Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

If you had to choose one IP/World for the next super quality, extreme good/succesful fantasy MMO. Wh

LonzoLonzo GoettingenPosts: 235Member Uncommon

could be interesting :-)

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAPosts: 4,481Member Uncommon

I want an original IP so the devs don't have to give over a percentage of their income to some other party.  Retaining more money allows for more game development...........

• UbermehUbermeh OsterburgPosts: 92Member

Voted Midkemia Saga because it did seem like an IP that would have millions of fanatical fans all stating how it was either done wrong or the best thing since Jesus Christ.

Making an MMO based on an IP is a bad idea.

• parrotpholkparrotpholk Leland, NCPosts: 3,275Member

Agree with something original but more because I do not want to be let down due to high expectations. 

• Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Kazoo, MIPosts: 207Member

None of thee above.

Ultima Online

• BaikalBaikal Chicago, TXPosts: 1,025Member

Shadowrun

Back to its' roots, not the FPS trash they tried to turn it into for consoles.

• pharazonicpharazonic LDNPosts: 860Member

Depends on the MMO. Most themeparks shit all over lore. 

But your post/poll stated "extreme good" so I voted Wheel of Time. 

Original IPs are always the best.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 , CAPosts: 2,447Member Uncommon

Where is the.. I'm not familiar with most of those [OTHER] option :)

I'd like Shadowrun but is that really fantasy?

• zeus3715zeus3715 Gillette, NJPosts: 19Member

Something entirely new, something based upon A Game of Thrones

• BaikalBaikal Chicago, TXPosts: 1,025Member

Originally posted by mmoguy43

Not really, lol, but it needs to happen!

• UbermehUbermeh OsterburgPosts: 92Member

Originally posted by mmoguy43

Where is the.. I'm not familiar with most of those [OTHER] option :)

More of a science fantasy really but it could considered fantasy enough.

• Drekker17Drekker17 Highlands Ranch, COPosts: 296Member

None of those, I want an original IP.

Question for others though: Was their ever a Dragon Lance MMO? because I remember when I first was interested in MMOs and found out about a Dragonlance one...however I look now and can't find any info on it. How I found out about it was looking up example of MMORPGs, it was long before I found  this site.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• drakes821drakes821 Magnoll, FLPosts: 522Member Uncommon

I think a Bioshock themed MMO would be cool...alot of stuff to work with and room to create more.

• xeniarxeniar Posts: 805Member Uncommon

Halo just saying,

or a zombie themed mmo aka night of the dead. Baricading yourself in buildings etc.(its a shame tho that you probaply will have an ass wich opens a door letten them all in.)

• ElricmerrenElricmerren White Bear Lake, MNPosts: 295Member

Much rather see the ip for the Coldfire trilogy turneed into a mmos then those.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coldfire_Trilogy

• LukainLukain WestmeadPosts: 593Member Uncommon

You need a None of the Above Button , I would live a MMO based on "Might & Magic World of Xeen"

• LydarSynnLydarSynn Jonestown, ALPosts: 182Member Common

None of those. I would love to see a really challenging MMO based on The Song of Fire and Ice series by Geore RR Martin. If you haven't read the books, it is well worth it. There is also a series on HBO.

• kolsovokolsovo Adams, MAPosts: 74Member

Voted DragonLance.

I wanna be a god damned knight of Solamnia RIGHT NOW!!!

The answer is 42 you idiot!

• Ravnos80Ravnos80 yukon, OKPosts: 47Member

Voted for discworld because that could be a lot of fun. Plenty to do and see.

Also only voted for it because Shadowrun wasn't on the list.

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch NexusPosts: 831Member

Man I'd love to have a decent Cyberpunk themed MMO. I used to play Cyberpunk's PnP eons ago and the setting has always been very interesting. 

Though, I wouldn't want it to be extremely good, just modestly. It would suck if all the scum of wow would take over my new, epicly good and polished game. Oh, and it should have something like Eve's learning curve to keep everyone under 16yrs old away.

Hmm. Neuromancers, yeah... This could work.

image image image

• LatronusLatronus Lexington Park, MDPosts: 692Member

I could see either Forgotten Realms or the late Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time made into an MMO. 

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Tempe, AZPosts: 994Member

Forgotten realms. 

• XAPKenXAPKen Northwest, INPosts: 4,940Member Uncommon

My choice doesn't quite fit the topic because it's Sci-Fi.  I think Starship Troopers would make a fantastic MMO.  Campy content, lots of fighting, advancement in the military (multiple branches), gear oriented combat... it's almost too easy.  Watch the movie 20 times then start building.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now turned Amateur Game Developer.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  Realm Lords 2 on MMORPG.com
  • ZezelZezel Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 132Member

Forgotten Realms

Dragonlance

Marvel Comics

If you don't like a game don't play it, and quit running to MMORPG.com to trash it.

• eye_meye_m Notta Chance, ABPosts: 3,133Member Uncommon

none of the above

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

• ZezelZezel Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 132Member

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

My choice doesn't quite fit the topic because it's Sci-Fi.  I think Starship Troopers would make a fantastic MMO.  Campy content, lots of fighting, advancement in the military (multiple branches), gear oriented combat... it's almost too easy.  Watch the movie 20 times then start building.

I agree, too easy.

If you don't like a game don't play it, and quit running to MMORPG.com to trash it.