Guilds will differ from players to players. Republic may have less but more populated guilds. 

I can't speak for all servers but that is NOT the case on Taerentatek.

btw, for me the server-search is seriously bugged, i wouldnt bet on any info from that side. actually the list that pops up when you press your server in your guild tab is in no way the guilds that are on the very same server.

• HumphrieHumphrie Member Posts: 123

Although I have been associated with the forums and the community since TOR launched their website, I never had the slightest interest in joining a pre-launch guild.

It has been my experience with things of this nature that most pre-launch guilds that aren't direct carry-overs from other MMORPGs disintegrate within a matter of months. Why? Because, while the people who make them up a generally able to get along with one another out of game and while leveling, skill disparities become grossly obvious at the level cap. Jimmy X. might be a fine guild leader and organizer, but when it comes to playing his human Sorcerer, he's completely lost. Sadly, several of Jimmy X.'s officer actually do know wheat they're doing, and after a couple of wipes on entry-level group content at the endgame, they secretly conspire to harvest the guild of all talent and form a new, more elite team.

It's a pattern you see unfold on almost every launch server in new games and, to a lesser degree, on new servers that are created post-launch. People find folks that they enjoy being chummy with, get along just great while leveling, and then realize that they simply can't tolerate bads once they max their character out.

Most of your launch guilds? They aren't going to be there in 2-3 months. It'll be a nice little ride, and you'll meet a few good people. But unless you completely suck, be prepared to be poached by a guild that knows what they are doing... and accept the offer when it comes.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I don't know why I wouldn't trust it.  All our Ally guilds are there along with the couple we choses to fight against.  As far as I can tell the list is complete.  The only REAL judge would be logging onto the server and noting actual guilds on ....

P.S.  Most "launch" guilds are groups of players who play in OTHER guilds previously.  Both positives and negatives.  Our guild is the same from game to game.  This simplified the process for us.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Originally posted by DarkPony

Or it could be that the Empire players are just more organised and made their guilds on the website early.

Originally posted by Humphrie

Although I have been associated with the forums and the community TOR launched their website, I never had the slightest interest in joining a pre-launch guild. It has been my experience with things of this nature that most pre-launch guilds that aren't direct carry-overs from other MMORPGs disintegrate within a matter of months, because while the people who make them up a generally able to get along with one another out of game and while leveling, skill disparities become grossly obvious at the level cap. Jimmy X. might be a fine guild leader and organizer, but when it comes to playing his human Sorcerer, he's completely lost. Sadly, several of Jimmy X.'s officer actually do know wheat they're doing, and after a couple of wipes on entry-level group content at the endgame, they secretly conspire to harvest the guild of all talent and form a new, more elite team.

It's a pattern you see unfold on almost every launch server in new games and, to a lesser degree, on new servers that are created post-launch. People find folks that they enjoy being chummy with, get along just great while leveling, and then realize that they simply can't tolerate bads once they max their character out.

Most of your launch guilds? They aren't going to be there in 2-3 months. It'll be a nice little ride, and you'll meet a few good people. But unless you completely suck, be prepared to be poached by a guild that knows what they are doing... and accept the offer when it comes.

why do you actually think that most of the pre-order guild AREN'T carry-overs? i bet they are.

• AcvivmAcvivm Member UncommonPosts: 323

Looks like Sith Wyrm for our guild, off to a good start ;).

HEAVEN OR HELL
    Duel 1
    Lets ROCK!

there are 12 'A new Hope' guilds already lol

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by Humphrie

Although I have been associated with the forums and the community since TOR launched their website, I never had the slightest interest in joining a pre-launch guild.

It has been my experience with things of this nature that most pre-launch guilds that aren't direct carry-overs from other MMORPGs disintegrate within a matter of months. Why? Because, while the people who make them up a generally able to get along with one another out of game and while leveling, skill disparities become grossly obvious at the level cap. Jimmy X. might be a fine guild leader and organizer, but when it comes to playing his human Sorcerer, he's completely lost. Sadly, several of Jimmy X.'s officer actually do know wheat they're doing, and after a couple of wipes on entry-level group content at the endgame, they secretly conspire to harvest the guild of all talent and form a new, more elite team.

I never join pre-launch guilds.. and usually just accept random guild invites due to my helpful nature as I play through until end game- usually quitting when I stop liking them (which is most of the time) - then, I find a guild I enjoy playing with.  

I will say though,  after reading through the thread, I sure feel left out image

Originally posted by lathaan

why do you actually think that most of the pre-order guild AREN'T carry-overs? i bet they are

In our case 9 years running thus far.