Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Pre-Release Question

rygar218rygar218 altamonte springs, FLPosts: 332Member Uncommon

A friend of mine told me they won't send out emails on when your getting in until the 13th and during the 13th onto the 19 they will periodically send out emails on when you can actually play? Is this correct? So, I gotta mash my F5 key all day to determine when I am getting in?

Comments

• zymurgeistzymurgeist Pittsville, VAPosts: 5,212Member Uncommon

Originally posted by rygar218

A friend of mine told me they won't send out emails on when your getting in until the 13th and during the 13th onto the 19 they will periodically send out emails on when you can actually play? Is this correct? So, I gotta mash my F5 key all day to determine when I am getting in?

You can just check your launcher to see if the play button is still greyed out.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

• KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,012Member Uncommon

Correct, you don't get the email to tell you when you can play until the very day you can. Not only will you be mashing your F5 key all day but you'll likely be doing it for multiple days. I'll be off getting drunk until i notice an email.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Portland, ORPosts: 1,277Member

Originally posted by Kabaal
    Correct, you don't get the email to tell you when you can play until the very day you can. Not only will you be mashing your F5 key all day but you'll likely be doing it for multiple days. I'll be off getting drunk until i notice an email.

Yes. Booze will be the pacifier of choice while I await the magical email.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• rygar218rygar218 altamonte springs, FLPosts: 332Member Uncommon

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Originally posted by rygar218

You can just check your launcher to see if the play button is still greyed out.

Makes sense, but what if you have to confirm something thru the email? Just curious anyway. Guess we will have to find out when the time comes.

• GosuRusha510GosuRusha510 Oakland, CAPosts: 8Member

• MightykingMightyking CapellePosts: 233Member Uncommon

This post from Stephen Reid explains the process: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=11945210#edit11945210

Mashing F5 all day, is ofc a stupid exaggeration. Just for your email, your email client can notify you when you got mail, you can even send such notices to your mobile device while you do your christmas shopping.