Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healer classes?

2»

Comments

• SoftnsquishySoftnsquishy Member Posts: 1

Melee healer is the smuggler or operative class.

You are encouraged to Shiv and Backstab people up-close for Tactical Advantages to cast some healing spells.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Originally posted by Baikal

Originally posted by Iselin

they are and the jury is still out on which healer will be the best in PVP, 4-man groups or raids.

That's the only part I would disagree with.

For the better part of the past 5 months, in each build the Sage/Sorc healer has generally performed better than the other healers with very little question. It isnt just managing the "force" resource mechanic, it isnt the fact thtat an Inquisitor with a full DPS spec can main heal a flashpoint in the 40's for a group, or that they have absolutely the most utility of any healers. It's really a combination of all of them.

I dont think anyone would say "you cant heal something" with either of the other classes, you absolutely can, but it is just an easier path with more utility right now with the Sage/Sorc than any of the other healers.

It's definitely gotten closer over the past few months, but we're still in a place where they do have significant advantages.

Well, I defer to your longer experience. As I say, I only went to 27 so I was projecting what I knew about the different healers into the future and, at least, giving the heavy-armored commandos and such the benefit of the doubt in probably having a leg up in PVP healing... sort of like Paladins in WOW back when I played.

But like I said, I'm locked into Sorcerer and it's really only PVP where I have some doubts about the class. I really enjoy the familiar mechanics and when dual-spec comes, it'll be nice to have a version that just blows stuff up to take a break from healing.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED