Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, I kept my Preorder..

13»

Comments

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

Originally posted by Metentso

Originally posted by Karnage69

Originally posted by muffin595

....For those that have got the chance to Play SWTOR will know that is AWESOME and more generated for Adult gamers, No Pandas in this one guys WOO HOO...

This is part of the Bounty Hunter story line:

1) You almost knock a man out with a pistol whip...

2) You step on his back as he is trying to get back up...

3) You pull out a knife...

4) The screen goes black and you hear the sound of some rather disgusting "knife-to-flesh" noises...

5) You now have someones head to turn in for your quest.

I'm dead serious. You cut a guys head off while he's still alive. If anyone wants to dispute that SWTOR is "kiddy" or "childish", they obviously haven't played that game that much.

But that is what attracts "kids", and devs very well know it. Mature content attract immature players, that's ironic but it's true.

So by that logic they should make more kiddie content to attract mature players? they make mature content yet kids get attracted and if they don't game is still labelled as 'only for kiddies'.

Sorry but you can not have your cake and eat it too.

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Good to hear! I enjoyed the game as well.

I was part of the larger Beta testers and have been "testing" it for the past few months.

I must say that I am a little upset with how people who "hate" it or are "disapointed" with it.

From my understanding, Bioware never put any other impression out there as to what SWTOR would be. Those who are upset about it had some other idea of what they imagined the game to be, rather than accepting what Bioware was making it to be.

To each their own though. I'll be playing SWTOR and those who do not like it can go play something else.

I'll see you on the Battlefield, Aeolron!

Yeah, I have enjoyed the game quite a bit during Beta. I am looking forward to pvping with or against you. 

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I'll be playing this game, there's some things I dont' like about it, but hey at least it will be working at launch...something new and haven't seen since DAoC or EQ1 lol.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    For even more balance to the thread let me say that I canceled my preorder and upgraded to the CE. How's that for balance?

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

Both me and wife enjoyed the beta, happy we preordered the CE now. Can not wait till the early start.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

....For those that have got the chance to Play SWTOR will know that is AWESOME and more generated for Adult gamers, No Pandas in this one guys WOO HOO...

4) The screen goes black and you hear the sound of some rather disgusting "knife-to-flesh" noises...

I'm dead serious. You cut a guys head off while he's still alive. If anyone wants to dispute that SWTOR is "kiddy" or "childish", they obviously haven't played that game that much.

Not only do you cut it off, you drop the bag with it in front of his wife and stand there like a BOSS while she runs out of the room screaming.  Best quest ever.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

I hope it's true, but I was originally under the impression that they'd start sending emails on the 13th, regarding the 15th+ early access.

I'm betting it's a typo/misunderstanding, but I hope it's true.

The pre-load... FANTASTIC.  No spending 3+ hours downloading when I could be playing... DORKGASM!!!  image

• BergirBergir Member Posts: 299

First i don't know one other parent at work, and at sports whom are not getting tor for their kids this Christmas, including me.

If you have kids then you would know every other commercial on the stations they watch is for something star wars, you honestly think the game is magically going to slip past their little radars.

You cut some fictional/cartoon make believe avatars head off, big whoop, was there blood spurting out all over the place? bet there wasn't any blood at all.

Think back and remember how many kids were in the theater (usually 70%) when Anakin got his arms and legs chopped right off (a real person, actor). Some animated beheading is nothing compared to that.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by rt33

First i don't know one other parent at work, and at sports whom are not getting tor for their kids this Christmas, including me.

It's nice that SWTOR will be a game that the whole family can play, with fans and gamers of all ages and demographics being able to have great fun with it.

I think that's one of the core causes for huge mainstream success, if you have a product that transcends age barriers and reaches out to all kinds of demographic slices in order for a wide mainstream audience to be able to enjoy it.

Seems like SWTOR is truly destined for great success image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Originally posted by Robsolf

I hope it's true, but I was originally under the impression that they'd start sending emails on the 13th, regarding the 15th+ early access.

I'm betting it's a typo/misunderstanding, but I hope it's true.

The pre-load... FANTASTIC.  No spending 3+ hours downloading when I could be playing... DORKGASM!!!  image

I should maybe read mine again, I took it to mean the full early access period would be the 13th at 10am EST to the 19th at sometime around 10pm EST (got fuzzy on the end part), but that they wouldn't let you know when you were in until closer to the time. I wouldn't be surprised if they only tell those starting on the 13th on that day.

I pre-ordered on the 21st of July (the first day) so I'm really hoping I get in near the start. I generally have Tuesdays off, so it'd be nice to get some extra time in at the start since I can't get time off until January (silly job).

• BergirBergir Member Posts: 299

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Originally posted by rt33

It's nice that SWTOR will be a game that the whole family can play, with fans and gamers of all ages and demographics being able to have great fun with it.

I think that's one of the core causes for huge mainstream success, if you have a product that transcends age barriers and reaches out to all kinds of demographic slices in order for a wide mainstream audience to be able to enjoy it.

Seems like SWTOR is truly destined for great success image

That just may be the case, if the kids start hollering for me to join them i most likely will. I watched them play Minecraft since alpha and finally after a year of hearing "come on dad play" i joined them in beta, i should have listened to them earlier.

Not sure why some people are so dead against kids playing and use this one little quest as the entire foundation of why swtor couldn't possibly be for kids.

Heck after all of Anakin's limbs are chopped off they wrap it up with him screaming in agony while engulfed in flames, practically burnt to a crisp, yet the theater was still packed with kids for every viewing.

Didn't Anakin also behead Count Dooku too, yet the theaters remained packed with kids.