Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW:TOR 1080 - Animation Quality in SLOW-MO - Jedi Sentinel Attacks

Comments

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238

Originally posted by Teala

You want to see next gen MMORPG game - watch this from Blade and Soul - this game is going to change how we play MMORPG's.  

Blade and Soul Force Master  <<< clicky

I don't understand how anything shown in that video will change how we play MMORPG's.

All I saw was an anime-esq ninja jump off a cliff and glide, then hop from point-to-point. What was I supposed to look at? The animations were nice, if that was the point - nothing we haven't seen before though.

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

You want to see next gen MMORPG game - watch this from Blade and Soul - this game is going to change how we play MMORPG's.  

Hey it looks like Aion and FFIX.   Looks nice though :)  

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by C1d0s

I don't understand how anything shown in that video will change how we play MMORPG's.

All I saw was an anime-esq ninja jump off a cliff and glide, then hop from point-to-point. What was I supposed to look at? The animations were nice, if that was the point - nothing we haven't seen before though.

go watch some combat videos of the game on youtube it definatly does not have combat that has been seen before in an MMO, aside from that I really don't know though haven't really read much on the game

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by nerovipus32

these animations are a million times better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP5gX09YgZk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dieS4enLsDY

awesome stuff dude.. that was an awesome game.. pitty what was done to it.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by sanosukex

crouching tiger action going on there heh. Too bad its not slated for this time next year for release...

Yeah, seen this before and looks interesting to play, but makes no sense to talk about something probably still over a year away from launch when ToR is launching in just a few days :)

It's like having a juicy steak coming out in a few minutes and then some chick says "Hey, I'm making waffles next year! Look at the picture of these waffles!"

Besides, If I was going to talk about games not even finished yet and coming out for a long time, I'd rather spend more time wondering what Titan will be or what 38 studios mmo is going to be.. not Blade and Soul.

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

Originally posted by popinjay

crouching tiger action going on there heh. Too bad its not slated for this time next year for release...

Yeah, seen this before and looks interesting to play, but makes no sense to talk about something probably still over a year away from launch when ToR is launching in just a few days :)

It's like having a juicy steak coming out in a few minutes and then some chick says "Hey, I'm making waffles next year! Look at the picture of these waffles!"

More like a frozen dinner than a steak, but yeah. 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

go watch some combat videos of the game on youtube it definatly does not have combat that has been seen before in an MMO, aside from that I really don't know though haven't really read much on the game

Already on that, actually.

Again, I don't think it's too out there, so to speak. It reminds me of Aion a whole lot, but I suppose that's probably the Korean, anime influence; however, I'm also speaking in terms of the pace of combat and animation-style. Looks fun, but that's also what I thought about Aion just before I grew bored of it. I'd have to play it to see how it panned out before ever subscribing.

Looks very pleasing, aesthetically speaking. 

Originally posted by pharazonic

As long as you agree you can eat NOW, or starve looking at pictures.. erryup.
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Everything about this game puts SW:ToR to shame - the character creation makes SW:ToR's look 1999-esq.   The combat is more fluid and dynamic for one and the whole feel of the game is more alive.   The combat and special in game effects is where this game makes most MMORPG's look bad...Blade and Soul is like watching a good anime - the only difference is you are in control.

Everything about this game puts SW:ToR to shame - the character creation makes SW:ToR's look 1999-esq.   The combat is more fluid and dynamic for one and the whole feel of the game is more alive.   The combat and special in game effects is where this game makes most MMORPG's look bad...Blade and Soul is like watching a good anime - the only difference is you are in control.

and you know all of this because you've played it, right?

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

As long as you agree you can eat NOW, or starve looking at pictures.. erryup.

I have left overs :P

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Uh huh, I've heard that said a couple thousand times about Asian MMOs.  And then they get released.  

YAWN.

I have left overs :P

Leftovers for a year.. good luck with that.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

We're just talking aesthetics here, so I think videos give us plenty to go on.  I remember seeing TOR videos a year ago, and thinking, well it's a long way from release, I'm sure it'll get better.. Sadly, it turns out that videos can be spot on in some ways.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

Yep Aion and FFIX looked really nice, however those Asian-style MMOs seem to share the same theme.  A huge grind-fest, that no matter how great the graphics are...it just gets so boring.   Seems like all the Asian MMOs I played were HUGE grind-fest off bunnies.  And it goes on and on and on....  

• Clubmaster22Clubmaster22 Member Posts: 279

More Blade and Soul

Blade and Soul Game Play Video  <<< clicky

You gotta be kidding me. When she runs or walks it's just  her legs and arms flapping on both sides of a stiff torso. It looks ridiculous.

Everything about this game puts SW:ToR to shame - the character creation makes SW:ToR's look 1999-esq.   The combat is more fluid and dynamic for one and the whole feel of the game is more alive.   The combat and special in game effects is where this game makes most MMORPG's look bad..Blade and Soul is like watching a good anime - the only difference is you are in control.

I think that's where you might lose the most subscribers in the West; however, that's not to say anime-styled games are incapable of generating competitive subscription numbers.  I'm sure it's more than possible with the right developers. Still, It did't look too impressive to me, as everything I saw only reminded me of Aion, which did't appear too far from the opinions you used to express Blade and Soul's glamour. 

I think it depends more on how in-depth or shallow the actual gameplay is. Looking pretty and being pleasantly functional are two totally different things, and Aion is certainly a good example of that. The only reason I ever left was because of how dull I found the gameplay after such a short time. 

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520

That looked like Aion, replace wings with running really fast mid-air, and flightpaths with glowie things.

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251

FYI all graphic options were not available in BETA.  Does TOR have amazing graphics?  No.  Do TOR graphics sucks so much we have to listen to people cry about them?  Nope.

If you dont like TOR that is perfectly fine I am sure there is another game you do enjoy go play that :)

You could say the same thing about any current MMO.   Aion, FFIX, even guild wars has some really nice graphics and animation.  Aion having some of the best characters I have ever seen.  Yet, I refuse to play that game because it's boring

How come those games died and can't compete with an MMO like WoW which has outdated graphics?  You know why, because they were empty shells.   I don't care how good a game looks, if it's not fun to play it won't be successful.

Originally posted by Gaborik

FYI all graphic options were not available in BETA.  Does TOR have amazing graphics?  No.  Do TOR graphics sucks so much we have to listen to people cry about them?  Nope.

If you dont like TOR that is perfectly fine I am sure there is another game you do enjoy go play that :)

I did not find the graphics all that impressive, but they did have a certain style to them that I came to find acceptable after a little adjustment. 

Bottom line: There's PLENTY of MMOs with way worse. SWTOR is at an acceptable level, at least on the terms that they're trying to broaden the game's acceptance on a multitude of different PC specs.

Originally posted by Vhaln

We're just talking aesthetics here, so I think videos give us plenty to go on.

Well yes, aethestics wise it does look better than ToR. Why that's in debate we don't know.

But saying how "smooth" the combat is and all that.. she's not playing it. Looks do not translate into how a game "feels" as far as lagginess, response, etc. That's her opinion and that's fine but it's not a fact unless she's played it.

Originally posted by Vhaln

We're just talking aesthetics here, so I think videos give us plenty to go on.

Well yes, aethestics wise it does look better than ToR. Why that's in debate we don't know.

But saying how "smooth" the combat is and all that.. she's not playing it. Looks do not translate into how a game "feels" as far as lagginess, response, etc. That's her opinion and that's fine but it's not a fact unless she's played it.

I did get a chance to play it in CBT2, and the combat was more fluid than what you find in SW:ToR and it requires you to pay attention to your position when attacking and defending, because you can dodge and block attacks, as well as position yourself so that the enemy has to turn and face you to actually hit you.   Standing toe-to-toe in this game is not recommended.  You also do more damage to your target if you can get behind of out flank them.

My only issues with Blade and Soul comes down to the instancing and for some reason the Asian based MMORPG's have this fixation with giving female players high-heel footware and minimal clothing(though Blade and Soul has clothing options that make up for this  ^_^  ).  Plus there is a lot of instancing, going from one area to another.   It is not a game breaker, but it does it no worse than say SW:ToR or Aion for that matter.    Where this game shines is in its graphics, combat and game play.    :)

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I did get a chance to play it in CBT2, and the combat was more fluid than what you find in SW:ToR and it requires you to pay attention to your position when attacking and defending, because you can dodge and block attacks, as well as position yourself so that the enemy has to turn and face you to actually hit you.   Standing toe-to-toe in this game is not recommended.  You also do more damage to your target if you can get behind of out flank them.

Positioning does matter in TOR too,  but positioning overall means a lot in other games like Phantasy Star,  TERA,  GW and so on.     Blade and Soul will not change the way MMOs are created or the way they are played.  It will not be a new revolution.  We already have games on the market with very fluid and different combat,  DCUO for instance,  which actually puts a lot more emphasis on skillful combat than Blade and Soul (even in PvE) and does it very well.    

Basically, all these new MMOs that people think are somehow inspirations I was playing back on the dreamcast...  there is nothing new about them or gamechanging.  That is all.