Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Up to 7 days Early Access

Comments

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

Are they still giving out earlie access codes? I just pre ordered from Game Stop and never got one.. When i called them they said i had to pre order months in advanced to get that code.. But on SWTOR.com it dosnt mention of any time limit and I remember Rift gave me one and i pre ordered it like a week before launch.. Anyone know if they are still handing them out on orgin?

That's dead wrong information imo.  Now, maybe they were given a limited number of pre-order access codes at that store, I don't know.  I would call them back and ask them again and if they tell you that they don't have an early access code then cancel your pre-order and order it off of Origin.

• AshlindeAshlinde Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by Airwren

Are they still giving out earlie access codes? I just pre ordered from Game Stop and never got one.. When i called them they said i had to pre order months in advanced to get that code.. But on SWTOR.com it dosnt mention of any time limit and I remember Rift gave me one and i pre ordered it like a week before launch.. Anyone know if they are still handing them out on orgin?

That's dead wrong information imo.  Now, maybe they were given a limited number of pre-order access codes at that store, I don't know.  I would call them back and ask them again and if they tell you that they don't have an early access code then cancel your pre-order and order it off of Origin.

honestly i would just get it from origin in the first place.... best chance of getting access at the earliest possible time.

unfortunately i had to get mine through gamestop.... because i wanted the CE. the statue will look nice next to all my others and i will enjoy going to the CE only club house and acting snooty about it in game. bwaahahahaa

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Yeah ima go down there tommarow and just cancel.. I prefer getting a physical copy instead of Digital Download but you can't get everything.. It's either i go through with Game Stops bs and miss out on 7 free days (that potentially can save me money if i decide i don't like the game) or get the DDV.. oh well..

Ima give em a peice of my mind tommarow lol

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648

Originally posted by Ashlinde

honestly i would just get it from origin in the first place.... best chance of getting access at the earliest possible time.

unfortunately i had to get mine through gamestop.... because i wanted the CE. the statue will look nice next to all my others and i will enjoy going to the CE only club house and acting snooty about it in game. bwaahahahaa

Lol, don't be snooty! =P

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

I think the minimum they will give for early access will be 2 or 3 days. But even with 2 days minimum you only had 4 different groups. those that get 2 days, 3 days, 4 days and 5 days.  With at least a million pre orders, do you want to open the game to a 1/4 million new people each day? For most games that is simply 4 separate full launches, not really easing into it. 2 more days will help alot. 

But then, starting early access tomorrow would be even better.  Amirite!   :)

All die, so die well.

• PagoasPagoas Member UncommonPosts: 120

;Hellfyre420

I think you have to get SWTOR's customer service to step in according to their customer service forum threads.  I pre-ordered from Gamestop.com in November and never got my access code, either.  I sent an email to the SWTOR's [email protected] and per their instructions gave them an image of my proof of purchase, name/location of store or URL if purchased online, and the game edition ordered.  I don't know if this will get me my code in time, but it is the info they want to investigate.  According to what I'm able to find out Gamestop ran out of early access codes back in the summer, which sounds really, really suspicious to me.

Originally posted by Pagoas

;Hellfyre420

I think you have to get SWTOR's customer service to step in according to their customer service forum threads.  I pre-ordered from Gamestop.com in November and never got my access code, either.  I sent an email to the SWTOR's [email protected] and per their instructions gave them an image of my proof of purchase, name/location of store or URL if purchased online, and the game edition ordered.  I don't know if this will get me my code in time, but it is the info they want to investigate.  According to what I'm able to find out Gamestop ran out of early access codes back in the summer, which sounds really, really suspicious to me.

Yeah i sent in a email yesterday.. Still waiting a response.. Maybe ill just take a pic of my recepit and do all that and email it to them now.. It might save me from waiting for a response.. Otherwise im just going down tommarow to take my $20 off and going to pre order off SWTORs website.

Currently Playing:

;Hellfyre420

i honestly do not understand what the hold up is. Unless you were getting the CE.... why would you preorder from GS over origin anyhow?

you want a physical copy of an MMO, of which you can DL the client right from the developers webpage like all other MMOs? not to mention that in 6 months if you are still playing, that disk copy is going to be horribly outdaged while the one you can DL from their webpage will most likely be an updated version of the game....

Lol, don't be snooty! =P

but.... i will be a sith.... it comes naturally....

and why else would they gives CE's a clubhouse if not to be snooty about it to the lesser folk. we will clearly be the superior master race of players!

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Sort of upset about this.  They tell people for half a year that early access begins at a certain date.  People make plans for that date.  BioWare moves up the date by two days with almost no warning.

I may not even have my desktop on Tuesday.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

this is nice, by the time i get in ( probably 2 days later ) everything will be fixed. the emergency patch that fixes game breaking exploits that nobody reports durring beta will be in.  I will miss the Rollback and all the server crashs.

• NiurNiur Member UncommonPosts: 47

On a slightly different note, I noticed this part in the Pre-Order FAQ section...

How long does it take to install the Game Client?

Your download time will vary according to the speed of your internet service provider. Download speeds are not constant and vary by location. The size of the final Game Client is approximately 27GB when fully installed. You should ensure you have adequate free space on your hard disk before completing your download.

Thats some 8gb+ larger than the beta client I installed the other weekend. Could this mean that there really are some high res textures to be added in before the game launches? Not managed to patch my client up yet as the servers are down :(

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Well the game is already here. Why not spoil your fans and give something they really want? Hells it's the best gaming news in the whole week!

;Hellfyre420

i honestly do not understand what the hold up is. Unless you were getting the CE.... why would you preorder from GS over origin anyhow?

you want a physical copy of an MMO, of which you can DL the client right from the developers webpage like all other MMOs? not to mention that in 6 months if you are still playing, that disk copy is going to be horribly outdaged while the one you can DL from their webpage will most likely be an updated version of the game....

I don't know.. I've always been the type to prefer physical copies of something i purchase.. It's sort of like movies/anime for me.. I collect them both, even though i can stream them at the same quality on the internet for free.. Although I don't really collect video games I'm still in that type of mind-set.. Not to mention i've had less then great results downloading games before and I always feel like if things go wrong i could atleast onload it on craigslist or something of that sort (yes people buy p/c games on craiglist lol.)

Currently Playing:

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    If I have the beta client, patched as of this past weekend, do I need to pre-load the game through that email they just sent out? Thanks.
  • Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by pl3dge

Direct from Stephen Reids Twitter.

Rockjaw Stephen Reid

Early Game Access *starts* on December 13th. Emails will be sent on the day you get access.

Thats good news.  Sooner the better, since there are many that will want to have access sooner.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by monarc333

If I have the beta client, patched as of this past weekend, do I need to pre-load the game through that email they just sent out? Thanks.

And my understanding is no.  I posted a link, as did others, that says that if you downloaded and played post Nov 25th, then you have the current client that will auto-update, or something to that effect.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by monarc333

So long as the client you have was downloaded for the thanksgiving weekend beta or after you are fine. Just update the game with that client. If your client is older (from before thanksgiving even client) then you need to use the pre-load from the email.

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Thanks for the replies.
  • IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

I like it how some people accept the news as awesome and others who began planning months ago for this are annoyed with how it won't fit their schedule. If you took days off of work to play, you're still going to play on the 15th. Unless you are insistant on being the first to lvl 50 on your server, its not a big deal. Move along :)

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

I love it.  I might only get 3-4 hrs of play time on those first two days, but I won't mind that much.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Originally posted by eluldor

I like it how some people accept the news as awesome and others who began planning months ago for this are annoyed with how it won't fit their schedule. If you took days off of work to play, you're still going to play on the 15th. Unless you are insistant on being the first to lvl 50 on your server, its not a big deal. Move along :)

Most people I know take launch days off for one specific reason... name hoarding.

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

Originally posted by demarc01

Hehe I'm still going with 13th 15th and 17th ... a 2 day stagger would get *most* of the people out of starter zones each time and allow for a smoother launch !

There will be alot of pissed off people if they stagger it in 2 day waves.  It would cause more harm then good, imo.  

For me I honestly think, they will stagger it in waves of hours for day 1 and then be done by day 2 for last of crop.  Slowly staggering people at way. 

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

Lol, don't be snooty! =P

but.... i will be a sith.... it comes naturally....

and why else would they gives CE's a clubhouse if not to be snooty about it to the lesser folk. we will clearly be the superior master race of players!

Anybody with a million credits can buy a bracelet to get into your 'clubhouse'.  Not so special anymore, huh?

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Eh, I took the 15th and 16th off, no worries though, I'l just go into work super early on the 13th (assuming I get day 1 access), like for 4am.  I could use a long weekend anyway.