Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pay by Day?

2»

Comments

• JohnnyBravolJohnnyBravol Member Posts: 83

I think a pay by day system is good. Pay by month is too much, and pay by hour is too little. Pay by day is a nice balance. I'd definitely go for that system rather than a pay by month. You'd get a much better value, as you have to play every single day to get your money's worth in a pay by month model. This way, you save money and don't feel like you're wasting money.

• RandyERandyE Member Posts: 12

As someone developing an MMO, no, I would never go for this. The monthly fee is perfect for those all around. You only get hassled every so often, and I don't get gauged by CC Transaction Fees and PayPal Fees.

If I was going to offer a Pay/Day type model you're looking at closer to $2/day than 50 cents. That a purely business standpoint.

If that's something you're willing to put up with, than by all means, go right ahead.

Good way to think outside the box thouhg, although it is just a variation of a tested way of doing things.

And @ the poster that said servers costs is just a line fed by the devs. No. Not at all. Do you know how much a server costs a month to run not including manpower? Hell just bandwidth alone you're talking about thousands of dollars for a decently popular MMI...that's each server.

But I guess you probably know more about what it actually takes to make an MMO run than me. I mean, I haven't been researching this for years and founded a company based off the desire to launch an MMO. Definitely, you know more than me.

• OcirusskdOcirusskd Member Posts: 212

didnt APB try something like this where the loby was free but then you had to pay for time in the actual game world ? and if i remember right that sub model scared a lot of people off.

• exdeathbrexdeathbr Member UncommonPosts: 137

I would like a system like this:

Monthly fee: X by month

"Client price": 3 * X and you get 3 months

PS:You dont buy the game in this mmorpg. Thats why the price is exactly  X * 3 and you get exactly 3 months.

The mmorpg would have many pre-paid offers, with higher amount of months to be able to be pre-paid.

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

i don't like the idea of .50 a day. i think that is too much. 

right now i have xbox live for the next 14 months....1 year + 3 free months. I probably play xbox maybe 2 times a week only for about an hour or so due to work. I only play when my friends do too. i always feel like i'm wasting so much money by actually not playing. in the end its only about $4 a month, so its overall cheap and affordable. 

so basically if i play for 8 days, 50 cents each day, it'll be 4 dollars. thats already what i'm playing for xbox....but what if i wanted more? then things will get even more pricey and overall, i don't think it would be worth it.