Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you had to choose one IP/World for the next super quality, extreme good/succesful fantasy MMO. Wh

LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294

could be interesting :-)

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

I want an original IP so the devs don't have to give over a percentage of their income to some other party.  Retaining more money allows for more game development...........

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• UbermehUbermeh Member Posts: 92

Voted Midkemia Saga because it did seem like an IP that would have millions of fanatical fans all stating how it was either done wrong or the best thing since Jesus Christ.

Making an MMO based on an IP is a bad idea.

• Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

None of thee above.

Ultima Online

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

Shadowrun

Back to its' roots, not the FPS trash they tried to turn it into for consoles.

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

Depends on the MMO. Most themeparks shit all over lore. 

But your post/poll stated "extreme good" so I voted Wheel of Time. 

Original IPs are always the best.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Where is the.. I'm not familiar with most of those [OTHER] option :)

I'd like Shadowrun but is that really fantasy?

• zeus3715zeus3715 Member UncommonPosts: 27

Something entirely new, something based upon A Game of Thrones

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

Originally posted by mmoguy43

Not really, lol, but it needs to happen!

• UbermehUbermeh Member Posts: 92

Originally posted by mmoguy43

Where is the.. I'm not familiar with most of those [OTHER] option :)

More of a science fantasy really but it could considered fantasy enough.

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

None of those, I want an original IP.

Question for others though: Was their ever a Dragon Lance MMO? because I remember when I first was interested in MMOs and found out about a Dragonlance one...however I look now and can't find any info on it. How I found out about it was looking up example of MMORPGs, it was long before I found  this site.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

I think a Bioshock themed MMO would be cool...alot of stuff to work with and room to create more.

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

Halo just saying,

or a zombie themed mmo aka night of the dead. Baricading yourself in buildings etc.(its a shame tho that you probaply will have an ass wich opens a door letten them all in.)

• ElricmerrenElricmerren Member Posts: 295

Much rather see the ip for the Coldfire trilogy turneed into a mmos then those.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coldfire_Trilogy

• LukainLukain Member UncommonPosts: 591

You need a None of the Above Button , I would live a MMO based on "Might & Magic World of Xeen"

• LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181

None of those. I would love to see a really challenging MMO based on The Song of Fire and Ice series by Geore RR Martin. If you haven't read the books, it is well worth it. There is also a series on HBO.

• kolsovokolsovo Member Posts: 74

Voted DragonLance.

I wanna be a god damned knight of Solamnia RIGHT NOW!!!

The answer is 42 you idiot!

• Ravnos80Ravnos80 Member UncommonPosts: 47

Voted for discworld because that could be a lot of fun. Plenty to do and see.

Also only voted for it because Shadowrun wasn't on the list.

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Man I'd love to have a decent Cyberpunk themed MMO. I used to play Cyberpunk's PnP eons ago and the setting has always been very interesting. 

Though, I wouldn't want it to be extremely good, just modestly. It would suck if all the scum of wow would take over my new, epicly good and polished game. Oh, and it should have something like Eve's learning curve to keep everyone under 16yrs old away.

Hmm. Neuromancers, yeah... This could work.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

I could see either Forgotten Realms or the late Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time made into an MMO. 

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Forgotten realms. 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

My choice doesn't quite fit the topic because it's Sci-Fi.  I think Starship Troopers would make a fantastic MMO.  Campy content, lots of fighting, advancement in the military (multiple branches), gear oriented combat... it's almost too easy.  Watch the movie 20 times then start building.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ZezelZezel Member Posts: 132

Forgotten Realms

Dragonlance

Marvel Comics

If you don't like a game don't play it, and quit running to MMORPG.com to trash it.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

none of the above

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• ZezelZezel Member Posts: 132

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

My choice doesn't quite fit the topic because it's Sci-Fi.  I think Starship Troopers would make a fantastic MMO.  Campy content, lots of fighting, advancement in the military (multiple branches), gear oriented combat... it's almost too easy.  Watch the movie 20 times then start building.

I agree, too easy.

If you don't like a game don't play it, and quit running to MMORPG.com to trash it.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897

Fantasy: I chose Wheel of Time because LOTR/Hobbit license is too restrictive.  A silmarillion based MMO would be incredible though.  Too bad that won't happen until Christopher Tolkien is gone.  WoT started fading but has a lot of potential.  It is being made but by a no name company.

Sci Fi: I'd love to see a Farscape MMO.  Yeah it will never happen but it's a dream.