Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, I kept my Preorder..

Comments

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by Charas

The first time I tried the game in June (on my old PC) I was like: WTF is this WoW cloned pile of crap????

Then I got to try it again on my new PC, during the last 2 beta weekends... I preordered shortly after :/

Was the change of heart based on gfx, or did gameplay improve since June, or both?

I started beta in October.  I could certainly see the WoW parallels in the skill trees and in some of the skills.  But in the actual gameplay and how combat goes, I don't see any more similarity to WoW than I would Rift, LotRO, or any other UI bar MMO.

• muffin595muffin595 Member Posts: 2

Ok First of all let me start off by saying that this is MY OPINION incase people want to get mad at me of what i am about to write.

WOW is a Childish game Sorry but that is how i feel, So many people on forums discussing how WOW is the greatest thing in the gameing world... YEAH RIGHT.

For those that have got the chance to Play SWTOR will know that is AWESOME and more generated for Adult gamers, No Pandas in this one guys WOO HOO. I know when i had the chance to play the classes where so much fun to choose from and absolutely love the idea of Dark Side and Light Side points. Besides the Questing is absolutely Genious as well.

Keeping Pre Orders is the best decision since you have a possibilty of getting early access.... SWEET DEAL I know i will be keeping my pre Order and am super excited that will be able to play it before the game even hits the shelves. To Aeolron who posted this awesome Post Good on you bud, we need more possitive posts around here. :D

See you all in Game!!!

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Originally posted by Icewhite

omg I kept mine too!

I'd write a 1500 word manifesto about why, but I'm just too tired.

Just easier to say I like this game. That wll do also! no need for 1500 words!

***Raises plunger in salute to sexy Darth Talon!!!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• AtaakaAtaaka Member UncommonPosts: 213

A pre-order does not mean the game will have any degree of popularity or epic development. Conan broke the record with pre-orders because people who know Funcom trusted the name and reputation.

I don't mind waiting for release anymore, guess I'm tired of all that 'Black Friday' hype. After eighty dollars of Conan, I learned a valuable lesson. But this fits my life and not the majority, judge with my eyes open.

I had every invite to Beta on SWG and didn't use a single one. I would rather have that xmas day feeling of not knowing whats inside that big red package under the tree than to stare at that giga-byte PS3 for three months. Then, after opening the package, reading every word written on the box and enduring the downloads and updates, I can truly experiece a product that the developers implied was ready and able to capture my imagination and fuel my idea of fun.

Bioware is a cool company. They have always led the market with SW products. They have a nice graphics engine and use it well. The storyline is flowing and even epic in many instances. I own most products they developed. Not to mention that the company is from my hometown, I am truly a fan.

But, my love for Bioware has little to do with my decision to agree that the product they market is grand, super or even epic...not until I get the chance to experience it. Which, I've already stated, I'd rather see on superbowl sunday.

I wish them all the luck in the world - and it is a tough world.

Ataaka

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

Originally posted by muffin595

Ok First of all let me start off by saying that this is MY OPINION incase peoplpe want to get mad at me of what i am about to write.

WOW is a Childish game Sorry but that is how i feel, So many people on forums discussing how WOW is the greatest thing n the gameing world... YEAH RIGHT.

For those that have got the chance to Play SWTOR will know that is AWESOME and more generated for Adult gamers, No Pandas in this one guys WOO HOO. I know when i had the chance to play the classes where so much fun to choose from and absolutely love the idea of Dark Side and Light Side points. Besides the Questing is absolutely Genious as well.

Kepping Pre Orders is the best decision since you have a possibilty of getting early access.... SWEET DEAL I know i will be keeping my pre Order and am super excited that will be able to play it before the game even hits the shelves. To Aelron who posted this awesome Post Good on you bud, we need more possitive posts around here. :D

See you all in Game!!!

Thanks, always nice to see a positive side to something other then endless hating. It's like fresh air,.

Originally posted by Ataaka

A pre-order does not mean the game will have any degree of popularity or epic development. Conan broke the record with pre-orders because people who know Funcom trusted the name and reputation.

I don't mind waiting for release anymore, guess I'm tired of all that 'Black Friday' hype. After eighty dollars of Conan, I learned a valuable lesson. But this fits my life and not the majority, judge with my eyes open.

I had every invite to Beta on SWG and didn't use a single one. I would rather have that xmas day feeling of not knowing whats inside that big red package under the tree than to stare at that giga-byte PS3 for three months. Then, after opening the package, reading every word written on the box and enduring the downloads and updates, I can truly experiece a product that the developers implied was ready and able to capture my imagination and fuel my idea of fun.

Bioware is a cool company. They have always led the market with SW products. They have a nice graphics engine and use it well. The storyline is flowing and even epic in many instances. I own most products they developed. Not to mention that the company is from my hometown, I am truly a fan.

But, my love for Bioware has little to do with my decision to agree that the product they market is grand, super or even epic...not until I get the chance to experience it. Which, I've already stated, I'd rather see on superbowl sunday.

I wish them all the luck in the world - and it is a tough world.

Ataaka

I hear ya, I don't like doing beta's either because of the same reasons you posted, but, for me it's hard to turn down a beta test for a awesome game.

Last I checked Bioware was from Edmonton Alberta Canada, are you talking about the Austin Office? Because everyone knows Bioware is Canadian right?

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Nice to see a thread where it isnt hijacked by haters, "doubters" (LOL), doom and gloomers, or ppl thinking they're cool by dissing the next MMO launch. I dont like everything about the game, but to me it sure is fun!

***Raving Rabbid teached the Bioware staff how to dance!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323

Originally posted by apollobsg75

Originally posted by Karnage69

Good to hear! I enjoyed the game as well.

I was part of the larger Beta testers and have been "testing" it for the past few months.

I must say that I am a little upset with how people who "hate" it or are "disapointed" with it.

From my understanding, Bioware never put any other impression out there as to what SWTOR would be. Those who are upset about it had some other idea of what they imagined the game to be, rather than accepting what Bioware was making it to be.

To each their own though. I'll be playing SWTOR and those who do not like it can go play something else.

I'll see you on the Battlefield, Aeolron!

I was part of the beta test too, but I only weigh 130 lbs. image

I'm 6'5" - I weigh 240lbs.

BUT... I meant "larger' by refering the more permanent testers, not just a weekend warrior like some others.

Originally posted by RavingRabbid

Nice to see a thread where it isnt hijacked by haters, "doubters" (LOL), doom and gloomers, or ppl thinking they're cool by dissing the next MMO launch. I dont like everything about the game, but to me it sure is fun!

***Raving Rabbid teached the Bioware staff how to dance!***

yeah, thats why I made this thread, I do like to read some of the haters stuff just to see if there is any real weight behind their hate for the game, almost all the time I am shaking my head in disbelief that they are just out to bash it. I also find that there is'nt enough threads of Positive things to discuss about the game and in saying that, the game has ALOT of great things to talk about. The story line for one , the crafting, companions , Item mods , The PvP , bonus quests , tokens from monsters on different planets to trade in for PvE gear, so on so forth. These are the things we need to talk about, not over analizing every aspect of the game, thats where the problem is.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

The funniest posts are the oh-so-serious posters.

You just want to take them by the shoulder and say, "It's a parody thread.  Lighten up, Francis."

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

....For those that have got the chance to Play SWTOR will know that is AWESOME and more generated for Adult gamers, No Pandas in this one guys WOO HOO...

This is part of the Bounty Hunter story line:

1) You almost knock a man out with a pistol whip...

2) You step on his back as he is trying to get back up...

3) You pull out a knife...

4) The screen goes black and you hear the sound of some rather disgusting "knife-to-flesh" noises...

5) You now have someones head to turn in for your quest.

I'm dead serious. You cut a guys head off while he's still alive. If anyone wants to dispute that SWTOR is "kiddy" or "childish", they obviously haven't played that game that much.

Originally posted by Icewhite

The funniest posts are the oh-so-serious posters.

You just want to take them by the shoulder and say, "It's a parody thread.  Lighten up, Francis."

You hit the nail on the head with that one Ice.

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

I pre-ordered a second, one for each hand!

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Originally posted by Ataaka

To be fair, noone should have trusted Funcom's name and reputation in regards to conan.  Why?  Anarchy Online's Launch!

....For those that have got the chance to Play SWTOR will know that is AWESOME and more generated for Adult gamers, No Pandas in this one guys WOO HOO...

4) The screen goes black and you hear the sound of some rather disgusting "knife-to-flesh" noises...

I'm dead serious. You cut a guys head off while he's still alive. If anyone wants to dispute that SWTOR is "kiddy" or "childish", they obviously haven't played that game that much.

Yeah that was a cool quest, the ONLY part I found was alittle " Disturbing " was when you give the head to the guys wife and her reaction is, to say the least, Heartless and disturbing at the same time.

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

I consider canceling since i much rather want the bounty hunter statue, instead i get the so unsexy malgus...

It would be cool if they HAD different preorder CE boxes, like a Republic one and with different statues, but it would be costly to do that I guess. Either way I am fine with the Darth Malgus statue.

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

Good to see some people holding on to their orders... I myself am having a bit of a struggle trying to decide. I have the CE ordered, however seeing as the fervor continues to grow over the CE with pre-orders being cancelled and all, kinda hard not to justify selling mine for a nice profit and just grabbin a $79.99 version from origin...

Originally posted by Aeolron

Yeah that was a cool quest, the ONLY part I found was alittle " Disturbing " was when you give the head to the guys wife and her reaction is, to say the least, Heartless and disturbing at the same time.

Did you play the Inquisitor at all?

I found "being evil" as an Inquisitor, really easy. Torture a guy? No problem.

When I played the bounty hunter and chose the "evil" options, my own morals and ethics were assaulted. I couldn't believe some of the stuff I was choosing to do, just to be evil. Cut a mans head off while he's still alive and give it to his wife? Uhhh....

Originally posted by Zarynterk

Good to see some people holding on to their orders... I myself am having a bit of a struggle trying to decide. I have the CE ordered, however seeing as the fervor continues to grow over the CE with pre-orders being cancelled and all, kinda hard not to justify selling mine and just grabbin a $79.99 version from origin...

I would hold onto the CE version. Just saying

• steffx74steffx74 Member Posts: 8

I was part of the latest small beta test and actually enjoyed the game that I decided to pre order it. The only thing that I didn't care for was the movies everytime you pick up a quest and take it back. Other than that, it's a pretty good game.

Did you play the Inquisitor at all?

I found "being evil" as an Inquisitor, really easy. Torture a guy? No problem.

When I played the bounty hunter and chose the "evil" options, my own morals and ethics were assaulted. I couldn't believe some of the stuff I was choosing to do, just to be evil. Cut a mans head off while he's still alive and give it to his wife? Uhhh....

Yeah I played a Sith asassin to 26 but I found the bounty hunter alittle more evil? but the Sith Asassin did it cooler haha

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Not to mention, if it's the quest I'm thinking of, you do it in front of his kid.  I could be wrong, cuz there's more than one quest that involves handing the head of a "good" guy to somebody...

Again, validating Karnage's point.

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274

Query: Why is there no hate in this thread master? 

Explanation: Maybe my blaster fire has killed all of the meatbags master wished  for. 

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

But that is what attracts "kids", and devs very well know it. Mature content attract immature players, that's ironic but it's true.