Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low replay value

Comments

• monothmonoth Member Posts: 551

Originally posted by spaceport

AoC is f2p because it's a turd, L2 is only free to play in the west, and because it's old and NCwest sucks.

Again, there are many themepark mmorpgs released since 2003 who have areas to choose where to lvl up and quest.

SWTOR doesn't, so it's normal to say that SWTOR lacks alt replayability.

It's funny because SWTOR has "17 planets!!!" (zones lol), yet you can't choose where to lvl up...

Did you even play SWTOR?

After the capital world you are given two choices where to go, on both planets you will need to your class story but only need to do the side quests on one in order to be high enough level to move on to the next set of planets... then when you roll an alt you can do the planet you skipped the side quests on.... so ya there is re-playability in the game..  Also you don't even have to do all the side quests if your doing flashpoints, pvp warfronts and some space missions....  not to mention the class stories are unique to each class.

Sorry but your argument is fail sauce and it's obvious you didn't play much of the game if you played it at all...  It amazes me how people will post half truths, exaggerations and flat out lies to try and justify there posts...

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Originally posted by monoth

Did you even play SWTOR?

After the capital world you are given two choices where to go, on both planets you will need to your class story but only need to do the side quests on one in order to be high enough level to move on to the next set of planets... then when you roll an alt you can do the planet you skipped the side quests on.... so ya there is re-playability in the game..  Also you don't even have to do all the side quests if your doing flashpoints, pvp warfronts and some space missions....  not to mention the class stories are unique to each class.

Sorry but your argument is fail sauce and it's obvious you didn't play much of the game if you played it at all...  It amazes me how people will post half truths, exaggerations and flat out lies to try and justify there posts...

Ohhh my head hurts. Has the MMO genre degraded to such a level that players actually think just because you might have a choice of 2 maybe 3 zones, that you get high replay value?

Hell once upon a time MMO's were good enough, and had enough real content that you never had to "replay" it. But anyways, enjoy your 90 day mmo.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

Originally posted by Sylvarii

Originally posted by cyress8

People have been saying the game gives 200+ hours of unique story for your characters. That is where the great replay value has come from, in my opinion. They really need to tell them that a good chunk of the content is shared by all characters for each faction.

The 200 hour per class story myth was broken a few months ago,it turned out that it was not true. The faithfuls defense was that BioWare didn't say each class had 200 hours of story content,you can find the thread on the main forums. As for swtor having the best atl options of any mmo,thats a myth as well and another dream made up by the BioWare faithfull. When it comes to atl the crown goes to Vanguard with 19 races and 15 different starter city/towns and quest chains for each race. You could play Vanguard for two years and you would not see all starter areas or the content because of the vastness of the world. On top of that each starter area has it's own diplomcy and crafting quest chains just to really twist the knife into the swtor atl myth. Yes and just to really finish it off you also have the isle of dawn which is another starter area that all race and classes can start in.On top of that you have no mirror classes and all 16 are compleatly different,swtor is far from the atl and also in Vanguard i can go and quest in anyone of the starter areas instead of being pushed and told where to go planet after freaking planet.

While it is great that you feel that way, in my opinion, vanguard is a pos MMO, that has been full of fail since launch, and has basically been on life support ever since, if it was not part of station access, it would be as dead as a dodo.

At the end of the day, the amount of replay value SW:TOR has depends on the person playing it, just because one person thinks it has low replay value, does not mean the next person will feel the same way.

Posters need to stop taking their opinions and treating them as irrefutable facts that apply to everyone else.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Byrhofen

People have been saying the game gives 200+ hours of unique story for your characters. That is where the great replay value has come from, in my opinion. They really need to tell them that a good chunk of the content is shared by all characters for each faction.

The 200 hour per class story myth was broken a few months ago,it turned out that it was not true. The faithfuls defense was that BioWare didn't say each class had 200 hours of story content,you can find the thread on the main forums. As for swtor having the best atl options of any mmo,thats a myth as well and another dream made up by the BioWare faithfull. When it comes to atl the crown
    goes to Vanguard with 19 races and 15 different starter city/towns and quest chains for each race. You could play Vanguard for two years and you would not see all starter areas or the content because of the vastness of the world. On top of that each starter area has it's own diplomcy and crafting quest chains just to really twist the knife into the swtor atl myth. Yes and just to really finish it off you also have the isle of dawn which is another starter area that all race and classes can start in.On top of that you have no mirror classes and all 16 are compleatly different,swtor is far from the atl and also in Vanguard i can go and quest in anyone of the starter areas instead of being pushed and told where to go planet after freaking planet.

While it is great that you feel that way, in my opinion, vanguard is a pos MMO, that has been full of fail since launch, and has basically been on life support ever since, if it was not part of station access, it would be as dead as a dodo.

At the end of the day, the amount of replay value SW:TOR has depends on the person playing it, just because one person thinks it has low replay value, does not mean the next person will feel the same way.

Posters need to stop taking their opinions and treating them as irrefutable facts that apply to everyone else.

Typical answer from someone who has no defense to what i have said. We are not talking about if you think Vangaurd has failed. We are talking about swtor replayability which is not very good at all,vanguard has more playability in just half of it's races and classes let alone all of them.

I don't need to repeat my first post because it really destroys the myth that swtor is the atl replayability mmo that the bioware faithful think it is. Vanguard has much more replayability and contrary to what you think,vanguard is far from dead.

The 200 hour per class story myth was broken a few months ago,it turned out that it was not true. The faithfuls defense was that BioWare didn't say each class had 200 hours of story content,you can find the thread on the main forums. As for swtor having the best atl options of any mmo,thats a myth as well and another dream made up by the BioWare faithfull. When it comes to atl the crown goes to Vanguard with 19 races and 15 different starter city/towns and quest chains for each race. You could play Vanguard for two years and you would not see all starter areas or the content because of the vastness of the world. On top of that each starter area has it's own diplomcy and crafting quest chains just to really twist the knife into the swtor atl myth. Yes and just to really finish it off you also have the isle of dawn which is another starter area that all race and classes can start in.On top of that you have no mirror classes and all 16 are compleatly different,swtor is far from the atl and also in Vanguard i can go and quest in anyone of the starter areas instead of being pushed and told where to go planet after freaking planet.

Typical answer from someone who has no defense to what i have said. We are not talking about if you think Vangaurd has failed. We are talking about swtor replayability which is not very good at all,vanguard has more playability in just half of it's races and classes let alone all of them. I don't need to repeat my first post because it really destroys the myth that swtor is the atl replayability mmo that the bioware faithful think it is. Vanguard has much more replayability and contrary to what you think,vanguard is far from dead.

Typical answer from someone who has no defense to what I said. (see, I can play that game too ;P)

You are of the opinion that vangaurd has more replay value, I am of the opinion it does not, it is simple really.

In my opinion (formed while Beta testing Vanguard and playing through launch) vanguard launched as a buggy pos, and is only around due to being part of station access, if there was no station access, it would be dead (I have gone back to vanguard a few times since launch, and while it has improved, it is still a bad game, in my opinion).

As far as replay value goes, regardless of how many race/class/starter area options it had, or has, if you make a character, and the game is crap, which in my opinion vanguard was (is), then the replay value is 0.

So no, in my opinion, vanguard does not have more replay value at all, one class, one race, one starter area is more than enough (for me) to see the game is shite.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

As far as replay value goes, regardless of how many race/class/starter area options it had, or has, if you make a character, and the game is crap, which in my opinion vanguard was (is), then the replay value is 0.

woah woah woah, your starting to open a whole new can of worms with that. So hypothetically speaking one could say SWTOR is crap because its same old questing just with SW slapped on it therefore it sucks and has 0 replay value. 

Lets not open that can of worms, because it leads to a whole new mess. To me it seems that the concensus is that high replay value equates to uniqe content. Which SWTOR does lack.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

I played a bounty hunter and a trooper during the beta and got two completely different experiences. i'm betting if i roll a sith or a jedi i would have another completely different experience on a different starting planet. Swtor has more replay value than most mmo's.

Originally posted by toddze

woah woah woah, your starting to open a whole new can of worms with that. So hypothetically speaking one could say SWTOR is crap because its same old questing just with SW slapped on it therefore it sucks and has 0 replay value. 

Lets not open that can of worms, because it leads to a whole new mess. To me it seems that the concensus is that high replay value equates to uniqe content. Which SWTOR does lack.

All the story content is unique to each class and it no more lacks content than any other mmo.

• face30face30 Member UncommonPosts: 193

Low replayability? I guess I can't give an informed opinion on most of the game, but I found the replayability on starting stories pretty different and replayable. I guess we will all see soon on actual replayability.

Erm, each class has a story line unique to that class, and there are 8 class's, so how does it lack unique content exactly?

As for opening a can of worms, the whole topic IS a can of worms, and it has been open so long they all wriggled away.

As I said in my first post in this thread, replay value is all down to opinion, and one players opinion will differ from anothers.

In your opinion vanguard is great, and thats fine, I am glad you like it and find it an enjoyable game, but I do not have the same opinion about vanguard, just as we appear to have a different opinion about SW:TOR.

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

Erm, each class has a story line unique to that class, and there are 8 class's, so how does it lack unique content exactly?

As far as I understand, it's only on starting planets. On other planets classes of the same faction share content, including the content in the story line - other than some cutscenes.

"Young jedi, in order to fight your fear you have to visit cave T, kill 17 mobs of variety C2 which will try to stop you and click 3 boulders in the far end" and "Listen, smuggler, I've hidden the goods in the cave T, you need to go there, kill 17 mobs of variety C2 which will get in your way and click 3 boulders in the far end to retrieve goods" is _not_ a unique story content, for my point of view.

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

What are these threads attempting to do?

It's low replay value if you allow it to be.

If you are not entertained with the game then move on.

As I said in my first post in this thread, replay value is all down to opinion, and one players opinion will differ from anothers.

In your opinion vanguard is great, and thats fine, I am glad you like it and find it an enjoyable game, but I do not have the same opinion about vanguard, just as we appear to have a different opinion about SW:TOR.

hey I didnt say vanguard was great........ you got me confused witht he other guy.

I agree with you on your stance of opinions, but over the top fanatics are fun to poke and prod. (Not saying your one)

Now to the beef. I do believe that SWTOR will have more replay value than the average mmo. Hell even above the Average MMO, but then again it should because bioware hyped it to un-atainable levels.  I am just saying it does not live up to the hype. The "unique stories" funnel you in the same direction, Really no different than the average class stories of other MMO's. In the end your going to be repeating a majority of the same quests. No serious conseqences for your choices which these fanatics seem to put a lot of stock in these so called "choices", I could go on and on about it this, but in the end its just another ride that the developer is taking you on.

Originally posted by Grahor

As far as I understand, it's only on starting planets. On other planets classes of the same faction share content, including the content in the story line - other than some cutscenes.

"Young jedi, in order to fight your fear you have to visit cave T, kill 17 mobs of variety C2 which will try to stop you and click 3 boulders in the far end" and "Listen, smuggler, I've hidden the goods in the cave T, you need to go there, kill 17 mobs of variety C2 which will get in your way and click 3 boulders in the far end to retrieve goods" is _not_ a unique story content, for my point of view.

That's not true, each class has a unique storyline up to level 50.

• bdewbdew Member UncommonPosts: 192

Originally posted by dubyahite

It has more replay value than any other themepark mmo in my opinion.

Some themepark games have different paths you can level without redoing content, which extends replay value, for example in WOW you can level ~3 characters per faction 1-55 without ever visiting the same zone (and then you stuck running the same stuff for the other 30 levels). I didn't get to the higher level stuff in SW:TOR but from what i've seen it apears every zone after level 10 is shared for each faction.

That being said, many non-class quests play differently depending on your choices (and alignment i guess), so that adds to replay value.

When i get to leveling alts i'll probably swap factions for each alt, so that i spend more time between redoing the same stuff.

Current plan: Smuggler -> BH -> JK -> SI ... etc.

• shr4pnelshr4pnel Member UncommonPosts: 99

Each class has a different story line... how can this game have low replay value?!!?

• i_dragonx_ii_dragonx_i Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by bdew

Originally posted by dubyahite

It has more replay value than any other themepark mmo in my opinion.

Some sandbox games have different paths you can level without redoing content, which extends replay value, for example in WOW you can level ~3 characters per faction 1-55 without ever visiting the same zone (and then you stuck running the same stuff for the other 30 levels). I didn't get to the higher level stuff in SW:TOR but from what i've seen it apears every zone after level 10 is shared for each faction.

That being said, many non-class quests play differently depending on your choices (and alignment i guess), so that adds to replay value.

When i get to leveling alts i'll probably swap factions for each alt, so that i spend more time between redoing the same stuff.

Current plan: Smuggler -> BH -> JK -> SI ... etc.

Different path plan, but same intention on swapping factions between alts. It'll keep things more interesting. I'll also (probably) not be making alts of mirror classes. Especially mirror advanced classes.

Of course there will always be patches and expansions!

• daydreamerxxdaydreamerxx Member UncommonPosts: 178

Your just out of your mind for even posting this. SWTOR has some of the highest replay value of any mmo and any game in general. The mmo world is tired of people who complain for the sake of complaining or trying to put swtor down. The game is a top of the line game. Very polished, loads of fun and tons of replay value.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by face30

Low replayability? I guess I can't give an informed opinion on most of the game, but I found the replayability on starting stories pretty different and replayable. I guess we will all see soon on actual replayability.

Unfortunately thats only starter planets. As soon as you leave them all classes of 1 faction are funneled to same quests and amount of your unique story falls at very low levels, maybe 10% give or take a few %.

Those are facts. And from what ive seen in one of weekend betas, if you intend to level solely on PvE, you have your path laid in front you, and you must finish all bonus quests and heroic quests at least once.

I left Coruscant at lvl18, went to Taris (recommended 16), when i left Taris (done al solo quests and few heroic) i was level 21 - recomendend for Nar Shadaa - 21 :)

Originally posted by mikahr

Unfortunately thats only starter planets. As soon as you leave them all classes of 1 faction are funneled to same quests and amount of your unique story falls at very low levels, maybe 10% give or take a few %.

Those are facts. And from what ive seen in one of weekend betas, if you intend to level solely on PvE, you have your path laid in front you, and you must finish all bonus quests and heroic quests at least once.

I left Coruscant at lvl18, went to Taris (recommended 16), when i left Taris (done al solo quests and few heroic) i was level 21 - recomendend for Nar Shadaa - 21 :)

there are planetry storylines, there are regular quests and then you have your unique storyline.

Originally posted by nerovipus32

there are planetry storylines, there are regular quests and then you have your unique storyline.

Yes, and only your class story is unique, everything else is repeated. Dont really see the relevance. Its about repeated/non repeated content ratio and in this case its 90/10

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

That's probably about right on the repeated content but that has never bothered me in any other game so I doubt it will bother me in SWTOR as long as the game remains fun.  When it isn't fun anymore I'll stop subscribing.  It has worked with every other game.

• bdewbdew Member UncommonPosts: 192

Yes, and only your class story is unique, everything else is repeated. Dont really see the relevance. Its about repeated/non repeated content ration and in this case its 90/10

I call cowpoop on that 90/10, I didn't really count, but from my playing it felt like 1:4 - 1:5 ratio of class:generic quests, not including flashpoints and heroics.

• daydreamerxxdaydreamerxx Member UncommonPosts: 178

Well sure narshadda is lvl 21, but the other zone you can go to is lower level, so if you do the other first then narshadda your 25 when your starting narshadda, you can actually skip a lot of general quests and do just story should you choose to do that.  I did that, I skipped narshadda general quests, did only the story, was 27 when I was done and went to alderaan which was lvl 28, did the story quests there and went to tattooine, when i started tat i was lvl 32 , so i wasa once again way ahead of the curve. there are tons of options to do plus a lot of quests play out in different ways with different choices, aside from killing the same couple mobs, looting a couple items, doing someting a quest asks the story can end up being severely different. There is ton of replayablity.

8 Classes with unique story, you get roughly 3 dialogue options that change through general quests, so you can do 6 classes uniquely and 2 of the 8 would be replayed content. the game has a ton of story and awesome gameplay befor eyou even get into raiding and flashpoint runs. hell even the flashpoints have a tad more replay than other dungeons in games because in other dungeons it is always the same. in the flashpoints you can do all kinds of different stuff from dialogue changing different boss encounters, to using crew skills in the flashpoints to make shortcuts or scripted events to happen within. 

Then there is the 2 raids, and the fact there is 8 and 16 man versions of the raids AND THEN normal, hard(heroic), and nightmare of those raids. To me it says tons of content, tons of replayablity. Not to mention there is pvp. Your just crazy and wating to stir shit.

Originally posted by daydreamerxx

snip

L2read