Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta review by Lobotomist - *( non fan point of view )

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Lobotomist

I have been very critical of AOC and WAR. But playing open betas changed my mind 100% and I bought them both.

Hmm, with that trackrecord I wouldn't bet money against TOR keeping over a million subs a long time...

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647
    I played beta for a long time I wont even bother with live, other than the voice acting this game offer same boring stuff like rift and rest of failed mmo. Not to mention these guys suck at fixing technical problem, soon u will find out why u cant log in.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by DexterMMO

http://www.youtube.com/user/logun24x7#p/u/3/OskRij8AYaU

... people are so ... Graphically if Aion and AoC are the mmo power choices... it's now the best. Your opinion of WoW in any shape looking better than swtor is completely insane. Wow legitmately looks 2004-2008 (newer zones)

Honestly, in game the graphics and style are so sad i place them under wow easy. Back to daoc (and only becuase the styling is so poor). That being said i think is a great game to play with 2-3 friends. Like it was dead island or BL , etc.

It pvp is god awful, largely becuase classes are in no way close to equal in strength between the people playing in one warfront. Maybe at 50 or 40 its better. I have noticed it level out the higher i have went.

The compainions and crew skills are great.

There are still some bugs. (A friend's character premently (as of today) lost the ability to gain social pts, valor pt , and force. That was cool, and today) (sometimes i get randomly ported out of instanced areas) (Dc/ing ina  convo in a flashpoint carries a high risk of forcing you to start it all over [group or not]) (Some items label implant, parts, etc go in wrong spots) (some have crashs/dcs, other loss the ability to loot, or the ability to autoloot). But overall the bugs are min.

This game is not a stayer. It doesn't have anything wow doesn't have, but lightsabers, and it also does a few things worse. Honestly, to this day in wow i can start up a new toon and go to 58 without breaking, for the fun in it is that much.

Things that could make SWTOR better.

Better graphics, lets be honest, they are not even 2011 AA.

Better pvp systems

Less FREE loot (pvp, light/dark venders, etc) People should work for the stuff.

Stop nerfing CS.s

Speed up quest convos (ina 4 man group they can take forever for class quests).

Create a purpose for end game.

Crew skills are not intuitve also.

Make your choices impact future ones. (they rarely do).

Edit- I FORGOT THE ONE THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT

Customizable uis/addons lua , etc the works. Any MMO that doesn't allow these obviously isn't trying to be a AAA title.  I mean why let the 1,000,000s of your player base create additional interfaces for better functionality and immersion. Wouldn't want that.

Edit2- (i am so sleepy) The space fighting system is awful. 1994 is kicking a 2011 games ass for space fighting . What more is there to say. (Well at least i cannot assert that 1994 had better graphics than swtor, still holds true that 2004-5 does). I mean i cannot even pick my ship, its a sad sad day.

Having said all of this ill agian state, its not a bad game 2-3+ friends could have a ton of fun for a few months.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

Originally posted by Terranah

A very good impression write up by Lobotomist.  Thank you.

And for those who think playing a game for a few hours or even few days does not tell the picture are kidding themselves.  Most people will play a game and if they don't like it they stop...they don't force themselves to play for additional months experiencing all aspects of game before making a completely informed decision.  Most people I would wager log in, play for a few hours and are either grabbed by something or quit.

It's kind of like reading a good book.  If the opening chapter does not grab a reader they stop reading.  Some will read on to the second or third chapter.  Only a select few will read cover to cover a book they dislike.  That takes a certain kind of person, lol.

Yes and no. You can discard a game after a few hours as not your type, no problem. But most people loved games like WAR and RIFT during the first open beta. In Rifts case 4 out of 5 people changed their view from the first to the fifth beta.

In WARs case it was very pupolar for the first few weeks but after 6 or so the majority of the players had quit already.

It isn't fair to post any actual scores after a few hours play either, just "not my type" or "didn't like it".

Originally posted by Jetrpg

It pvp is god awful, largely becuase classes are in no way close to equal in strength between the people playing in one warfront. Maybe at 50 or 40 its better. I have noticed it level out the higher i have went.

Did you really expect Bioware to pull off a good PvP game? They never even tried it before, TOR will have most of it's players for PvE, never doubt that.

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

Originally posted by Narcin1

After level 11, there is more of the game... you know, past the intro. Your review is half decent, but incomplete. You didn't ecompass the game as a whole, you based it off of the starter quests like every other reviewer has almost. Did you group up and do an instance? Try your hand at some of the PvP aspects of the game? Should have, especially when trying to determine the worth of a subscription. Very lacking.

Also, when you say that you go into the game expecting the worse, that is actually not a good thing to do. It is called a pre-disposition, and forms bias and ill-perception of the game. Just saying.

Review kind of sucked, but I am sure the WoW hate croud loves it. Hipsters.

As I said in oppening.

AOC and WAR convinced me and changed my mind by playing open beta.

SWTOR did not.

As for judging game from lvl 1-11 content. Accurate reflection of the gameplay should be there.

Except for raids. And end content (obviously). I didnt comment on those.

If company fails to grab player by first impressions. Than they do not have much buisness sense.

Since that is what reviewers will review anyway.

As for not playing PVP

I did not have impression SWTOR is PVP focused game ?

If PVP is SWTOR redeeming quality. Than I appoligise.

I must say that your review is good to read and good structured.

But the content of it is like from a child, without mmo experience...

Maybe you should think about it, WAR and AOC you liked after beta... the games were fun at beginning but lacked so bad in endgame. 

I also played till lvl 11 now. I see much potential in this game. Never had such great story in an mmo, but if you are a story skipper, ok its not for you... go look somewhere else.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by Loke666

Did you really expect Bioware to pull off a good PvP game? They never even tried it before, TOR will have most of it's players for PvE, never doubt that.

The best pvp mmos i ahve played were the dev. first attempt at mmos or pvp. Because they don't just copy some lazy ass battle ground and paste it in their game. Well apprently Biow did....

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Its not an RPG when you role is so clearly and lineraly defined for you ... You are not in a  RPG but more Playing a Role.. that EA/Bio has defined all parameters for .....

Now im not saying its a bad game .. it does what it set out to do well.. A story driven action MultiPlayer /MMO...and i will be playing  , as my guild has decided to play , sometimes its not always 100% the game as the journey and the people you are with thats fun..

• LanthirLanthir Member UncommonPosts: 222

http://www.youtube.com/user/logun24x7#p/u/3/OskRij8AYaU

... people are so ... Graphically if Aion and AoC are the mmo power choices... it's now the best. Your opinion of WoW in any shape looking better than swtor is completely insane. Wow legitmately looks 2004-2008 (newer zones)

Honestly, in game the graphics and style are so sad i place them under wow easy. Back to daoc (and only becuase the styling is so poor). That being said i think is a great game to play with 2-3 friends. Like it was dead island or BL , etc.

The compainions and crew skills are great.

There are still some bugs. (A friend's character premently (as of today) lost the ability to gain social pts, valor pt , and force. That was cool, and today) (sometimes i get randomly ported out of instanced areas) (Dc/ing ina  convo in a flashpoint carries a high risk of forcing you to start it all over [group or not]) (Some items label implant, parts, etc go in wrong spots) (some have crashs/dcs, other loss the ability to loot, or the ability to autoloot). But overall the bugs are min.

This game is not a stayer. It doesn't have anything wow doesn't have, but lightsabers, and it also does a few things worse. Honestly, to this day in wow i can start up a new toon and go to 58 without breaking, for the fun in it is that much.

Things that could make SWTOR better.

Better graphics, lets be honest, they are not even 2011 AA.

Better pvp systems

Less FREE loot (pvp, light/dark venders, etc) People should work for the stuff.

Stop nerfing CS.s

Speed up quest convos (ina 4 man group they can take forever for class quests).

Create a purpose for end game.

Crew skills are not intuitve also.

Make your choices impact future ones. (they rarely do).

Edit- I FORGOT THE ONE THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT

Customizable uis/addons lua , etc the works. Any MMO that doesn't allow these obviously isn't trying to be a AAA title.  I mean why let the 1,000,000s of your player base create additional interfaces for better functionality and immersion. Wouldn't want that.

Edit2- (i am so sleepy) The space fighting system is awful. 1994 is kicking a 2011 games ass for space fighting . What more is there to say. (Well at least i cannot assert that 1994 had better graphics than swtor, still holds true that 2004-5 does). I mean i cannot even pick my ship, its a sad sad day.

Having said all of this ill agian state, its not a bad game 2-3+ friends could have a ton of fun for a few months.

i kinda am wondering what pvp you actually played?  Since the  brackets for the warzones  is 10-49  not sure why you think at 40 the pvp woudl be different ( do nto worry they have a good buffing system so even a lvl 10 can fight a lvl 49) Now i rather enjoyed it myself.  The requirment for tactics was far greater in swtro than in rift or wow's BG's.    Take smugglers have to be aware of theri surroundings contantly and tehir  team has to be  alert as to where their smugglers are.  The smugglers have to know where they can find cover ( yes their have their portable fields bbut if they need to use them they are just asking  to have a big target painte don themselves).  They constantly have to make sure they are behind their own forces and in cover  snipping at the enemy  they need to fall back if the troops in front of them falter.  Forces have to advance with their tanks as their main line with some scout forces to skirmish  in front.  Hutta ball is a world of it's own as you really need to  play it like a football  or rugby game with passing the ball to advance.  Bioware so far has resisted  the dreaded "balancing" of classes for pvp relying on the fact that each class has strength's and weakness (that can be exploited by a good player)

I agree the ship combat leaves somethign to be desired. Also remember that your ship is also your home.  Since not every  class has the same ship there could be an easily  impliments option to let you have some sort of a choice.  Also it woudl not surprise me if in an exspansion they offered other ships.

Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

• SonictempalSonictempal Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by headphones

Originally posted by Leucent

Not a suprising so called review by the OP, and laugable one at that. The game gets alot better, but I m not going to try and explain to someone that never gave the game a shot in the first place. I was very sceptacle when I first tried beta, only to be very suprised how good it was.

This was months ago, and I actually played past the starter area. AOC and WAR, really, you re comparing it to those. To each their own, but WAR was great in the first few levels, then hit the turd wall, AOC never felt good to me. Then again I ve played all 3 past the starter area.

as someone who hasn't played, may i ask WHEN it gets better? i always assumed a game should be fun right from the beginning.

i already know my wife and i are getting our copy. but, still.

is this another game that's only "fun" at mythical endgame?

Good Point, and well said.

Originally posted by Loke666

except for pvp centric games like like shadowbane most MMO's have most of their players from pve.

Originally posted by Aryas

Originally posted by Jenovas

Originally posted by Aryas

Originally posted by DarkPony

Originally posted by Jenovas

Hmm. Why all these " i played 4 hours in beta and i have a very super review to show you about how the WHOLE game is" reviews, pop up all the time around the internet? Can you tell us something else? About the flashpoints? The heroic quests? The operations? the open world objectives? how the class and roles fit in individually? The dps/healing animations? the advanced classes? The companion system? The crafting system?

Good point that. People (mmorpg vets) should know better than to dismiss or glorify a mmorpg after just a couple of hours / a few days of play time (of a beta, even). Sure, anyone can give his or her first impression, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. In that sense I only value what long term testers have to say (also the negative ones).

In Lobotomist's defense, if the game isn't enjoyable from the outset, why would anyone feel inclined to play all the way through?

As he states, it's CRITICAL that the game feels good immediately, not several hours/days of play down the line. I personally don't have the time for games like that when there are immediately fun games out there and if my xp of SWTOR is the same, I won't continue to play it past beta.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and for most players, the 'eating' begins as soon as you hit 'Create New Character'.

Aryas

Then he could name the post "First planet review" or "first few testing hours" and tell us just how he think the game is shortly after the Log-in. But to have a full review and say "the game does not worth the sub" when you only have seen the 1% of what a game has to offer you, is just ridiculous. If he were working on a magazine he would have been fired. The game is not for everyone. Some ppl will like it and some ppl won't. But before you express an opinion for a specific matter, you have to HAVE an opinion. It is just like you are about to test a new car, you sit in the driver's seat and before you start the engine you say " ah this car sux. Does not worth the money".

And thumbs up for the comment about the soloing above. The lvl up system is extremely group friendly. I tried it both solo and group and i had much more fun doing quests with my friends and it took me less time.

I hear all the opinions with respect generally. But i want to hear real opinions. Not guesses. Play the game, see what it has to offer and then we can safely critisize it.

I understand what you're staying and playing through the entire game would give a more valuable insight into whether or not it's good or not. However, playing games is a fun pass time and MMO's take days to 'complete', if that word is even applicable. By that measure, we'd all be waiting 6-12 months post launch to hear a review from a normal players (i.e. NOT hardcore MMO nut) who'd tried most of the game. By that point, there would be so many changes, even that review would be defunct!

Using your test-drive analogy, I would personally liken the first few hours/levels of game play to taking the car for a spin round the block. Now I don't really car what a car mag might tell me, if I don't like the car by that point I'm not really going to care if - according to someone who isn't me - it will gradually becomes more rewarding down the line.

This game will sink faster than a lead-plated turd if it doesn't attract and retain big numbers. I believe most people won't stick around long if the game is lame at the start, just for  the promise of better gameplay later on. First impressions count, which is why the attractive girl with big tits and no personality gets the rich husband with a Porsche and the fat but friendly one ends up having illegitimate kids with an illegal immigrant and living off state handouts for the rest of her life.

Aryas

LOL

Originally posted by Sonictempal

Originally posted by headphones

Originally posted by Leucent

Not a suprising so called review by the OP, and laugable one at that. The game gets alot better, but I m not going to try and explain to someone that never gave the game a shot in the first place. I was very sceptacle when I first tried beta, only to be very suprised how good it was.

This was months ago, and I actually played past the starter area. AOC and WAR, really, you re comparing it to those. To each their own, but WAR was great in the first few levels, then hit the turd wall, AOC never felt good to me. Then again I ve played all 3 past the starter area.

as someone who hasn't played, may i ask WHEN it gets better? i always assumed a game should be fun right from the beginning.

i already know my wife and i are getting our copy. but, still.

is this another game that's only "fun" at mythical endgame?

Good Point, and well said.

part of the issue with the op and when does the fun start is they fact that he only played in the starter tutorial area ( takes about 10 lvls to get through it)    So compare that to otehr games  as mentioned AOC had a great  starter set up which took you from lvl 1-20 then the game fell flat.  look at wow would you judge the whole game based on the NE starter area ?  in SWTRO from lvl 1-10 you are learnign the mechanics of the game  by lvl 10 you have your first compaion, have learned how l light and dark choices effect things, the  social  mechanics , how choices effect your companion. and have not done your first flashpoint ( read dungeon)

• JenovasJenovas Member Posts: 6

Opinions are like as***es. Everyone has one. But the fun part is when all the pro veterans in this forums are also fortune tellers and know if and when this game will lift the subscription. It is also fun judging the whole game within the first hours of gameplay. But is is not the first time this happens. I still remember when WoW was pre-release, the people who were telling that this game is an epic fail and will lift it's sub soon, despite the fact that they never went to Orgrimarr(or Stormwind). Anyway. This is not a game for everyone. You like it? You buy and you pay. You don't like it? Don't waste your money. Lot of other games are coming out soon without the Huge and unaffordable sub of 15dol/month. Millions will pass Swtor and millions will play it.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by dubyahite

If I see the word fanboy or hater in the first five lines of a review, I don't read the rest. You doubled down. 

If I see people respond to posts and not read them using excuses like tldr or I read the first line and saw the word xxx, I toss them in the troll bucket.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

After level 11, there is more of the game... you know, past the intro. Your review is half decent, but incomplete. You didn't ecompass the game as a whole, you based it off of the starter quests like every other reviewer has almost. Did you group up and do an instance? Try your hand at some of the PvP aspects of the game? Should have, especially when trying to determine the worth of a subscription. Very lacking.

Also, when you say that you go into the game expecting the worse, that is actually not a good thing to do. It is called a pre-disposition, and forms bias and ill-perception of the game. Just saying.

As I said in oppening.

AOC and WAR convinced me and changed my mind by playing open beta.

SWTOR did not.

As for judging game from lvl 1-11 content. Accurate reflection of the gameplay should be there.

Except for raids. And end content (obviously). I didnt comment on those.

If company fails to grab player by first impressions. Than they do not have much buisness sense.

Since that is what reviewers will review anyway.

As for not playing PVP

I did not have impression SWTOR is PVP focused game ?

If PVP is SWTOR redeeming quality. Than I appoligise.

Lobo, your assesment is entirely accurate, flaws and failings that exist in the first parts of a game dont magically disapear at higher levels. 

• DosasDosas Member Posts: 104

The beta has the Antialiasing option removed but will be included in the launch. Yet you can force it from the ATI/Nvidia driver or 3rd pary utility like Riva Tuner or Radeon Pro if you can't wait till launch. You have a degree on gfx animation or w/e yet you don't know how to make a simple tweak before you start crying.

The game is packed on beta servers yet I haven't experienced a single glitch/ctd on my sandy bridge setup. Go and upgrade your crap computers if you can't run it properly. Online games are cpu bound and can't be compared to single player rpgs like skyrim, but most of you are clueless to even grasp simple concepts like that.

The game is great and sets a nice pace like everyother Bioware game, you want to grind dailies or pwn noobs in pvp sandbox games, feel free to pass this game, we surely won't miss you.

Originally posted by Soraksis

I stopped reading after the first wow clone comment.  WoW clone is a term used by ignorant people who cannot construct an intelligent thought.

You just used it twice.......

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

as long as there are people who say the graphics are worse than WoW. I know the struggle to find an intelligent non troll opinion about any game on this site is going to be a slippery slope.

If I claim Super Mario 3 has better graphics than Age of Conan you actually can't argue with that because maybe I truly believe it so it becomes a validated opinion. Yet it would also mean theres something distorted about the things i'm visually attracted to. If you're comparing the cripsness and realistic ness as "Better" then SWTOR beats all launched MMO's imo but I assume you could be judging from a Van Gohg perspective in which pixelated visuals may appear better to you.

So let's just move on and see other people, we want two different things in the world and we're never going to see eye to eye. So i'm breaking up with you so that you and your pixel perspectives can go be shared with others who also share your critique. Fear not, they're all around.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

If his first hours in the game didn't impress/hook him enough to continue playing, why should he continue playing it? To satisfy the arbitrary demands of some person on a forum, such as you, who feels someone else's opinion isn't valid unless it reflects their own?

It's amazing how often this argument comes up in defense of a game by people who, for whatever reason, simply can not fathom the idea that others may simply not enjoy something as much as they do.

All your response is - as in every other case it's used by others - is a lazy way of dismissing a differing opinion because you can't tolerate it.

I would bet a week's pay, Narcin, that there's a list of MMOs that you have tried, didn't like, and didn't stick around to "encompass the game as a whole" before developing an opinion of it. We've all done it. And there's nothing wrong with it. Not everyone is going to like what you like... and that doesn't mean they're "wrong".  

This is why there are 7 or 14 day free trials. No one is going to "encompass the whole game" in a 14 day trial, nevermind a 7-day one. But they are going to have enough time to decide if it's something they want to continue playing or not and develop an opinion about. And yes, some will log in and, within the first several hours, find that there's simply too much about the game that doesn't sit well with them, and make a decision.

There's nothing wrong with Lobotmist's views of the game, based on his experiences with it. That it doesn't meet "your standards" is irrelevant. You are not the artbiter of "what a valid opinion is", nor do you set the standard of when someone is allowed to voice it.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

Originally posted by snapfusion

-Snip-

Lobo, your assesment is entirely accurate, flaws and failings that exist in the first parts of a game dont magically disapear at higher levels. 

Yes hence how AoC was the ultimate WoW Killer because the first 10 levels means EVERYTHING! Things don't magically change later!

I stopped reading after the first wow clone comment. WoW clone is a term used by ignorant people who cannot construct an intelligent thought.

He used it explaining his views and thoughts about why he stopped reading. I know understanding context can be difficult at times but try to bare with us.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by WSIMike

If his first hours in the game didn't impress/hook him enough to continue playing, why should he continue playing it? To satisfy the arbitrary demands of some person on a forum, such as you, who feels someone else's opinion isn't valid unless it reflects their own?

It's amazing how often this argument comes up in defense of a game by people who, for whatever reason, simply can not fathom the idea that others may simply not enjoy something as much as they do.

While no one can speak for another on their own experience. That doesn't mean there's not something to the argument that a game can open up and become more enjoyable at later levels. Especially with how games are designed today, more often than not the early experience is dumbed down drastically; as well as restrains the player's freedom to a simple path from a to b.

In the case of MMO's this usually means dumb mobs, simple progression, lots of hand holding, etc.. Devs today try a little too hard to ease players into the combat elements of a game, as well as offer too much direction in what a player should be doing in the early stages... that's just the way it is, so again the argument has merit..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by snapfusion

-Snip-

Yes hence how AoC was the ultimate WoW Killer because the first 10 levels means EVERYTHING! Things don't magically change later!

I stopped reading after the first wow clone comment. WoW clone is a term used by ignorant people who cannot construct an intelligent thought.

He used it explaining his views and thoughts about why he stopped reading. I know understanding context can be difficult at times but try to bare with us.

Negativity was his context, as is yours......Claiming someone is "ignorant" because they use a term you do not like is hardly fair.  It's clearly trolling....That context is quite clear....I know understanding context can be difficult , but try to bear with us.....

• MundusMundus Member UncommonPosts: 237

Originally posted by Enerzeal

Ohh and claiming your education in graphic art gives you the knowledge to judge how good a games graphics are is pretty bigheaded. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, next time you review a game and mention its graphics, explain it is your opinion which dictates your words, not some education.

The textures do look like shit, though. If you don't have the art talent that Blizzard has you might not want to go with low-res textures.

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276

Pretty good breakdown.  Originally on Friday night I was disappointed, but from play last night and this morning the game is starting to grow on me.   I agree that I expected more polish on the game at this point.  I also had characters talking out of thin air, usually when I was on a speedbike or other places away from any nearby NPC.   The game play has grown on me some.  I am enjoying the Jedi Sage which is suprising as it was the class I was least interested in before playing.  Something about throwing stuff at my enemies that I like I guess.

Over all I am rather blah on the over all story.  Having read almost all if not all novels set in TOR timeline I was expecting more.  Though coming across characters that I know from novels has been interesting.   

I also turned off global chat to stay in character and undistracted.  The problem with this is that for the most part I played the game completely single player like, other than drive by buffing other PCs that I saw.   I felt I had no need to group up and once I got my companion I was able to hold my own and do group quest without any problem.

But all that said i don't think SWTOR is a bad game.   Matter of fact from the ups and lows of this weekends beta right now I am back to being sure that I am going to keep my preorder.  If nothing else to hold me over to Kingdoms of Armur: Reckoning or Secret World come out.   

SWTOR doesn't break any new ground beyond the choice how to answer dialog which in itself pretty limited.  The one thing that I do really, really like about the game so far is the loot options.  I like that mobs throw up a becon when they have a loot table and that I can loot multiple mobs at the same time.   While loot is a great part of any MMO, often looting is boring and lame.  I do believe that SWTOR has improved on the loot concept more than anything else.

The rest of the game is pretty much standard modern Themepark fair.   Not a bad thing, just nothing overly new.

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com