Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: 10 Reasons To Play SWTOR Part 1

12346»

Comments

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

I see where some people are whining about the graphics in SWTOR.  Maybe if your video cards weren't old as dust you wouldn't be crying your wittle eyes out over this. Besides, if you can handle the graphics at WoW, you can certainly handle them here. 

But WoW's cartoonish graphics will blend in perfectly with the pre-school and kiddie content coming soon of cute lovable Pandas and the Pokeman stuff in the expansion.  How unbelievable is this, a medieval game adding a disney Asian theme.

SWTOR has never before seen content and innovations in the MMO world. But some players will rather play a game such as WoW where instead of getting a challenge, all they need to do is continually press one key to do everything. 

The way WoW is heading, it won't be long before one key is all that's needed to compete. As it stands now, over a million and a half players have already quit and more will continue quitting with the garbage blizzard is spewing out.

Meanwhile, players who seek new never before seen contant will go towards Starwars and let the whiners and pre-schoolers stay at WoW.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Please, not the music next time...

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• FaenwynFaenwyn Member Posts: 2
    Just finished the last phase of Beta Sunday night... it is much improved ... still has a ways to go but much better than what this video shows.
  • defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

Originally posted by erikk3189

I see where some people are whining about the graphics in SWTOR.  Maybe if your video cards weren't old as dust you wouldn't be crying your wittle eyes out over this. Besides, if you can handle the graphics at WoW, you can certainly handle them here. 

But WoW's cartoonish graphics will blend in perfectly with the pre-school and kiddie content coming soon of cute lovable Pandas and the Pokeman stuff in the expansion.  How unbelievable is this, a medieval game adding a disney Asian theme.

SWTOR has never before seen content and innovations in the MMO world. But some players will rather play a game such as WoW where instead of getting a challenge, all they need to do is continually press one key to do everything. 

The way WoW is heading, it won't be long before one key is all that's needed to compete. As it stands now, over a million and a half players have already quit and more will continue quitting with the garbage blizzard is spewing out.

Meanwhile, players who seek new never before seen contant will go towards Starwars and let the whiners and pre-schoolers stay at WoW

and yes, using a graph card with 256mb (WOW dont need more anyway) it will make SWTOR look crap to you

and not to mention that SWTOR using the latest version of best engine so far

all MMOs when loosing subs they dont tell the real loss numbers, in WOW are the double from what you say, with an odd thing in 2nd life that raised a lot again this year

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

Originally posted by vlad1500

the game graphics looks like it was made 5yrs ago. Looks ugly. No amount of lightsabers or jedi would make me play that ugly game ~_~

do you know anything about game engines? do you know that unreal 3 is the best in these days? and SWTOR using it? do you know that an MMO in these days need graph card with 1gb+ to play it in highest options? Do you know that for the todays MMOs 2gb ram is recomended and not the highest?

do you know that SWTOR is the only game so far that has sparkle hit? not to mention the char fight animations (exept running) are extreme top for an MMO

most players dont give s*** about graphs (see wow), yes i accept that but you cant come here and say that the game has crap graph and using that excuse for not to play it

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • VoletekVoletek Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by Pokket

Originally posted by Aeolron

The graphics are good, running at ultra in the beta, no issues with the graphics at all.

not according to that video tho lol...

Any video is going to make the graphics of a game look slightly less than their full potential, unless the video is professionally made. I sir, am no professional :P 

The graphics are great, the fact that it's star wars is awesome, and the lightsabers and blasters are so obviously cool that I figured those would be given reasons to play XD

I for one will be there. the game play is the best I have seen in a very long time. its a nice change.  I have been playing SWG and many others  for yrs and this will take there place. 

• VoletekVoletek Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by defector1968

the game graphics looks like it was made 5yrs ago. Looks ugly. No amount of lightsabers or jedi would make me play that ugly game ~_~

do you know anything about game engines? do you know that unreal 3 is the best in these days? and SWTOR using it? do you know that an MMO in these days need graph card with 1gb+ to play it in highest options? Do you know that for the todays MMOs 2gb ram is recomended and not the highest?

do you know that SWTOR is the only game so far that has sparkle hit? not to mention the char fight animations (exept running) are extreme top for an MMO

most players dont give s*** about graphs (see wow), yes i accept that but you cant come here and say that the game has crap graph and using that excuse for not to play it

SAdly everyone thinks wow made everything. So Sad for them.  Best day I had was when I deleted all 5 of my Raid toons and killed the account.

• moguy1moguy1 Member UncommonPosts: 135

Originally posted by kalinis

U know im tired of the if u like tor u dont know anyont about games or what is a good game or not crap 

Sure tor has issues but they are minor  and not game breaking

That said this was a video by a girl who was telling u why she is gonna play tor and her 10 reasons

U dont have to like her reasons but u cant say they are wrong 

she has a right to her opinion and im tired of the haters thinking we cant enjoy tor if they dont carp

Ill tell u the number 1 reason she is gonna play tor  wait for it wait for it  ITS FUN TO PLAY AND A BLAST TO GET INTO.

YES I KNOW A FUN GAME WHAT THEY HELL WAS BIOWARE THINKING HOW DARE THEY MAKE A GAME FUN TO PLAY

U carp 2 ?

• wesleyartswesleyarts Member Posts: 43

I have been playing the BETA.

SWTOR = bad graphics + unexciting dull combate +  grind, grind, grind + Great IP

Take the name STAR WARS  out of this game and you end up with a average 2004 not polished  mmo. 

If you are not a funboy do not waste your money with this game.

If you are a funboy wait 6 months to play it when it goes F2P.