Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing GMTheia

Comments

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by GMTheia

Originally posted by Toferio

Originally posted by Talonsin

He is not going to admit they have continued to lose subscribers each month even though we know SV has continued to cut staff and costs and still they continue to lose money.  

Wrong, plain and simple.  Innacurate and factually inncorrect.  

Excuse me? So the facts stated in their report, saying that a) they are losing subs and b) the company have not made profit are incorrect?! That is quite a daring thing to claim, Theia...

You are excused!  In fairness to you - you don't have the kind of visibility of Player-base that Support and in-game staff have.  And I was specifically thinking about your 'subscribers' point. Since my word isn't good enough..

Let me get the FRAPS I took last night uploaded and I will share with you!  I need to check with SV first as these were flying shots and we don't normally release. See if the collective wisdom over here is that subs are still dropping when you see that. 

(Thanks) 

If you were talking about his subscribers point, you should've just quoted that and replied, rather than throw in his whole statement, although if your quartely income is down once again and you keep having to cut staff and costs, it's probably safe to assume that subscriber base is going down.

The more you cut staff/costs, the less things get done. The less things get done, the more the playerbase gets upset and leaves. The more upset and the more that leave, the less money you have. The less money you have, the more you cut staff/costs.

It's an endless cycle of losing.

EDIT: Also on your FRAPS comment. FRAPS doesn't show anything more than "Hey, I saw 50 people once all duking it out." That's cool. That shows you have 50 people in-game. Nobody is asking for you to FRAPS anything. Nobody is asking for videos. EVERYONE wants a real number, and the only thing we have are translated financial reports that show that you are, infact, bleeding internally and have been for a long, long time.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• GMTheiaGMTheia Member Posts: 204

Originally posted by Benthon

He is not going to admit they have continued to lose subscribers each month even though we know SV has continued to cut staff and costs and still they continue to lose money.  

Excuse me? So the facts stated in their report, saying that a) they are losing subs and b) the company have not made profit are incorrect?! That is quite a daring thing to claim, Theia...

You are excused!  In fairness to you - you don't have the kind of visibility of Player-base that Support and in-game staff have.  And I was specifically thinking about your 'subscribers' point. Since my word isn't good enough..

Let me get the FRAPS I took last night uploaded and I will share with you!  I need to check with SV first as these were flying shots and we don't normally release. See if the collective wisdom over here is that subs are still dropping when you see that. 

(Thanks) 

If you were talking about his subscribers point, you should've just quoted that and replied, rather than throw in his whole statement, although if your quartely income is down once again and you keep having to cut staff and costs, it's probably safe to assume that subscriber base is going down.

The more you cut staff/costs, the less things get done. The less things get done, the more the playerbase gets upset and leaves. The more upset and the more that leave, the less money you have. The less money you have, the more you cut staff/costs.

EDIT: Also on your FRAPS comment. FRAPS doesn't show anything more than "Hey, I saw 50 people once all duking it out." That's cool. That shows you have 50 people in-game. Nobody is asking for you to FRAPS anything. Nobody is asking for videos. EVERYONE wants a real number, and the only thing we have are translated financial reports that show that you are, infact, bleeding internally and have been for a long, long time.

Fairly sure I said more than '50'.  We can have a count up later I suppose image

GMTheia

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

No matter the number, frapsing how many people you see while flying around in game has nothing to do with his statement about subscribers.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

(Thanks) 

It doesn't matter what you fraps ingame. Their report says it plain and simple:

"The number of monthly payments during the third quarter of 2011 decreased slightly compared to second quarter 2011" (yes, it does say same thing in swedish as well, it is not translation error).

The stock report is one thing where a company can't lie and use "ingame fraps", but gotta state plain facts. Are you saying they are misinforming the stockholders? That is exactly why there is a certain dislike for SV. Instead of flat out being honest and tell a number, you will use such vague representation of playerbase as forum members and frapsing people participating in an event. It is obvious some players came back to check TC patch, but they too, probably used the free 5 days offer and are not paying customers.

Agreed, but a lot can change in a month - like the release of Teritory Control ( a major patch for us) - I think that's what's driving the sudden increase. 

GMTheia

• darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

Agreed, but a lot can change in a month - like the release of Teritory Control ( a major patch for us) - I think that's what's driving the sudden increase. 

A major patch that came out broken and is still broken. 

But that is not the point.

Are you infact saying all the quarterly reports since release that show a steady decline in numbers is wrong? 

I can get in the game and fraps 2-5 people in town does that mean there is no one playing?

As a gm do you not have access to how many singular entities log in the game everyday?

Stop answering questions like a niave person.

• JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017

There is a reason he/she has come out of the shadows.  I'd even go as far to guess he/she actually had a sock puppet account they were hiding on.  It can be denied all day long and I wouldn't believe it for a minute. The companies in dire straights and the report shows it.  Rightfully so in my opinion.  To many customers got screwed over way too many times.  Lame excuse after lame excuse as to why something didn't get done. 

Surprised you finally showed up? No. 

Surprised it took you so long. Yes! 

The real question I guess is.....  Can you actually act like a CM and not like the regular drone you recruit to come over to these boards and spam.  I'm sure whichever path you decide to take will be amusing for to watch. Can't believe you've already been moderated. My guess is, had you not been sqauttng on someone else's turf (acting as if you were a mod here)  they would of  ignored it.  Seemed fairly minor. LMAO...

I guess Theia you have alot of time on your hands.

Old Today, 09:04

#37 (permalink)

Theia needs to go spread MO love at http://www.massively.com and http://sandboxer.org as well. Slapnuts disseminates his hate on many different forums.

Last edited by MeduliMadness : Today at 09:32.

MeduliMadness is offline Report Post 

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Old Today, 09:36

day, 09:36

#38 (permalink)

GameMaster

Noted - making profiles today!

I will give you a bit of advice.  If the game were in a release condition you would not need to run around on 4 websites and defend the game. 

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by darthturtle1

I guess Theia you have alot of time on your hands.

Old Today, 09:04

#37 (permalink)

Theia needs to go spread MO love at http://www.massively.com and http://sandboxer.org as well. Slapnuts disseminates his hate on many different forums.

Last edited by MeduliMadness : Today at 09:32.

MeduliMadness is offline Report Post 

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Old Today, 09:36

day, 09:36

#38 (permalink)

GameMaster

Noted - making profiles today!

I will give you a bit of advice.  If the game were in a release condition you would not need to run around on 4 websites and defend the game. 

And that sir is what SV and the more rabidly fanatical fans don't seem to get. You sir win the thread! image

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

You are very vague in your statement, would you mind clearing it up a bit for us?  I made two claims, SV has continued to cut costs and SV has continued to lose money.  Based on those facts that are easily found in the financial statements it only figures that over the last quarter the sub numbers have fallen. 

Are you saying SV has not cut costs OR are you saying they have not lost money continually on the financial reports?  If you are saying they have not lost money, I think we might need to speak to the financial reporting agency in their country because it is a fact they have reported losing money and if this is not true, they are violating several legal standards.  If you are saying SV has not been cutting costs then I refer you to this line in the financial report under the title CEO Henrik Nystrom comments: “Program to reduce our costs are developing well”.  I would link more but honestly, I don’t think it matters how many cost-cutting links I post, you will continue to deny anything negative about SV.

Can you please explain to me how you can cut costs, report losing more money each quarter and at the same time increase revenue (more subs)?  How does a company take in more money (increase its subs), spend less (by reducing staff and cutting costs) and then report a loss in money?  This is why you will not have much of an effect on these boards, because you come here under false pretenses.  

SV could get a lot of subs back if you just came here and said, “Guys, we know we made some mistakes but we would like to make it up to you.  We want your feedback to help us build a master list of things you would like fixed or added to the game and then we are going to focus on it, report every two weeks on the progress and we are going to try and earn your business back.  We are sorry for how things have transpired so far and we are going to change things.”

Instead you come here with “Subs are increasing and we are having the biggest events ever and the game is all rainbows and butterflies and the few haters don’t know what they are talking about and I don’t know why you guys hate SV so much when they are such a great company who really care about the world and have never lied or spoken a half truth.”

So, back to my original question…  Are you denying the loss of money in each financial statement, the words of Henrik in each statement talking about cost cutting measures or have you developed a new business model where costs can go down, revenue can go up but you continue to lose money quarter after quarter? 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

It seems to me that there is nothing GM Theia could say that would appease some people on this board...

Clearly GMs are not in a position to talk about the financial state of the company. They are not involved with that side of things and probably aren't even authorized to talk about it. They can comment on the game and the direction it is heading, but I don't think its fair to ask questions Theia cannot reasonably answer.

Originally posted by Anubisan

It seems to me that there is nothing GM Theia could say that would appease some people on this board...

Clearly GMs are not in a position to talk about the financial state of the company. They are not involved with that side of things and probably aren't even authorized to talk about it. They can comment on the game and the direction it is heading, but I don't think its fair to ask questions Theia cannot reasonably answer.

Just a thought but maybe he should not say that the financial statement showing them losing staff, money, and subs is wrong.  And stop saying "subs are up because I frapsed a bunch of people fighting". 

Financial statements are public fact.  A fraps is not.  Unelss he can being in some actual behind the scenes this is how many different people logging in today then telling us I frapsed a bunch of people means nothing.  Like I said I can get on at any time during the day and fraps 2 people in fab.  By Theia's logic that means no one is playing and subs are down.

I can not blame him for that logic I am sure he gets it from his boss.  Henrik's logic is posting forum subs instead of actual numbers on the financials.  If every MMO used that logic every MMO is doing great.

• ThaBadManThaBadMan Member UncommonPosts: 23

Goodday Theia, nice to see u doing this.

I have a couple questions regarding the comment about u watching the 90 man fight.

Did u see any faults with the game in the fight ?

Do SV have any plans on increasing server performance in any way ?

When PvPing in a large fight a normal computer has to be on lowest possible graphics and still u get bad performance like people sliding around and lagging like mad.

Will the game in a short term be able for normal(good) computers to play on higher settings or even on the lowest without getting mad lag and other issues making ur performance worse in a fight ?

And what about the prediction system, will that have any priority in the short term (meaning a few months) to get fixed so its not horrible, aka people tricking the system to get past blocks and movement sliding and choppyness ?

Last question, will bad nodes be optimized shortly ? Like Fab and other general "laggy" locations.

A wise man does not fear, a man afraid does not think.

Two little goblins out in the sun, down came a griffin.
    Then there was one.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I don't think its fair to ask questions Theia cannot reasonably answer.

Then why does he comment on these items?  Why does he comment when people point out SV is losing money when according to you he can not reasonably answer those questions?  I am just guessing here but it could be because he is here to promote the game instead of providing any factual information. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Yeah, and what even more unfair is instead of admitting he can't answer that, Theia suggests fraps as a proof and argues against facts of SVs report.

Fairly sure I said more than '50'.  We can have a count up later I suppose image

Nobody wants your FRAPS video. That wasn't the point and but it seems you missed it. Let me restate it for clarity.

"Also on your FRAPS comment. FRAPS doesn't show anything more than "Hey, I saw 50 people once all duking it out." That's cool. That shows you have 50 people in-game. Nobody is asking for you to FRAPS anything. Nobody is asking for videos. EVERYONE wants a real number, and the only thing we have are translated financial reports that show that you are, infact, bleeding internally and have been for a long, long time."

>> What we WANT/NEED.

>> All the information we currently have.

Thank you for posting here.

Originally posted by ThaBadMan

Goodday Theia, nice to see u doing this. (thanks!)

I have a couple questions regarding the comment about u watching the 90 man fight.

Did u see any faults with the game in the fight ? Yes I did - the ES Tower fight / the tower was placed right on the edge of a node.  So that caused loading in problems - I have raised a bug on this and asked if we can stop towers/pylons being dropped righton the edge of a node. 

Do SV have any plans on increasing server performance in any way ?  Think this is more around Optimisation - there are still lots of areas within the wider map where there is opportunity to improve this so I wuld expect to see smoother transistion in the future (tm).  

When PvPing in a large fight a normal computer has to be on lowest possible graphics and still u get bad performance like people sliding around and lagging like mad.  I personally don't lag very much at all - but then I do have amonster rig  - so those with older hardware may suffer a little more than those with new rigs.  We agree this is an issue s- so we're back to the optimisation again to try and help everyone.  

Will the game in a short term be able for normal(good) computers to play on higher settings or even on the lowest without getting mad lag and other issues making ur performance worse in a fight ? Yes, again down to optimisation - but - even on my 12GM RAM, SSD, i5 overclocked - I still cannot run it anywhere near maxed out!

And what about the prediction system, will that have any priority in the short term (meaning a few months) to get fixed so its not horrible, aka people tricking the system to get past blocks and movement sliding and choppyness ?  I don't think this is on the road-map right now. AI/ GUI next.

Last question, will bad nodes be optimized shortly ? Like Fab and other general "laggy" locations.

Yes we are already looking at this.

Thanks for the questions!

GMTheia

Nobody wants your FRAPS video. That wasn't the point and but it seems you missed it. Let me restate it for clarity.

"Also on your FRAPS comment. FRAPS doesn't show anything more than "Hey, I saw 50 people once all duking it out." That's cool. That shows you have 50 people in-game. Nobody is asking for you to FRAPS anything. Nobody is asking for videos. EVERYONE wants a real number, and the only thing we have are translated financial reports that show that you are, infact, bleeding internally and have been for a long, long time."

>> What we WANT/NEED.

Some of you do want it some of you don't want it  - go to the MO Forums and chek the Videos and screenshots section - make your mind up on what the community have psoted. 

GMTheia

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

>> What we WANT/NEED.

Some of you do want it some of you don't want it  - go to the MO Forums and chek the Videos and screenshots section - make your mind up on what the community have psoted. 

You still aren't answering the question. How many simultaneously connected people is there at peak times? I am confused because I play EverQuest classic on the EQemu servers, its all 2004 code, it was made by EQ fans yet, it shows real time the number of connected players. Why does enrik only keep "boasting" number of forum accounts and never talks numbers of subs or connected players? Sorry but my take is that he knows the number and because its so low he won't dare give it away or else he would have boasted that number long ago.

• ThaBadManThaBadMan Member UncommonPosts: 23

Originally posted by ThaBadMan

Goodday Theia, nice to see u doing this. (thanks!)

Did u see any faults with the game in the fight ? Yes I did - the ES Tower fight / the tower was placed right on the edge of a node.  So that caused loading in problems - I have raised a bug on this and asked if we can stop towers/pylons being dropped righton the edge of a node. 

Do SV have any plans on increasing server performance in any way ?  Think this is more around Optimisation - there are still lots of areas within the wider map where there is opportunity to improve this so I wuld expect to see smoother transistion in the future (tm).  

When PvPing in a large fight a normal computer has to be on lowest possible graphics and still u get bad performance like people sliding around and lagging like mad.  I personally don't lag very much at all - but then I do have amonster rig  - so those with older hardware may suffer a little more than those with new rigs.  We agree this is an issue s- so we're back to the optimisation again to try and help everyone.  

Will the game in a short term be able for normal(good) computers to play on higher settings or even on the lowest without getting mad lag and other issues making ur performance worse in a fight ? Yes, again down to optimisation - but - even on my 12GM RAM, SSD, i5 overclocked - I still cannot run it anywhere near maxed out!

And what about the prediction system, will that have any priority in the short term (meaning a few months) to get fixed so its not horrible, aka people tricking the system to get past blocks and movement sliding and choppyness ?  I don't think this is on the road-map right now. AI/ GUI next.

Yes we are already looking at this.

Thanks for the questions!

Awesome thanks for the answers.

I hope heavy optimization comes sooner than late then and hope this will solve the bad game performance for the general population.

A wise man does not fear, a man afraid does not think.

Two little goblins out in the sun, down came a griffin.
    Then there was one.

>> What we WANT/NEED.

Well since you offered, post the video of the 100+ people. Atleast then we can verify atleast 100 people are playing the game.

I never said I dont want it, I did however say it would proof nothing.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Not sure I like official SV staff here though, nothing personal,

Freedom. Unless you're the owner of MMORPG, it doesnt matter who we like to have / not have around here ;)

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by rojo6934

Freedom. Unless you're the owner of MMORPG, it doesnt matter who we like to have / not have around here ;)

Yeah, if you start picking and choosing who can posts on MMORPG.com based on whether you want to hear what they have to say or not you end up being as bad as the MO forums. 

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Originally posted by rojo6934

Yeah, if you start picking and choosing who can posts on MMORPG.com based on whether you want to hear what they have to say or not you end up being as bad as the MO forums. 

Meh, I am aware of that. Just shared my opinion as a player on having GMs here since Id prefer seeing them propaganda free (fans already do enough of that), fully knowing it doesn't quite matter :P