Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endgame gear preview: THE HORROR

Comments

• daisdais Member UncommonPosts: 95

Originally posted by eluldor

Just like this.

Yeah I had a good laugh at that too, ty for that. 

But to the OP I have to agree, not sure I like the direction they are taking the art.  It's tricky because as a game designer/artist  you want something flashy, but a high level jedi would probably be wearing very plain, simple garments.

• sgtairbornesgtairborne Member Posts: 51

Originally posted by Gravarg

Originally posted by sgtairborne

Some of us want to live out our virtual lives in a Lady Gaga video. I cant help that I was born this way.

+1

/bow

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Originally posted by stayontarget

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

/snip

I don't know what you really expect from a dress wearing class.

If you wanted to look cool, don't roll a clothie, roll a Trooper or BH or something lol...

Clothie classes usually don't look cool in any game.

Mmm really.

image         image

Doesn't convince me sorry... looks like some gothic hobo in furcoat, lol

I'm not surprised by your comment.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

As was said several times now, you don't rely on the stuff BW/EA is designing. You can make your own gear with the mod-system.

There's tons of gear that has no stats to begin with, but only four mod-slots. The mods then provide all stats, and if you use four epic LvL 50 mods in a LvL 10 basic item, then this LvL 10 basic item becomes a LvL 50 epic item. Easy as that and lot's of possibilities to make exactly the gear you're looking for.

Easiest way to get complete sets is to buy the social gear (5 items for each planet), which is dirt-cheap but has the four slots you want. Then learn the crafting-skills to craft epic mods, or buy them from other players and you're done. Blue mods can aswell be bought for commendation marks, if epics are not available in the beginning.

On Balmorra there's a set that would be totally perfect for a bounty hunter for example.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

End game gear I checked out for Trooper and Jedi Knight was awesome, especially the trooper. Consular and Inq gear does look a bit nasty, the concept art for them looked bloody dude but in game its completely different. 

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

To the OP I can only say this...

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

OP seems suprisingly unaware of the attire in the "real" Star Wars universe and how 'weird' or 'restrictive' it can actually get:

imageimageimage

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

Definitely the gear I was hoping for. As Jay pointed out the styles people of power wore were quite.. unique. You mite want to check up on the Jedi gear concept art from the Movies. Also it should be noted Jedi use several kinds of gear for different occasions. 

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by Techleo
        You mite want to check up on the Jedi gear concept art from the Movies. Also it should be noted Jedi use several kinds of gear for different occasions. 

Saw this in Wookiepedia:

During times of great conflict, Jedi would sometimes require the use of battle armor. Armor-clad Jedi were a common sight on the battlefields of the New Sith Wars, while the ancient Jedi of the era of the Old Sith Wars would often wear parts of armor to protect certain areas of their bodies, as would many Jedi of the New Sith Wars era. Shoulder guards were especially common among the ranks of the ancient Jedi.

Jedi armor was designed to be light and comfortable, giving the wearer as much freedom of movement as possible. However, the freedoms provided by Jedi armor were very limited compared to those provided by traditional Jedi robes. In the ancient wars between the Jedi and the Sith, the battlefields were often so packed with combatants that moving about freely on the battlefield would be difficult even without armor. This would result in immobile and poorly protected combatants, which may be why the Jedi of those eras chose to prioritise armor to mobility.

Finding particular use in the Army of Light under Lord Hoth during the New Sith Wars, Jedi armor was designed to be comfortable for the wearer, light and give the wearer the ability to use the Force as much as possible.

The colored bits are for those who whine "but but.. Jedis wearing armor? /sad "

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Originally posted by Elikal

On the top side, it narrows my long list of classes I wanted to play at launch.

/sarcasm off

sadly I agree image

The giant shoulder pads are a put off for me and make me reconsider my appearance options. To be fair though, I'd be scratching my head bald trying to come up with ideas for those armor pieces.

Heres another Jedi Master image:

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

Originally posted by Elikal

You guys shouldnt jump to conclusions just on a few outube videos. Bioware devs have already stated on the forums that this is not the final product of the sets. (Thank god) That Empire Set for the Inquisitor isnt finnished yet. They havint even inplemented the color schemes on them yet. Notice how the shoulder pads and chest peice do not match the rest of the set? Thats because Most of the character art and armor art is not in the beta client, so whatever you have seen in the beta client is void.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Ah, well that's a relief.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

like some, didn't like some... pretty much standard as far as MMOs go.  Atleast it's better than what Rift started out with.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by trash656

You guys shouldnt jump to conclusions just on a few outube videos. Bioware devs have already stated on the forums that this is not the final product of the sets. (Thank god) That Empire Set for the Inquisitor isnt finnished yet. They havint even inplemented the color schemes on them yet. Notice how the shoulder pads and chest peice do not match the rest of the set? Thats because Most of the character art and armor art is not in the beta client, so whatever you have seen in the beta client is void.

Ah ok. Made it red for some extra exposure.

Also really nice to read the comment about mod level determining item (stat) level.

I'll be pew pewing in ma sand peopol garb ^_^

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Originally posted by popinjay

Originally posted by Techleo

You mite want to check up on the Jedi gear concept art from the Movies. Also it should be noted Jedi use several kinds of gear for different occasions. 

Saw this in Wookiepedia:

I don't see the massive helmet nor the shoulder pads in this concept art. This actually looks pretty badass, and I would have my Jedi Consular rock it :)

And from SWTOR.com "Jedi Consulars avoid the heavy battle armor worn by many Jedi Knights, Dense polymers and Cortosis armors would weigh them down; light cloaks and ornamented robes suit their strengths better, and the efforts they most often find themselves engaged in."

Correction, the red outfit depicted is on the Jedi Knight Outfitting tab...too bad for me.

The SIth Inquisitor has the pointy helmet/shoulder pads outfit in concept art...

• ShredderSEShredderSE Member Posts: 197

Originally posted by sgtairborne

Some of us want to live out our virtual lives in a Lady Gaga video. I cant help that I was born this way.

imageLOL! image

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Nvm /5

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

If you get a mod-only low level armor that you like, save it. You are not forced to wear the look you do not like. I think people were trying to explain this. Dunno why you keep ignoring this fact?

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Doesn't look any worse than WoW's tier gear over the past few years.  I know that's not saying much, but still.. in WoW, you're stuck looking that way (until Blizz steals THIS idea too, ie: skinning, that was to my knowledge first introduced in Aion).

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

Why are this so ugly? Aren't there any decent designers left...

Originally posted by thexrated

If you get a mod-only low level armor that you like, save it. You are not forced to wear the look you do not like. I think people were trying to explain this. Dunno why you keep ignoring this fact?

Why they put gear thats is ugly in first place? Ok. you can transfer the mods, but I still dont get it.

Did you get the point?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by mazut

I'm going to get pounced for this, but GW2 has some AMAZING looking armor.  Go ahead, I can take it.  It's not fangirlism, it's a very educated opinion.  LIkewise, TERA's armor looks good, but it looks a little too Aion in some aspects (ie: way too detailed for no apparent reason).

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Now, i keep wondering, would even a SW fan, if you showed him those pictures and he doesnt know what they represent, said "oh yes those are sith and jedi!"

Originally posted by Eir_S

I'm going to get pounced for this, but GW2 has some AMAZING looking armor.  Go ahead, I can take it.  It's not fangirlism, it's a very educated opinion.  LIkewise, TERA's armor looks good, but it looks a little too Aion in some aspects (ie: way too detailed for no apparent reason).

Its the "asian" style. Its allowed. :)

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Originally posted by thexrated

Why they put gear thats is ugly in first place? Ok. you can transfer the mods, but I still dont get it.

Did you get the point?

Its about choice. I do not presume to know what other people find attractive.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."