Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Screamin' Deals for All Things WoW

2»

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Originally posted by 8BitAvatar

Originally posted by Dakeru

Funny how the fanboys jump in and say I'm whining about blizz offering me a discount.

Ok ok you are right. I have to pay 3 times as much as Americans and that's totally fair and a reasonable offer.

You freely admit you know nothing about the business laws in your country, and yet still cry unfairness.

Maybe you should take a break from mmorpg.com and go learn something. You'll probably find your answer.

Ah sorry. Can you point out where I said I have no ideas about the laws in my country?

Harbinger of Fools
  • onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

Why can't a single topic about WOW end up nicelyin a mature manner? it is a topic about off on sales... if you like it buy or don't. 

This is why we can never have good things. ;(

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• Omni1rbbOmni1rbb Member Posts: 83

Is mmorpg.com owned by Blizzard or something?  Seems like they get on their knees and praise WoW almost once a week.

Anyways, not really good "deals" at all.   Not trying to troll, but WoW is one of the worst mmos I've ever played.   It's hard to imagine anyone over 14 being into it.  

• 8BitAvatar8BitAvatar Member Posts: 196

Ah no nothing about laws. During discount sales here you get old classics like Bioshock for the same prices as the daily deals on Steam.

I just meant to say that Blizzard is still greedy and the minor discounts Blizzard Eu offers us is a joke compared to the US discounts.

I'm used to companies charging us in the 1$ = 1€ manner but this "offer" from blizz is hilarious.

There you go.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Originally posted by Omni1rbb

Is mmorpg.com owned by Blizzard or something?  Seems like they get on their knees and praise WoW almost once a week.

Anyways, not really good "deals" at all.   Not trying to troll, but WoW is one of the worst mmos I've ever played.   It's hard to imagine anyone over 14 being into it.  

Not anymore. EA/BW bought them  out.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by onthestick

Why can't a single topic about WOW end up nicelyin a mature manner? it is a topic about off on sales... if you like it buy or don't. 

Kung-fu pandas, that's why.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Originally posted by 8BitAvatar

Ah no nothing about laws. During discount sales here you get old classics like Bioshock for the same prices as the daily deals on Steam.

I just meant to say that Blizzard is still greedy and the minor discounts Blizzard Eu offers us is a joke compared to the US discounts.

I'm used to companies charging us in the 1$ = 1€ manner but this "offer" from blizz is hilarious.

There you go.

{mod edit}  That was clearly the answer to the suggestion before and meant "This has nothing to do with laws on discount limits etc."

{mod edit} 14$ for the starter kit and 34$ for addons that are outdated as fuck. Yes we aren't getting ripped off.

Harbinger of Fools
  • 8BitAvatar8BitAvatar Member Posts: 196

Welcome to the free market Dakeru.

If you feel like you're being ripped off on a product that's outdated, you're free to take your $$$ elsewhere.

I don't know what else to tell you.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Hilarius that 1: they are doing this before SWTOR is released, 2: that this is an obvious attempt at getting the revenue they lost when the allowed Ghostcrawler the screw up the game royally, and 3: that all they had to do to get those subs back was innovate and fix the bugs already present. My hunter pet still has to stay in a tiny zone to hit enemies and hunters STILL have that zone in which they can't fire, hmmmm maybe if they took ALL those millions of dollars and spent it on something other then chuck norris commercials and fix the game they might get those players back.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by Ceridith

Originally posted by onthestick

Kung-fu pandas, that's why.

not to mention World of Pokemon, that's almost as bad as the LOTRO "expansion" RoI

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

this shows the downfall people

but stil, $5 for the Battle chest... and $30 for the 2 expansion

wow.. so tempting.......

Jesus christ..

So What Now?

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453

A good deal would be all expansions for $10-15. It is typically what happens when a game is old and losing subs. Anyone interested in those expansions content has already bought and "beat" said content. These deals are meant to entice players who left long ago or attract the 10 people who havent tried wow..

• DaddyDarkDaddyDark Member Posts: 138

Blizz is in agony )))) They know WoW is going down and want to milk players as much as they can before the fact WoW is no longer the best spreads to masses .

• DevianeDeviane Member UncommonPosts: 108

oh my its just too good to see wow  falling  lol  but  tbh  wow still have  a few years a head

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

Originally posted by black_isle

From what i see it doesn't include EU so screw you Blizzard. This was your last chance before GW2 and TSW (don't care about TOR).

Indeed, 'tis most frustrating.  There are a couple of offers on the EU website, but none as good as on the US, and some which are on US aren't on EU site at all. 

I was contemplating buying the celestial steed mount when I saw it had been reduced to $10 on the US website, but when I checked the EU site, the mount is still priced at £17.  $10 = £6.42, so the European price is almost 3 times as much!

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Looks like someone is trying to inflate his "subscribernumbers" with some dumping prices shortly before the end of this quarter after all the negative backslash from the latest drops in both playernumbers and revenues.

15$ for the game minus Cata is cheaper than many age old competing MMORPGs are priced.

5$ for the whole battlechest is like offering some free enty drug for the new anual generation of kids.

It ends in a week, so it will be interesting to see how many subs they get from it.  Reminds me of seeing "get rift free" adds or going on amazon and buying aion for 7$

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343

lol, Blizzard, you fail so hard.

~$50 for 1/3 of a game (SC2 was split at the last minute into 3 titles)

~$50 for World of Pokemon and Kung Fu Panda: The MMO

~$180 for Diablo 3, because people thought it was a bargin to spend 14.95/mo with a 1yr Contract to get a ~$50 game (Diablo 3) [see WoW Annual Pass]

~$10 on a tradeable cub (pet) knowing people would try and buy a bunch to sell on the AH for quick gold; and ultimately failing [I've seen the same 7 cubs up for sale by 3 individuals (~5.5k gold each) for the past 2 weeks]

Now you need "sales" and "deals" to sucker people into buying MORE of your trinkets, L - O - L.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• Gid78Gid78 Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by huskie77

Originally posted by Ozmodan

I don't get the greed whines either.  A good deal if you want to play Wow.  

Like I have said before, SWTOR will put a big dent in Wow initially until everyone finds out there is very little end game content in SWTOR at the present time.

It has more end game content than wow had on release. People seem to forget that.  The first patch will be more end game content , blizzard took a year to bring BWL in. Some people have rather selective memories.

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by Gid78

Originally posted by huskie77

Originally posted by Ozmodan

I don't get the greed whines either.  A good deal if you want to play Wow.  

Like I have said before, SWTOR will put a big dent in Wow initially until everyone finds out there is very little end game content in SWTOR at the present time.

It has more end game content than wow had on release. People seem to forget that.  The first patch will be more end game content , blizzard took a year to bring BWL in. Some people have rather selective memories.

Take into account that the standards in the genre weren't that high back then and that nowhere near as much people played either. 

These days its all changed, the market is flooded with games and to stand out from the rest the companies have to ensure their product is more polished and that content is brought out quickly in order to satisfy a player base that burns through content in a matter of weeks. 

You can't compare a 2011/12 launch to a 2004 launch when most people didn't even know what an MMO was.

• SwampRobSwampRob Member UncommonPosts: 1,003

When Wow is prepared to offer me a method to solo endgame instances and slowly acquire my epic gear, then I'll come back.

For me, it's just not worth dealing with all the drama that comes along with pugging/guilding/raiding to pursue endgame advancement.

"Solo in an MMO?  Blah blah blah"  I know.   But nothing less is what it would take to get me back in that game.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by SwampRob

When Wow is prepared to offer me a method to solo endgame instances and slowly acquire my epic gear, then I'll come back.

For me, it's just not worth dealing with all the drama that comes along with pugging/guilding/raiding to pursue endgame advancement.

"Solo in an MMO?  Blah blah blah"  I know.   But nothing less is what it would take to get me back in that game.

Very much so yes, if anything, I wish Blizzard and many other MMO devs would follow suit with what Trion has been doing with Rift.  And like you, solo in an MMO sounds stupid, but really when ya look at how MMOs have been getting designed the last 6-7yrs, they're almost entirely solo until you get to the cap, then to proceed you're forced to participate in raids.  Now thats extremely stupid if ya ask me.

I just like playing in a world with hundreds of other people, but I don't always enjoy playing directly with them!

• raccoonraccoon Member CommonPosts: 51

The sales end a day before SWTOR comes out. So roughly, "Give us as much money as we can get out of you before you make the move to a better game. Please? For old time's sake?"