Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

11th hour class crisis..

NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Hi,

I have a general idea of what type of 2 class types want to play,

1: A melee: its a toss up between Sith assassin and marauder.
2: a Ranged Bounty hunter | Imperial agent.

Melee: i want a very fast paced character which i initial thought i would go with the marauder, But apparently the only roles it can fill is dps which brings me to..The assassin which can fill the role of a tank which i very much like along with steal rogue like qualitys. problem being, as its based on a caster type i dont want to be forced into using caster type abilities as a melee character.

Ranged; i really like the sniper rife aspect of the imperial agent other than that i dont know much about them, Im almost 100% sold on a bounty hunter class in mechanics but i really wana be that sniper guy as opposed to being up in the action..

if anyone has any hands on experience with these classes would be great to hear from ya real quick, I know the beta is im mere minutes but it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mellkor

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Comments

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238

Last beta, I played as a marauder and it was a blast. Of course, as you said, it is ONLY DPS; however, I never found myself getting too bored and often I was used as an off-tank during difficult instance pulls / bosses.

Can't say for the Assassin, but that's just my suggestion.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by C1d0s
    Last beta, I played as a marauder and it was a blast. Of course, as you said, it is ONLY DPS; however, I never found myself getting too bored and often I was used as an off-tank during difficult instance pulls / bosses.
    Can't say for the Assassin, but that's just my suggestion.

Thanks for the quick reply mate, info much appreciated. Did you experience much pvp with your mara?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

I'd say try them all to 10 or 11.  Gives you a sample of what they are like but not the whole thing.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Roin
    I'd say try them all to 10 or 11.  Gives you a sample of what they are like but not the whole thing.

Thats the general plan, just wanted to get some info to improve time management :)