Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wizard101: Cross Generational Magic

2»

Comments

• kylehickeykylehickey Member Posts: 1

crows are awesome

• DianneSlipkiDianneSlipki Member UncommonPosts: 1

Originally posted by Starpower

...card packs you buy outside the game that gives you and edge, which you can't obtain neither through their online store or ingame stores. .

Agreed.  This is a global economy and all members should have access to the same items.  Their system for international players is downright clunky and outdated.

It's still a great game, though.  I started (skeptically) playing 3 years ago on a tip from friends,  but  it didn't take me long to get completely hooked.  It's the most fun I've had for ages, and at $5 a month (when subs are on on sale) its entertainment value is huge.  I like my subscriber benefits, but am glad the option is there for players to purchase areas of the game if they want.

• molivo99molivo99 Member Posts: 1

wizard101 is the best

• Ivanna9Ivanna9 Member CommonPosts: 4

My family has been playing this game for almost three years.  We love the graphics and family friendly atmosphere.  One area, I believe really needs attention is the pvp section of the game,  in particular team play for adept, magus wizards.  Right now, it is almost impossible to get a fair game .  Higher level wizards team with very low level wizards ( these pairings are called puppet teams)  to  get an easy win  against  low level teams.

Low level wizards who try to  team with each other and play fairly get blindsided by these puppet teams.  The atmosphere in the arena is ugly and frankly sad.  I love wizard101, but this part of  the game is definitely  not  family friendly.  Those of us who pvp do not  want pvp dumb downed , just made more fair.    KI needs to step up and fix this problem.    The day they do I will be a happy camper, and I will again be able to recommend this game to my friends.

Kings Isle, please do the right thing and solve the puppet teaming problem.  

• ChoGath4everChoGath4ever Member Posts: 6

My kids and extended family have played this game for well over two years now.  We used to enjoy 2-3-4 person teams to help each other through the storyline / worlds.  Sadly, recent changes that have increased the "grind" factor have caused folks to lose interest:

-  Pets training is a monotonous, highly SOLO activity.  No one can help you or even talk with you as you play the pet training mini games.  The training takes a HUGE amount of time and has RANDOM results.  It is extreme disappointing to people/young kids who want certain types of skilled pets to never be able to get them no matter how hard they try.

- Gardening is a monotonous task that is a huge time sink with little to show for the effort.  The good news is that your friends can visit and talk with you as you cast your gardening spells.

- There seems to be a larger emphasis on forcing players to spend crowns (AKA real $ cash), above and beyond the monthly subscription fees.  Items such as mastery amulets are very expensive in the crown shop.  Even permanent spells are being exclusively offered in the crown shop now, which is very upsetting to folks who thought they got the entire game with their yearly subscription.

• Talisman68Talisman68 Member Posts: 2

Most expensive free game I have ever seen.  But me and my kids love playing it.

• bfieldsc21bfieldsc21 Member Posts: 2
    My favorite pet is the Fog Unicorn, I have read and tried to hatch for it with people that have it. But I will have to settle for the Grove Unicorn because it is the only thing I can get. Love trying to get it though. Pet training is awsome.
  • ChoGath4everChoGath4ever Member Posts: 6

KI seems to have "doubled down" on making vague promises to fix problems.  Check out the thread over at central - PvP Update Long Overdue

" ... in the course of 7 months, how much content have you released? How many hoard packs have been released? How much has your player base and staff increased? Yet, your pvp community continues to wait, problems within pvp increase, exploits and bullying are on the rise, yet in 7 months, we receive the identical response from you, albeit with an additional 6 words. How long are we to wait for KI to make these promised changes to pvp, and stand by their committment to in game exploits and bullying seen as a serious offense?"

• ohx012ohx012 Member Posts: 1

this game has alot of things going for it, huge player base, easy to pick up and play interface and controls, wonderfully missed turn based combat, BEAUTIFUL colorful graphics, 100s of awesome mini games, fun on their own, making it an awesome value, super involved and varied pet system, 100s of mounts, housing, gardening system, crafting system

this game is fun for adults as well as kids

the turn based combat is what makes this game way better than most mmo's, but i really like the graphics too.

• WizardTechFODAYZWizardTechFODAYZ Member Posts: 2
    i lOVE Wizard101! I just want you guys to do more beta key giveaways though... Soon please?:)
  • red207699red207699 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I think Wizard 101 should make it possible for us to put out 2 cards instead of 1,and the monsters can only put out 1 card. It'll be an advantage for us and a disadvantage for  the monsters, and it will make everything easier ( quests, getting xp by fighting monsters and getting item after defeating the monsters etc.)
  • VulpesIncultaVulpesInculta Member Posts: 2
    First of all, I am a level 98 wizard, and I couldn't get my level 98 pet because I didn't get my level 78 pet, and nothing told me to go see my teacher about a pet. Furthermore, there is a CHANCE to get quest times. I understand that so you have to work for it, but it just gets annoying after a couple times. And you have to solo the Azteca astral spell bosses which are hard to beat. People should be allowed to teleport to you if you are doing those kinds of quests. And, not only that, but the drops in Tartarus, they are way way too unfair. You rarely get anything good, and when you do get something even partially good, it is something that you didn't want and it doesn't have good stats at all. The Senator stuff drops way too much. At the very least, take them out of the Hades battle. In all, Wizard101 can be a fun game at times, but sometimes, the game stressed you out and eventually makes you quit.
  • VulpesIncultaVulpesInculta Member Posts: 2
    First of all, I am a level 98 wizard, and I couldn't get my level 98 pet because I didn't get my level 78 pet, and nothing told me to go see my teacher about a pet. Furthermore, there is a CHANCE to get quest times. I understand that so you have to work for it, but it just gets annoying after a couple times. And you have to solo the Azteca astral spell bosses which are hard to beat. People should be allowed to teleport to you if you are doing those kinds of quests. And, not only that, but the drops in Tartarus, they are way way too unfair. You rarely get anything good, and when you do get something even partially good, it is something that you didn't want and it doesn't have good stats at all. The Senator stuff drops way too much. At the very least, take them out of the Hades battle. In all, Wizard101 can be a fun game at times, but sometimes, the game stressed you out and eventually makes you quit.